Turn 6 thread - KHAAAAAAAN!

Go down

Turn 6 thread - KHAAAAAAAN!

Post  DrPraetor on Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:44 pm

I'm hitting 209 and 250 this turn.

Sending more chump change to Ashdod, but will send someone ~800 next turn - who wants? After that I should make a fort myself, although I see no mines, and only fort I really build are cities (1200gp/5 turns, not fun in a game like this.)

Gem stockpiles: 5F6A29W20E20S5D1N.

I can make stuff or wait a few turns for Con 4.

What's possibly good at Con 2:
Pendant of Luck for 5S
Eye Shield for 10N
Horned / Dragon / Black Steel helmet for 5N/5F/5E
- mainly just for people with lousy helmets
Bracers of Protection for 5E

DrPraetor

Back to top Go down

Re: Turn 6 thread - KHAAAAAAAN!

Post  TheDemon on Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:40 am

Hitting 120 and 64. Unfortunately I lost my meatshield in 63 this turn so I can't send that army east. But I'll adjust my recruitment to compensate, so I'll get something out east as soon as I can.

Found two sites, one 1F/1S and the other 1F/1A. I'll send DrP all my gems, if I need any back I'll let ya know in advance but all I'll need for the forseable future is fire which I have.

I could use cash for a fort on that timeline DrP. Unfortunately Marignon gets 1k forts at best, except swamps and there are no pure swamps in range. I'm building a peg castle though, which is one of my favorites.

http://i41.tinypic.com/1zn7o9c.jpg

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Post  atul on Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:27 am

Thanks for the gold DrP.

Nothing much to report, still no-one to be seen on the east. Too bad I don't have any scout provinces, but at least it seems Marignon's here to watch my six.

Recruiting skinshifters and a sailing commander, they're off to Jotunheim next turn. Searching few provinces this turn, lets hope for the best.

Attacking 34 and sneaking few Vans to 21. Jotunheim's expansion army is in 15 which means it will either attack 23 or 5 next, establishing a border between us. Probably 23 since 5 has a lot of barbarians.

Obligatory pic:
https://i.servimg.com/u/f89/13/89/61/11/kuva_410.jpg

atul

Back to top Go down

Post  Baalz on Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:24 am

Received 150 gold from Demon, but proved unneeded. After all my construction and recruiting I've got 183 gold left, sending it back to Marignon. Attacking 194.

Baalz

Back to top Go down

Post  namad on Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:32 am

dear lingchich I failed in province 341..

hrmm seems that somehow a priest who was scripted to cast bless twice failed to bless one out of two sacred troops due to bad aim. Then a weapon with 2damage and 10strength did 23damage to a unit with 18-19protection. (after most of the enemy forces had already begun routing) oh well. The commander/mage/priest is fine though at least he can either site search or head home or site search on his way home.

Tenatively i'll be attacking 250 and 267 this turn, but drp wants 250 so maybe I shouldn't expand that way? 267 and 285 are the provinces i'm tentatively hoping to place forts in eventually due to their low gold cost.... if i attack 251 instead of 250 that leaves that army only ONE direction to move in whereas if i attack 250 instead of 251 i leave open 2paths ... now i could simply not attack 267 and have two paths out from 251... but if people want me to start a fort next turn it'd be a good idea to attack 267 now... but if no one sends me gold this turn i could not start that fort anyways... meaning swinging from 251 to 267 wouldn't be an issue. the army attacking 267 has 2or3 other directions it could go...

is there another way drp could expand?

drp what does your screenshot look like?

Also this turn I'm recruiting my first research mage I'll probably recruit them until I've identified the noob's i'm most likely to be at war with and can decide what strategy to enact against them and then shift focus back to whatever I deem is appropriate.

if I could get ~200-300 gold this turn I could start a fort in 267 next turn and still keep up recruitment of commanders (even if I sacrifice a half dozen troops for the value of the fort)

namad

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDemon on Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:01 am

I would go for 251 just in case. The last thing we need is people clashing over indeps because they only read the thread once or something. I only have 86 spare gold, but I'll send it all to you. Hopefully DrP's donation is enough.

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

currently i am planning to take 251

Post  namad on Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:37 am

currently i am planning to take 251 or neither

if he responds though he can change things...

the problem is that if i take 251 it's probably wise to delay building the fort a turn... but i might have to delay the fort one turn due to funds anyways

namad

Back to top Go down

Post  lingchih on Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:27 pm

OK, a picture is worth a thousand words, so here are my intended moves for this turn:

https://i.servimg.com/u/f86/13/76/96/87/ermor_11.jpg

I'm stocking up on the move3 Lion Tribe archers (got three provs of them now), but I can scale back recruitment to send some money to Ashdod if he needs it.

C'tis has pulled back, so I am not going to attack him blind this turn. Gonna bracket him and see what I can see from there. Don't know where Pyth's army is. Looks like most of one is in his cap.

I probably need to get a couple of forts up soon too.

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Post  atul on Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:32 pm

Pythium has indies next to his capital still standing and has a large army in his cap? Oh, waste.

I just noticed Jotunheim's army graph is far higher than mine. What can he recruit in such numbers? I hope not giants...

atul

Back to top Go down

Post  lingchih on Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:43 pm

OK, I am sending 173 gold to Ashdod.

lingchih

Back to top Go down

rambling

Post  namad on Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:56 pm

*SUMMARY* I would consider the bare minimum gear setup to be considered a SC for an adon with s2 to be alt3 research and *** brand, dragon helm (or horror helm), bracer of protection, amulet of antimagic.

adon's have 57hp 18prot(naked gear only unbuffed) 16morale 23str base 13def (geared to 17) base fr50

2paths of EITHER fire/astral/or earth and they are sacred h2 priests so they can bless themselves with my e9n6 bless without needing to wear shrouds freeing them up to wear rainbow armor (general purpose) or hydraskin/rime (specific opponent)

as far as their default gear goes their helm is the worst and most in need of replacement. helmet wise I am partial to horror helms, and the morale helm dragon helm i think it's called?

ashdod is setup to always be outnumbered so some sort of AoE weapon is important a brand specifically.

adon's are so powerful their biggest weakness will be their 18mr so antimagic amulets are important. with easy research the noobs could reach key mr based attacks quite early.

winged boots are the ultimate pair of boots for a game like this however boots of quickness and boots of the messenger also have their uses. Adon's also have full itemslots +a bonus third misc slot this means that they can in an ideal setup have the reinvigoration amulet and an antimagic amulet plus a third item tailored specifically to the adon's path or the expected opponent.

the adon's with astral are the most powerful early on due to reaching luck and body etheral quickly.. they would enjoy a setup bare minimum cheapest layout frost brand, horror helm, bracer of protection, amulet of antimagic even with just those four item's i'd probably consider them a SC (although clearly a full setup would improve them greatly)

after reaching those research goals it becomes possible to reach invulnerability and then the earth adon's can reach high protection easily making the bracer of protection unimportant for those particular adon's and luck pendants a worthwhile concern.

finally at alteration 7 comes phx pyre combined with 3misc slots and the 4reinvigoration bless well... the adon becomes similar to a dai oni who isn't a demon and doesn't have a ghost

my research plan is probably going to be alt3const2alt5conj3alt7 which will allow me to make discounted 3Eor/or3F/or3S const2 items at a 15% discount before the game is over (but not anytime soon)... reallistically with my total lack of focus on research the game might end before i ever reach alt7 but alt3 astral adon's or alt5 earth adon's are both monsterous.

as far as shield's go i don't think there are any good one's are const2 and everyone knows gleaminggold/vine/charcoal are the gold standard..

If somehow we end up with more items than adon's ashdod has recruit everywhere 35hp 4prot(base of 2) morale 13 mr17 e1d2h1 sacred units... these are pretty weak after the cbm nerf however 25% of them can eventually cast soul vortex 25% of them can use conj3 to move into invulernability and ALL of them can cast ironskin and 35hp +ironskin+sacred +e9n6 bless is not great I admit... but for MA it's not bad (i'd equip tuathe and vandriots way before zamzumite's though)

i'm open to suggestions from anyone, I have 2adon's so far(both s2 variety) and intend to recruit more, i can continue to funnel my gem income to drp all of it everyturn. also i'd like to mention that if this wasn't a team game i'd probably go alt1-const2-alt3 instead so i could make my own items but... ashdod's paths aren't anywhere near as diverse as teinchi's

Last edited by namad on Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:49 pm; edited 5 times in total

namad

Back to top Go down

if drp does not reply to me

Post  namad on Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:20 pm

if drp does not reply to me this is the version i will go with (this has my first fort construction being delayed to begin on turn8)

namad

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDemon on Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:39 pm

One quick comment, TC doesn't have death magic, you might want to consider an alternative helm or no helm if they come with one, at least until someone with death gets to con 2.

Last edited by TheDemon on Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

okay okay okay

Post  namad on Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:44 pm

okay so ling and thedemon have told me i need to start forts ASAP and i should just disregard the fact i am harming my expansion rate

so i am going to do what this picture shows... then start the fort in 267 next turn as long as i get 250-300~gold from allies this turn i can still recruit a lone tamari elder and no troops

also next turn an army with 2ndary commander for fort building will head for 285

there is an indie commander to relieve the commander in 267 but he is one province behind for some reason

i wish i knew exactly how much gold drp sent me... if i did maybe i could recruit an extra troop this turn

this current plan leaves me with at most 1new province next turn which might end up having to be attacking knights (which i always like to leave for last if possible)

namad

Back to top Go down

Post  lingchih on Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:52 pm

yeah, sounds like a plan. Not sure if it is a good plan, but it is a plan. Honestly, I am just crushing everything in my path, so I am not a good judge.

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down