Turn 5 thread - now with drunken abuse!

Go down

Turn 5 thread - now with drunken abuse!

Post  DrPraetor on Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:12 pm

Okay, ya fucks. I got a hero, so I've got Con 2 next turn.

I'm sitting on a pile of water gems, probably going to save those for Frost Brands, or rune smashers or something else sexy if one of your neanderthals wants to send me gems.

Hitting 218 and 231 this turn. I'm sending 336 to Ermor.

DrPraetor

Back to top Go down

Re: Turn 5 thread - now with drunken abuse!

Post  TheDemon on Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:17 pm

Pic:
http://i39.tinypic.com/29y4n4h.jpg

I'm attacking 109 and 63 (the pic is wrong). Since Eriu is on the left and Vanheim is going left, I'll focus all my expansion parties from now on the right. Lost the Ship Wreckers to Abysia, meaning he bid about 350 for it.

e: have 210 gold to spare, if anyone needs urgently, otherwise I need to start saving for a fort. Baalz, you're doing lab and temple construction next turn, how much do you need?

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Post  lingchih on Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:28 pm

Pic:
https://i.servimg.com/u/f86/13/76/96/87/ermor_10.jpg

I have C'tis on my eastern border now, as you can see in the pic. It's prov 349. Poisons slingers and sacred serpents. I am moving my army in the cap out to defend 359, and the Prophet army will move back to 355 to defend there. Recruiting another Grand Thaum, 10 vestals, and 10 Principe in the cap. No money to spare. It's fighting time now.

My scout in Pythium cap reports 20 units, no mages, no pretender. It looks like his circle is only about half complete. I am moving my second vestal army to take 340 this turn..

I took 354 and 345, completing my circle. And, got an arena.

And DrP, I clear over 850 a turn now. I have no need for the money.

Last edited by lingchih on Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Post  DrPraetor on Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:36 pm

Okay. Sending to vanheim instead then.

DrPraetor

Back to top Go down

Post  lingchih on Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:41 pm

Ahh, nasty. Poison slingers do a base 5 armor negating damage on hit. That will kill a longdead horse in one hit. Looks like he has a lot of troops too. May need some help up here from Ashdod.

Namad, can you hit 341 and get next to C'tis, so he cannot flank me?

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Post  atul on Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:54 pm

Still no clue whatsoever who's to east of me, but if the donations are rolling in it's time to start killing some giants. Moving into position and recruiting, next turn more recruiting and killing indies between me and Jot, turn after it should be a fight, or nearly one. Hopefully.

I'm a bit worried about not having a castle building started. Might start to build one at 34 on the way to Jotunheim.

Still lacking in the scout department, but the pic's below. The Jarl in the bottom sniping grassland provinces has got heroic quickness. Wasn't the light lance bonus somehow tied to AP? He's got almost 60 of them, yay.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f89/13/89/61/11/kuva_310.jpg

atul

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDemon on Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:57 am

Lingchih, I just did some testing. Poison slingers are somewhat unique in that their primary weapon is classified as AN poison, meaning it does 5 AN damage distributed over time. They do not do any damage on hit itself, but create a poison cloud that does the 5 AN poison damage. I'm not familiar with the technicalities of how this happens (eg. modding stuff), but the 5 AN damage you see counts as poison damage.

That means that since they create an AoE, your tower shielded troops won't parry them at all and will get absolutely slaughtered, and they'll do nasty things to your vestrals, but it also means your longdead horse are 100% immune so set them to attack archers and go to town.

I tested this today under CBM 1.5 and confirmed it. Stuff with 100% poison resistance are 100% immune to poison slingers.

Watch for his H3 priests though, they spam a mean banish.

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

dear ermor

Post  namad on Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:35 am

winged boots are const4 right?

There are almost no good canidates for fort placement I need a mountain or a forest... but I don't want it adjacent to my capital as that would steal capital resources right? (or does it not?) border mountains farmlands and plains won't work (they aren't 3turn 800's). Province 285 would be ideal but, I can't reach that province this turn and I don't want to be below 3provinces per turn this turn. I had my prophet die and in doing so lost what would've been my 4th army's commander... big big setback/loss... ashdod's expansion is directly limited by it's number of priests to bless small expansion parties... if I built a temple in 305 I could recruit more priests there however... that's a lot of gold to waste when I haven't even placed a fort yet. I can get one priestblesserleader per turn from my capital until I can get a fort location selected... and then zamzumites are a lot better than onyx amazon commanders for only a little bit more $$$.... feel free to tell me I am wrong... I feel like having the least experienced player playing the most powerful nation is definitely holding our team back.

305 is onyx amazon territory. With amazons, nightmares, oynx priests, and oynx sorcerersess. However ashdod doesn't need e1d1 mages for 180gold ... doesn't need them one bit! 320 and 329 are bear and dear tribes which bootstraps me into nature but the commanders suck so badly compared to my nationals.

This turn I am recruiting the same thing I did last turn 3troops and an adon (gold limits additional recruitment of more troops)
if I completely stop recruiting troops OR completely stop recruiting adons I could probably afford lab/temple/fort constructions within a reasonable period of time... otherwise i'm recruiting less than half as many troops as I could if I had higher income.... thoughts on what I should do? buy? prioritize? I did not count on the noobs expanding this well.

make note of the gems in my screenshot I have edited my turn so that all of these gems are being sent to tein chi please let me know if I should not send some of them. I could use items for adons and zamzumites as would be indicated by whoever ends up being an opponent of mine (pr100 against c'tis perhaps... single bracer of protection to combine with the bless.... a brand of some sort... etc.. I could go into detail if and when we decide what I should be doing)

screenshot is made with this website http://imagevenue.com/host.php

P.S. the noobs fucking studied the crap out of proper expansion strats... they're raping us so far... doing literally twice as well as they did last game?!?! also all their incomes are higher than all of ours... I think maybe picking start locations that were balanced in terms of placement resulted in us getting much worse provinces in terms of start quality? or wait a second... are some of them just taxing 200 all provinces? figuring that if they die we get nothing as a prize and before they die they do maximum damage? with how badly they outnumbered this might be a valid winning tactic?

namad

Back to top Go down

Post  DrPraetor on Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:49 am

namad wrote:winged boots are const4 right?

Yes. I can make them in a few turns if people send me air gems.

namad wrote:... but I don't want it adjacent to my capital as that would steal capital resources right?

Correct.

I can certainly use the gems - let me know what to make.

namad wrote:P.S. the noobs fucking studied the crap out of proper expansion strats... they're raping us so far... doing literally twice as well as they did last game?!?! also all their incomes are higher than all of ours... I think maybe picking start locations that were balanced in terms of placement resulted in us getting much worse provinces in terms of start quality? or wait a second... are some of them just taxing 200 all provinces? figuring that if they die we get nothing as a prize and before they die they do maximum damage? with how badly they outnumbered this might be a valid winning tactic?

I expect so, yes. The prize is that you get to kill them Smile.

I'm going to raise my tax rate to 200% soon as well, so I'll have more gold to send you. Of course, I want a fort or two myself. That said: do not save money for forts yourself, but forces and kill an opponent ASAP.

I can make PR equipment for you, but someone has to send me nature gems. In quantity.

I'll have con 2 next turn and I can give a better consult on what to make.

DrPraetor

Back to top Go down

Post  atul on Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:10 am

Yeah, everybody remember, if you can get a fort from a noob at the same cost as building your own, you're getting ahead! Smile

I'm searching a few provinces for E gems before shit hits the fan.

Anyway, noobs seem to have few scale builds and few awake pretender builds, thus higher province and income count. I wouldn't fret yet.

Ling, if (as it seems) C'tis is using Sacred Serpents as a screen for Poison Slingers, don't forget Ermor has a special spell called Apostacy. It turns enemy sacreds to your side. Just saying, might be funny sight to see how Sacred Serpents turn around to slaughter Poison Slingers. Wink Just use Communions to get past the MR.

atul

Back to top Go down

Post  Baalz on Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:22 am

I'm at 866 + 789 so barring anything terribly unexpected I should be able to output 1400 for two labs and two temples next, though if I could get another 150 or so I could be confident I can also recruit a sidhe lord. Pulling back most of my guys for construction next turn, only attacking 192. My time line is looking like:
t5 (this turn) - pulling back
t6 - construct labs & temples
t7 - recruiting 3 sidhe lords per turn deploying all the sidhe lords I've got to mop up indies
t8 - Spread out and find a neighbor or two to raid
t9 - cloud trapeze is ready. Unless I lose one I should have 14 Sidhe Lords 3 castles and be in the upper half for province count ...not too bad for turn 9! Smile

I'd also like to point out that cloud trapezing 3 Sidhe per turn costs 9A and I've got an income of 3. I certainly don't need to trapeze every one, but having some A gem donations will give me a much better ability to support you guys around the whole map and coordinate crippling attacks against single opponents. I'll be able to air drop 9 guys immediately t9 if needed. I can use them without any items, but I've got to double them up and stick to lighter defenses, so item forgings would be great if possible. Eye shields/vine shields and shields of beaten gold and a frost brand is the most economical.

Once cloud trapeze is researched I'm going to send out my rainbow sage to site search thus bringing my research down to 0 but that should help with our gem flow. After a bit I'll pull him back and hit some evocation research for lightning support.

Baalz

Back to top Go down

Post  atul on Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:09 pm

I have A income of 2 per turn, I can send them to you prior to air attacks. Just remind me a turn in advance.

Further air searching requires me to recruit something else than the cheapo dwarves, which is something I am going to do... ...just not in the first 5 turns of the game.

Okay, any bets: How many flying noob pretenders on our capitals on next host?-) At least Pan has a Gorgon, C'tis might have a PoD.

atul

Back to top Go down

Post  DrPraetor on Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:23 pm

Does anyone know - if you pillage a province with a fort down to pop 0, does that province still import resources from fort admin?

Because our best bet might be to kill enough of our own population to protect ourselves from rains of toads. Also, given they have both MA blood nations, we have to expect that the noobs are going to be sending a lot of horrors our way, and soon.

---
Shields of beaten gold - I can start making these if someone sends me enough F/E.

Frost brands I can just make.

---

Further thoughts - if possible, we should all have large patrol forces in our capitals. We've got a lot of enemy raiders to potentially worry about. In my case, I intend to have enough patrollers in my capital that nasty event spells will just plate off.

DrPraetor

Back to top Go down

Post  Baalz on Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:37 pm

atul wrote:
Okay, any bets: How many flying noob pretenders on our capitals on next host?-) At least Pan has a Gorgon, C'tis might have a PoD.

Hmmm, good point. I think I'll swing up and nab lightning bolt before going out site searching, 3-5 high precision casters should put the hurting on most out of dominion pretenders, at least the first time. Smile Also only need one more level of alteration to get swarm if needed...swarm + vine bow will be my followup for whoever thinks they're cute with a lightning ring.

Baalz

Back to top Go down

drp

Post  namad on Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:28 pm

drp theres really no way to know what i need ... it sounds like ermor already has pr100units so ermor might not need my help... so don't worry about the pr amulets...

obviously everyone needs brands ... i could over the long run use at least a few bracers of protection.... i could also use helms (the helms would be useful for just the protection or any effect one might have with a "better" helm) and boots (reinvig/flight) but... we haven't located enough of the noobie capital's to really build up an exact picture have we?

should i be tax'ing 200% for a while? I could really use the gold now however later... when i have more gold I won't need to overtax because 75% of my game is capital related so once I hit a certain threshold theres less need for it?

P.P.S. i've selected several possible candidates for future fort placement, but i can't decide if I want to stop recruiting troops, stop recruiting commanders, or tax 200% as all seem like bleak methods of acquiring 800g spare i guess i'll stall the decision another turn and maybe we'll get more data about noob nation placements

namad

Back to top Go down

Post  lingchih on Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:28 pm

TheDemon wrote:

That means that since they create an AoE, your tower shielded troops won't parry them at all and will get absolutely slaughtered, and they'll do nasty things to your vestrals, but it also means your longdead horse are 100% immune so set them to attack archers and go to town.

I tested this today under CBM 1.5 and confirmed it. Stuff with 100% poison resistance are 100% immune to poison slingers.

Watch for his H3 priests though, they spam a mean banish.

Thanks Demon. Tactics have been switched accordingly. Longdead horse are a bit scarce right now though. Only have a handful.

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum