Team Vet HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Turn 4 Thread - now with pictures!

+2
lingchih
atul
6 posters

Go down

Turn 4 Thread - now with pictures! Empty Turn 4 Thread - now with pictures!

Post  atul Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:00 am

Pic or it didn't happen:

https://i.servimg.com/u/f89/13/89/61/11/kuva_113.jpg

Took 2 provinces and now my capital resources are already at 361. So no more resource constraints, yay. Also, noob on the 36 is Jotunheim, which I'd think should be an relatively easy match for my skinshifters. I hope.

atul

Back to top Go down

Turn 4 Thread - now with pictures! Empty Re: Turn 4 Thread - now with pictures!

Post  lingchih Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:41 am

Well, it looks like Pythium is first up for me. Rather fitting, thematically.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f86/13/76/96/87/ermort10.jpg

His cap is in 336, and he is using Gladiators for his main combat troops Very Happy

I took 355 and 358 this turn, and will be taking 354 and 345 this turn. I haven't quite decided on my purchases for this turn. Still kind of chuckling over watching 30 glads take an indy prov, and then disappear in a puff of smoke.

edit: OK, I have 190 gold left over for whoever needs it. Let me know.

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDemon Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:02 am

TwoBits (our pythium player) had a thread asking what to do with gladiators on the main boards. Surprised he's using them though. Kill him before he gets to magic duel.

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Post  atul Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:07 am

Probably read ChrisP's EA Ermor guide about using gladiators.

Seriously there should be some rating system to weed out bad advice...

atul

Back to top Go down

Post  DrPraetor Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:29 am

Hitting 211 this turn. Sent 70 to ashdod, recruiting more indies.

Province 239 is lizards. Anyone in desperate need of SN?

Once I've got two forces of BCav wandering around I'm going to switch over to imperial guard and start boosting my tax rate. Imperial guard are surprisingly good defense against SCs and other nastiness anyway (relatively good morale, glaives.)

DrPraetor

Back to top Go down

Post  Baalz Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:35 am

Didn't get as much gold as I'd hoped, squeaking out construction of third fort but no spare change to build temples/labs this turn so won't be able to recruit first turn castle 2 is online. Finished mistform research though, so guys who can't build are spreading out and attacking : 136, 189, 171, 177. I'll probably be pulling everyone back for construction next turn though so my province expansion graph will probably look quite odd. :0

Baalz

Back to top Go down

Turn 4 Thread - now with pictures! Empty first province with indie scouts, also first province with indie mages (bear shamans)

Post  namad Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:49 am

first province with indie scouts, also first province with indie mages (bear shamans) are bear shamans even worth the construction costs?

taking 329 305. Expansion is going about as poorly or more poorly than almost ever before during dry runs. Or maybe just having pangaea and shinyuma doing so well is just making me nervous?

average population of the provinces i've got so far is about 3000.

303 has enemy dominion candle is indie and has sloth growth spreading. not really indicative of anything. (although that is the side i have the indie scout province on)

Turn 4 Thread - now with pictures! Th_81876_turn4ashdod_122_884lo

this turn i am recruiting scout/adon/3troop

Last edited by namad on Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

namad

Back to top Go down

Post  lingchih Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:54 am

Baalz wrote:Didn't get as much gold as I'd hoped, squeaking out construction of third fort but no spare change to build temples/labs this turn so won't be able to recruit first turn castle 2 is online. Finished mistform research though, so guys who can't build are spreading out and attacking : 136, 189, 171, 177. I'll probably be pulling everyone back for construction next turn though so my province expansion graph will probably look quite odd. :0

Sending you 190 Baalz.

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDemon Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:46 pm

Unfortunately I don't have any extra this turn, spending all my extra to make sure I rebuy Ship Wreckers.

Attacking 88.

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Post  lingchih Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:03 pm

The shamen are worth it if you don't have any other way into nature, and you don't see any better indies. I was lucky enough to find Lion Tribe witch doctors, which have a pretty nice random spread, though the chance is only 10%. I'll still probably build a lab there at some point though, unless I find something better. Still looking.

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDemon Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:53 pm

guys I'm going to be away for about a day, shouldn't miss a turn but will be out of contact

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down