Turn 10 threat - Let's get this party started

Go down

Turn 10 threat - Let's get this party started

Post  DrPraetor on Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:18 am

My second fort will come on-line next turn. Fort #3, which is enough to meet my needs if barely, will come on line 2 turns later.

In terms of research - I need evoc 4 / thaum 1 for my basic attack scheme (thunder strike and acid rain out of a communion), and evoc 6 / conj 3 / thaum 1 for my better attack scheme (gifts from heaven and magma eruption out of a communion.) My research plan is:
evoc 4
thaum 1
constr 6 (sometime next game year)
conj 3
evoc 6

Sending this turn:
(to Ashdod) Dragon Helmet, Fire Brand, Snake Ring, Winged Shoes, Amulet of AM
(to Eriu) Shield of Gleaming Gold, Frost Brand
(to Vanheim) 600 gp
(to Ermor) 528 gp

Making this turn:
(for Ashdod) Fire Brand, Bracers x 2, Amulet of AM
(for Eriu) Frost Brand x 2, Shield of Gleaming Gold x 2

As you can see from the image below, I am skirmishing with Pangaea and Abysia.

Pangaea already lost an expansion force fighting in Wyndun/255. I'm going to stomp on the remnants in Halbathria/266 unless they run.

DrPraetor

Back to top Go down

Re: Turn 10 threat - Let's get this party started

Post  TheDemon on Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:07 am

http://i29.tinypic.com/2j47b00.jpg

Caelum's force has disappeared and been replaced by a force of mammoths, but I'm reinforcing with 70 troops so I'm not worried. Got eyes on Caelum's new fort and the spy will be there next turn. 104 has 2 PD.

Jotunheim withdrew his force and didn't go through the indeps. Probably to 59 or farther if he has mapmove 3 and forest survival. I'll start raiding him once my force is back on the border. Still nothing in the East, I'd like to hear from atul if there have been any new Arco sightings.

2 turns until my fort comes online, I'm building the lab/temple next turn, and also starting another fort in 78 next turn. If anyone has spare cash a small (max 400) monetary donation just to make sure I have enough would be great. I should be able to get by without but who knows, one unlucky event and I'm delayed.

Attacks this turn are:

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Post  DrPraetor on Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:52 am

Revised my turn slightly.

Sending 400 to Vanheim and 328 to Ermor and building a temple.

DrPraetor

Back to top Go down

i have acquired my turn file via usb in a lab

Post  namad on Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:55 pm

i have acquired my turn file via usb in a lab.

either my internet will be fixed before the deadline

or i will do the turn on my own without any input from you guys and then submit it via the lab again (and provide a summary of my actions at that time... last turn i provided no summary because the only changes made to the .2h were the ones proposed in irc ... i wish i knew how my turn went but i can't check on that until i drive home)

(i was hoping there would've been more posts about turn10 right now while i was in the lab)

namad

Back to top Go down

Post  atul on Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:03 pm

Hokay. Picture first, talk later:

https://i.servimg.com/u/f89/13/89/61/11/kuva_810.jpg

I'm sieging Jotunheim capital. No resistance, just cleared PD. My current troops are unable to bring down castle walls, judging from earlier scout report there should be few tens of giants inside. Jotunheim managed to kill my PD in 30 with his troops coming in from 17, but in process killed all his giants. That force consists of Jag Slingers now, not a threat. Some lizard warriors have appeared in 17, but he shouldn't have a leader for them yet... I think. For some reason Jotunheim moved his pretender away from his capital to 45, I'm assuming he's buying time for something?

Still no sightings from Arco, I'm attacking his province at White Peaks 24 now with a small retinue of skinshifters.

Then for the bad news: Caelum took most of the western indy provinces next to Jotunheim lands this turn, so it seems he's coming in next.

My choices are to either 1) start reinforcing sieging force and hope for the best, 2) go after Jotunheim's pretender or 3) start moving towards Caelum forces. Any ideas?

My second castle is coming online in White Forest 34 in two turns, should be able to move in troops faster after that.

atul

Back to top Go down

if someone provides me with their email/or a filesharing service they like... or heck... i'll use megaupload and zip the files with a password ?

Post  namad on Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:07 pm

if someone provides me with their email/or a filesharing service they like... or heck... i'll use megaupload and zip the files with a password ?

when i return to the lab in aproxiatemly 24hours i will upload a zip file of my .trn and .2h so that anyone who wishes from this forum can review it...

of course it's totally possible my interent is fixed before then

namad

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDemon on Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:42 pm

Yeah unfortunately you need Lingchih's situation and he's usually on late evening.

exferior@gmail.com if you need to send me anything. I'll post screenshots if you want to start thinking about what to do early.

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Lingchih's situation

Post  lingchih on Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:38 pm

Good news first. C'tis did not attack, and did not re-enforce his dragon led army. Bad news, Pythium attacked in force. He took one PD only protected prov... big army, about eighty strong, with about 20 serpent cataphracts. The cataphracts tore up my PD. Unbacked PD is not going to be a viable option for me against Pyth.

In the other battle, led by his prophet, he was defeated, with heavy losses on both sides. I killed about 60 troops, including 15 serpent cataphracts. This time, I had vestals, and they held and eventually killed the serps. My Principe chaff was devastated though, and so I am retreating back one prov closer to the cap, and re-grouping.

Buying the usual... a grand thaum, 10 vestals, and some Principes. Still no place safe to put up a second castle.

Looking at the graphs, I can see that Pyth's army size took a big nosedive, while mine, even with my losses, had a big uptick. That's encouraging, at least.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f86/13/76/96/87/ermor_15.jpg

I did not get farstrikers, as you can see. I guess they were worth more than 318 gold to Agartha.
Ashdod's wrecking of the Shin prophet army was fun to watch.

lingchih

Back to top Go down

i had some scripting problems in my battles which resulted in me losing slingers

Post  namad on Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:11 pm

i had some scripting problems in my battles which resulted in me losing slingers... if i had scripted better my sacreds would've been able to bear more of brunt and kept some more of the chaff alive/from routing

good news though is that i beat shinyuma and pan and killed both of their small expansion parties almost entirely... the bad news is that either or both of them could still easily wipe my army clean next turn

i am making some attacks both of which are designed to be somewhat aggressive but also somewhat distractionary and cautious.

my 3rd adon is ALSO ASTRAL. I'm recruiting my 4th adon. as you can see I have some spare gold (basically the same amount i had leftover last turn from allied gifts).

if you want to know more about my turn or discuss my turn with me in anyway what you will have to do instead is load my .trn and .2h

if I've made any mistakes or the team wants me to do anything differently you may have to just change it.

it is possible my internet will get fixed tomorrow however it is uncertain.

keep in mind i don't really like linux and i don't have admin rights in this lab... so i cannot install mirc or dominions3 and i have some trouble using the filesystem... i am aware this will cause problems but ideally the internet will be fixed tomorrow and worst case probably be fixed by friday i'd imagine

my turn is done as best as i can do it in the total absence of any information about what drp and lingchih want me to do... i'm making two attacks of enemy territory... i plan to be attacked at least twice by enemies and my border are now such that indies are of little concern...

my turn might contain some strategic mistakes i am unaware of i give ANY of you permission to edit my .2h and resubmit someone please nominate themselves to look at it at least before the deadline, i've already submitted the file because this current version is vastly superior to staling

keep in mind i was not able to take into account all the information posted prior in this thread as I have to drive out to this lab and etc... but yeah... i've made some errors in this .2h in terms of positioning of my commanders to best receive incoming items but i have 3commanders i believe as of next turn sitting in my capital for the sole purpose of helping ferry items to the adon's... the problem with the adon's is that they are my most precious resource but also without them i cannot bless my troops so I'm torn on their usage... additionally it seems that casting blessing causes spell encumbrance of which they have a lot.. which leads to being in the range for increased critical hits incoming

here are the files the password is sphinx

1. Download Link: Click here to download file
rapidshare.com NoobsVVets3.rar.html
MD5: 6A26591082A159EB15B9D8C5402C23BE

namad

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDemon on Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:43 pm

Looked over your turn and I can't disagree with any of your moves. My only concern is eventually we'll draw out that gorgon, but it fights one battle and then we know where it is and can deal with it accordingly. Watching how your sacreds took care of shinuyama, I don't see you losing a battle where you bring 10+ unless his forces are in the 200+ range.

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Post  atul on Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:08 am

Gotta agree with TheDemon, you're sweeping the floor with Shinuyaman troops. Just a note in case you've missed it, DwoAna (254) seems to have death-3 scales with zero dominion. Usually means a D site, though there's at least one N and one A site that increases death scales.

I'm submitting my turn with assumption that Caelum wants to pay a visit and that the exodus of Jotun's pretender just means he's abandoning his capital and attempting to either reunite with the army TheDemon spotted or build a new base. Probably somewhere around 59 or so. There would be a chance to kill Jot's pretender with air strike if we had means for it, but it might not be cost-effective at the time.

Attacking 45, 30, 24, sieging Jotun capital.

atul

Back to top Go down

yeah i noticed 254 dwoana was almost certainly d3 but what am i gonna do about it?

Post  namad on Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:19 am

yeah i noticed 254 dwoana was almost certainly d3 but what am i gonna do about it? the enemies has many many times as many armies as me i haven't had time to do much site searching yet although i've done a very small amount so far and found 3sites and also had like 3 level0 sites (my sites aren't gem sites tho )

namad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down