Team Vet HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game 2 Commentary

3 posters

Go down

Game 2 Commentary Empty Game 2 Commentary

Post  Admin Mon May 25, 2009 7:49 pm

Post all your commentary here. This thread should allow guests to post, but please fill in who you are.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Game 2 Commentary Empty commentary

Post  rdonj Fri May 29, 2009 8:54 pm

I was very impressed by how you guys coordinated your team. It's quite plain to see that you considered every action very carefully, and had a very high level of commitment between players. The way you handled yourselves was a textbook example of how a team game should be played. I applaud you and your careful, exhaustive micromanagement. Well done.

Also, you've gotten a chance to see the sort of advice I've been giving the noobs. I wanted to know if I was saying anything that was just blatantly wrong, because if they're following me I don't want to be giving them bad advice. There were definitely some things I saw that I knew they shouldn't do and didn't tell them, but I'd really rather not try to direct wars for people in a game I'm not even in. Anyway, a response about that would be nice.

rdonj

Back to top Go down

Game 2 Commentary Empty Re: Game 2 Commentary

Post  atul Sat May 30, 2009 8:42 am

Honestly I always thought your advice should count as a noob nation slot, at least. Generally sound advice.

Before starting this game I read noob forums from the first game and got the impression you were pretty much whipping the noobs into form. Personally I liked the sage advice mode instead of slave driver mode, but it might be just due to side I was on. ;p

atul

Back to top Go down

Post  rdonj Sun May 31, 2009 3:51 am

Well, in my defense... I really wanted to win that first game, heh. I knew the more organized we were the better of a chance we'd have to win, sooo I took the initiative figuring no one else was likely to.

Very glad to see I wasn't hurting them any. I'm going to try to take another step back for the next game and see how little I can help them out. Although I have to say, if you guys had micah on your side maybe giving them advice wasn't such a big deal Razz

rdonj

Back to top Go down

Post  atul Sun May 31, 2009 10:36 am

Advice isn't a bad thing. Just remember that if noobs don't make any mistakes, they're not learning from 'em. ;p

Hm, I don't remember Micah giving much input, if at all. Might've when I was off the IRC channel, but at least on forums he wasn't that active.

atul

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDemon Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:49 pm

I seem to remember Micah's input on IRC was limited to recommending against an N9 bless for Lingchih and being bribed to sub for qm for a few days, which I'm not sure even happened. He wasn't ever in our vets-exclusive channel either. Would be great to have him play or play in game 3, but I don't think we'll be able to convince him.

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Post  rdonj Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:53 pm

Ah well. One can only dream.

Anyway I was going to take another step back in this game and try not to advise the noobs too much. Maybe I'll help people who are having trouble coming up with a decent build but I want to do less of that this game. I know someone who is probably playing in the next game though who I know will be asking me a lot of questions, and I am probably going to be helping him a lot. It's cool though because he learns fast, and I'm explaining the whys of things to him as I go along. Of course, this assumes the game ever gets going, which is looking a bit unlikely as of the moment.

rdonj

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down