Team Vet HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Turn 8. Finally a little luck for ashdod.

+2
TheDemon
namad
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Turn 8.  Finally a little luck for ashdod. Empty Turn 8. Finally a little luck for ashdod.

Post  namad Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:16 pm

I can start a fort using only my own income next turn in 285 however doing so will result in my recruiting 0-1troops instead of more, if I could get some donations I could recruit and start my 2nd fort, although that 2nd fort would be in danger of raids from the gorgon (but he would have no way of knowing the fort was being built there and his normal armies wouldn't be able to reach the fort in time to stop it it would have to be the flyer) if I get no donations it might be best just to recruit as much as I can and forget about getting anymore forts anytime soon.

Turn 8. Finally a little luck for ashdod.

please note that this guy is not actually better than a normal capital only recruitable commander... but it's still lucky to get a hero even if he's not at all capable of altering strategy (he's 100's of years over old and otherwise identical to an adon with +2e) his old age makes him not very useful as an sc BUT he's helping with my RP problems Smile i'll be up to 37rp per turn next turn

(yippie my first hero.... yummy yummy rp)

https://servimg.com/view/14069885/4

here's my tenative turn: (an alternative is found in a future post)

https://servimg.com/view/14069885/5

the plan is to hold position with my troops at the location of that fort so that it does not get canceled... this will allow shinyuma to raid me without me doing anything to stop them... hopefully they won't... now I could probably defeat that tiny army, but i'd rather combine my two forces in the area instead of just trying to get in their way with one... hence the combining of the two armies in the SW of my screenshot.... I can get a fort started in 285 next turn which may will hopefully get finished before c'tis OR pangea get to it...

additionally i now have two gold mines in provinces with low population i am going to tax200 them until all the population die and then KEEP doing it... this will result in higher income than 100tax and having a few population would have

if anyone has any suggestions on where to move to slow shinyuma down feel free to make them... i could always throw up a blockade of PD in their path but thats probably wasteful? (right now i'm at pd1 everywhere) should i go up to pd5 to prevent them from splitting their forces into tiny stealthy parties and still winning raids?... other thoughts? reach me on IRC... i won't submit this yet i only spent a few minutes thinking about it ... i still might edit it

my income can support starting the fort in 285 next turn however doing so might result in having to recruit 0troops which may be less of a good idea now that I'm facing pending foes

Last edited by namad on Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:24 pm; edited 4 times in total

namad

Back to top Go down

Turn 8.  Finally a little luck for ashdod. Empty Re: Turn 8. Finally a little luck for ashdod.

Post  TheDemon Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:38 pm

So Caelum and I are about to start hostilities in the west. I'll explain, but first a picture:

https://2img.net/h/oi40.tinypic.com/1zd6k28.jpg

What's important is he didn't own 134 (the northernmost) last turn, so it definitely contains an army. My expansion army was going to take that plains, but its my weakest and I don't want to risk clashing with a mammoth/archer stompfest. In addition to the plains at 118, I could go for 128 (due north of my army) but that could still clash, or I could go for 92 (due south) which is a really defensive move as it restricts my options next turn.

If Baalz has intel on the composition of the army in 134 please post.

Also taking a gamble with my spy and going for this 0-PD prov.

In the south, atul, I'd like to check with you if its ok for me to take 52. Otherwise I'll have to move, the other two indies are too tough for that army.

So my tennative plan is attacks on 91, 52, tennatively 118, and 114 with a scout.

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Turn 8.  Finally a little luck for ashdod. Empty Re: Turn 8. Finally a little luck for ashdod.

Post  lingchih Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:41 pm

Well, no attacks yet, but both C'tis and Pyth have now pulled all their forces up on my borders:

https://i.servimg.com/u/f86/13/76/96/87/ermor_13.jpg

You may notice that second Pyth castle in the far west.
Anyway, I'm holding and reanimating longdead horse with my three armies. Reinforcements are being brought to the prophet, and I am building a fourth, more conventional army of Principes to be led by a Censor (in addition to sacred vestals, that I max on every turn). I'll have the money to put up a second castle next turn, but I don't see anywhere safe to do so yet.

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Post  Baalz Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:42 pm

Alright, cloud trapeze is ready next turn, I'll have 5 guys in labs and ready to drop with several more out clearing indies. As I mentioned they are pretty tough even without items so I should be able to clear fair PD immediately, but what I'd prefer to do barring very tasty targets is to build up over the next couple turns while we come up with a good target then drop 12 or so in one turn on a single player, tax everything all to high hell and crank the PD while all my Sidhe gather in one or two provinces I put up labs in to jump the whole mess onto another player two turns after the first attack. I'll also try and get research done for thunderstrike, and I'll have Tuatha scripted to cast it twice and retreat which should make retaking all that high PD costly and slow.

With that in mind, I'm particularly interested in scouting out which of our newb friends has light PD. Pay attention and try to scout extra heavily on anybody with "one loyal henchman" for PD. I'd love to take every single province the turn he knows he's being attacked.

Still haven't hit an enemy nation yet. Attacking 173, 214, 146, 210. 5 damn bloodhenge druids spammed agony at me routing the one actual army I'm using so I've got to go collect all those up with my prophet...:/

I've got 552 gold looking for a good home.

Baalz

Back to top Go down

Post  Baalz Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:43 pm

Sorry, no intel on Caelum

Baalz

Back to top Go down

Post  lingchih Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:46 pm

Baalz, I could probably use some cloud trapezing help when the time comes. I'm pretty outgunned by the two nations massing on my east and west. Both nations are using at least 10 or more PD per prov though.... have not seen any light PD yet.

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Turn 8.  Finally a little luck for ashdod. Empty tactics in the west?

Post  namad Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:48 pm

I could take dwoana (in the SW of the screenshot) with my army instead of retreating backwards towards my fort... this would perhaps put shinyuma on his heels. If i'm expanding towards him he might foolishly move towards my army on purpose instead of countering into my territory? I could always then try stopping the raiders with a new army currently being raised in the capital? also... should I increase pd past 1? what's a good breakmark for pd? should i tax200% my provinces 1turn before they come under risk of raids? or 2turns before ? (risking them never being raided)

namad

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDemon Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:48 pm

If you're almost ready to go, I'll use my spy for scouting instead of taking this prov.
114 - Caelum, 0 PD

namad could probably use the gold if no one else needs it critically

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Turn 8.  Finally a little luck for ashdod. Empty baalz if you give me your 500gold I can use it to start my 2nd fort

Post  namad Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:50 pm

baalz if you give me your 500gold I can use it to start my 2nd fort... if you don't want me to start a 2nd fort you could still send the money as even if i don't start a fort my natural income only supports 50% of my capital troops not 100% my troops should be fairly useful against both shinyuma and pan? although maybe this is a mistaken assumption?

namad

Back to top Go down

Turn 8.  Finally a little luck for ashdod. Empty how about i just rape shinyuma and don't yield any territory?

Post  namad Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:11 pm

every 2pd for ashdod gives one edomite and one geldatite combined value 70gold for 2pd
province 284 has slingers 7gold 2resources i can recruit 20slingers set pd 16 and move my army from the fort construction location there giving me a force that is likely to obliterate the shinyuma expansion force which is not using any trolls or mages as far as I can tell??? thoughts?

there will be 8size3 javalineers and 8size4 infantry giants 1giant commander 20slingers in the center... so i figure maybe i let them all get engaged by the enemy and go with a flank with my only troops which can receive orders?

battleplanning SCREENSHOT:
https://servimg.com/view/14069885/6

maybe i should go up from pd16-pd20 it would cost 17+18+19+20=76gold and net me 140gold worth of extra uncontrollable giants
how sure are you guys that shinyuma will attack 284? if you are 100% sure he will attack even 22 or 24pd would be fairly cost effective ashdod has fabulous pd

*************************************************************************************************

and this is what the general view of my new idea looks like

Turn 8.  Finally a little luck for ashdod. Curren10

Last edited by namad on Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:24 pm; edited 3 times in total

namad

Back to top Go down

Post  Baalz Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:36 pm

lingchih wrote:Baalz, I could probably use some cloud trapezing help when the time comes. I'm pretty outgunned by the two nations massing on my east and west. Both nations are using at least 10 or more PD per prov though.... have not seen any light PD yet.

10 PD is fully doable against most nation's PD, I'll test it out specific to the nations in question just to make sure....which are? (sorry, been paying attention to my own vicinity). Line up some scouting, as I mentioned I'll have 5 fast movers ready to scramble next turn. Forgings will greatly amplify my power, I doubt Dr P is twiddling his thumbs but just a reminder that my strength is a bit limited until I can kit a few guys. I'm quite comfortable dropping in on a guy averaging 10 though using standard gear, I just didn't want to drop in on a newb who cranked 20+ in every province.

Baalz

Back to top Go down

Turn 8.  Finally a little luck for ashdod. Empty i think drp said he will have const4 in 2turns so it'll be a bit more

Post  namad Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:48 pm

i think drp said he will have const4 in 2turns so it'll be a bit more

namad

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDemon Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:51 pm

Baalz wrote:which are?

Pythium to the West and C'tis to the East of Ermor's position.

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Post  lingchih Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:58 pm

I'm getting readouts of "quite well organized" all over Pyth. I believe that means 10-19. Just now moving scouts into C'tis land.

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Post  atul Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:53 pm

TheDemon, feel free to take 52.

Thanks for the gold, with that, not getting mercs and overtaxing farmlands got quite a lot of gold to spend this turn.

Arco retreated, which is all fine and good.

Jotunheim attacked 23 the same time I did. I had lost archer decoy against indies (I went first and cleared them) so lost a few units more to his javelinists than I might have, but still 6 killed against 32 killed is good in my book. Jotunheim took also 5 with archers yelding him a line to my lands which will make this interesting.

Attacking 30 with sneaking Vanjarl, sailing to 21 and moving against 15 (it has a temple so probably also fort construction). Starting a fort in 34 and buffing PD so that those archers in 5 don't get to do anything nasty.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f89/13/89/61/11/kuva_610.jpg

atul

Back to top Go down

Post  atul Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:06 am

Just realized when looking at the next hosting time.

I'll be away from home approx. from monday 7 am (GMT) to tuesday 2 pm (GMT). So if it should happen that this game turn hosts immediately after I've left and new hosting time would be before my projected arrival I'll need somone to do my turn. The probability of this will be small but it exists, so just a warning.

Since it'll be on turn 2 of Van/Jot war I'll leave instructions if it seems I'll be needing a substitute for a day.

atul

Back to top Go down

Post  DrPraetor Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:28 am

I will have Const 4 *next turn*.

I'm making a bracer this turn with my one spare caster, could make a frost brand instead depending on what we're prioritizing.

I've got weenie armies moving into 217 and 264. Namad - I am avoinding that northern pass as per your request? Or are you going to fight enemy players rather than trying to expand further? Advise.

I have *1200* gp to spare! I can either start a walled city in 211, or make donations to people. Unless otherwise instructed, I'll send 600 to Ashdod and 600 to Vanheim, since Marignon, Ermor and Eriu do not seem to need money.

Turn 8.  Finally a little luck for ashdod. TCT_8

DrPraetor

Back to top Go down

Post  atul Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:51 am

I can of course always use the money (24 skinshifters more? Yes plz), but as it currently is, am not needing it just now. So building a fort would take priority unless you've got them coming out of your ears.

Just haven't been paying attention, is everyone at minimum building their second fort at the moment?

atul

Back to top Go down

Turn 8.  Finally a little luck for ashdod. Empty I have not yet formulated a plan for fighting pangaea, the gorgon is scary

Post  namad Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:43 am

I could use ~500-600 gold next turn ... although i think eriu said he also had gold to send.... I do not need to receive 1000gold so... if eriu wants to send out 500 and drp wants to send out 500+500 we would need to choose three receivers? or? maybe van could use 1000? or maybe baalz won't end up checking the thread again because he's partying and won't end up sending? not sure....

I have not yet formulated a plan for fighting pangaea, the gorgon is scary. However I've yet to see a single troop of pangaea's my scout has just detected their existance. You probably should not avoid any provinces in that region just to leave them open to me anymore, it would probably be wiser to take what you can take and make pangaea/whoever else is there/ the biggest concern.... I think I might try starting the fort in 285 and pray pangaea doesn't realize i am doing so until it's too late for him to move the gorgon in. (I might just leave the army sit at the fort location to protect it? or I might continue expanding along the lines I told you I would... we could decide as a pair what is best to do)

With a brand/dragonhelm/doublebracer/antimagic amulet and alt1+ench1 an adon would have ~25mr33prot and 20morale this would leave him totally undefended againt poison... he could instead go with one bracer and one snake ring for 27prot 100pr... is there another way to get pr? i know theres green dragonscale armor and hydraskin armor.... eitherway a kitted adon should be a match for the gorgon?

also if the adon was pr100 he 'd be a good candidate to head north after swatting the gorgon out of my territory and raid c'tis (assuming pangaea is put on teh backburner from losing their gorgon assuming i can guess where the gorgon is going... speaking of catching gorgons ... that might require winged boots... then again maybe thunderstrike or orb lightning would be a better way to kill the gorgon? cloud trapeze allows you to GUARANTEE catching him flat footed)

namad

Back to top Go down

Post  DrPraetor Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:34 pm

I've got a second fort building. Next turn I'll start a third fort in 209, it'll be finished at the same time a fort started in 211 would be anyway.

I have relatively a lot of FWES, and relatively little AN. Birch boots give PR 50? They cost nature gems but they're a good compromise, I think.

Hydra skin armour is probably what your Adon want to wear in the long run - low Enc, PR, Regeneration - but it's Const 6, unfortunately. So you won't be getting it for a while.

S2 Adon Equipment:
Fire Brand (+50 FR = 100)
Frost Brand (+50 CR)
Dragon Helmet (Morale)
Copper Plate (100 SR)
Birch Boots (Reinvig 2, 50 PR, 50 CR)
Amulet of AM
Bracer
Bracer

That's 10F, 5A, 5W, 15E, 5W, 5S, 5N per Adon. These Adon are immune to anything the enemy can through at them, basically. Only 50% PR, and not much I can do about that. In two turns I can outfit two of them.

DrPraetor

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDemon Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:04 pm

Honestly, I would go with only one brand (they come with a shield), no birch boots, and copper plate only if you have extra gems. His guys are either going east or west, they only need PR vs C'tis, so just forge enough snake rings for any that will be fighting him and swap it for one of the misc slots. That makes it easier to swap the items to someone else if necessary as well.

DrP, do you have hammers? We should get you at least one, I know Ashdod and Vanheim both can have E3 and con 2 is only 60 RP.

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Post  atul Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:28 pm

Oh, if the fort thing is in order, I can always use more money for war effort. Smile

Trying to start finding those A gem sites, any day now.

atul

Back to top Go down

Post  namad Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:35 pm

Shields are pretty good items one brand should suffice. Also i won't need any copper plates at all unless i pickup a new opponent shinyuma and pangaea and c'tis aren't much of a threat for air magic? (nor do they really threaten much frost magic)

I'd say I need one or two snake rings EVER at max?

so (fire brand+dragon helm+bracer+snake ring+antimagic amulet) x2
thats 20f20e10n10s total

OR

only one snake ring and three bracers of protection and only one dragon helmet(leaving room for a horror helmet) and one attacks pangaea and one attack shinyuma?

thats 15f25e5n10s

I plan to start recruiting adon's again beginning next turn. This turn I am recruiting my 3rd research elder so that I will be up to 37rp per turn next turn. After we see which paths future adons have we can come up with specific desires for what they should wear, however every adon will want AT LEAST: one brand, one bracer, one antimagic amulet, and perhaps 1-2other items enemy dependent

Without winged boots it will be hard to catch the gorgon? Even with winged boots it will be hard? Also i'm a bit afraid to attack c'tis because even if they never damage my units at all their dominion causes disease? maybe pangaea will be cocky enough to attack into a trap though... ?

Shields are really amazing combined with glamor, are they not? also AWE combines very well with glamor? so you might wanna focus your shield efforts on eriu/baalz

namad

Back to top Go down

Post  DrPraetor Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:13 pm

If you wish, but I have a certain concern that our opponents won't be complete pushovers.

If Caelum has a science pretender, he could cloud-trapeze a bunch of arch-seraphs onto one of your giants, anywhere in the world, and thunderstrike it into component atoms. This will be *especially* obvious after Eriu and/or Vanheim do this to one of their supercombatant gods!

Was it not Sun Tzu who said: be prepared for all eventualities IN THE FACE (paraphrasing?).

I have no hammers. I'll use any I get, but I'm not going to delay deployments for a few gems. Gems are great, but turns are better. I can make hammers myself but I need to have an E2 alchemist take a turn to make boots and *then* take his time making hammers.

Also, could someone post a follow-up in the main forum, that I'm revealing too much of our plans (if in need of inspiration: what good did the Riddler do for the Legion of Doom? Not a lot.)

DrPraetor

Back to top Go down

Post  atul Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:23 pm

Good point from DrP. Team noob is probably better coached than in previous incarnation and that kind of remote-targeting will happen at some point. The question about the amount of A gems still remains, though.

Unfortunately my reading of Sun Tzu has been restricted to abridged version (with pictures), and what I remember it was about fighting like a snake and killing women in order to teach their harem sisters how to take military matters seriously.

EDIT: After I'll get few research geezers from Iron Order I'll forge few hammers for ya.

And damn I'm so out of touch of DC Universe to get that point. But sure can follow up with something.

atul

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next