Team Vet HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Turn 13 Thread - we post these for a reason

+2
namad
TheDemon
6 posters

Go down

Turn 13 Thread - we post these for a reason Empty Turn 13 Thread - we post these for a reason

Post  TheDemon Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:14 am

Other than getting my entire western army wiped by a stray sidhe lord, this was a pretty good turn.

Turn 13 Thread - we post these for a reason 297i9s

As you can see Jotunheim is apparently going all-out against me, with basically indep troops and his Titan (in 81). Arco had 0 PD in his provs, and his cap has a Titan pretender in it. Machaka moved a bunch of armies to the front. I have a fort building in 78 that I need to protect for a few more turns unfortunately.

Enemy intel:
94 - Jotunheim, 70 units, Lion Tribe Archers and Light Infantries, 5 Jotun Javelinists
81 - Jotunheim, 50 units, Lion Tribe Archers, Woodsmen, Crossbowmen, Skipjack the Titan
77 - Jotunheim, 44 units, 15 Lion Tribe Archers, 10 Lion Tribe Warriors, 19 Light Infantry, 2 Commanders
54 - Jotunheim, empty
93 - Machaka, 50 units, Machaka Archers, Militias, Great Spiders
72 - Machaka, 60 units, Great Spiders, Spider Riders, Light Infantries, Machaka Archers, Machaka Warriors
74 - Machaka, 20 units, Machaka Hoplites, Light Infantries, Spider Riders
83 - Machaka, empty
37 - Arco cap, 60 units, Slingers, Peltasts, Elephants, Fenriri the Titan
45 - Arco, empty
27 - Arco, empty
24 - Arco, empty
84 - Caelum cap, 6 units, High Seraphs, Skinu the Great Sage, 25 PD
98 - Caelum fort, 5 units, High Seraphs, 2 Mammoths, 2 PD
114 - Caelum, empty, 2 PD

edit: Finalized Moves and Attacks
27 (Arco)
46 (Arco) - just a scout
118 & 109 -> 102 (Marig) - defense vs Jotunheim, total 58 xbows, 10 Heavy Infantry Chaff, 20 PD
91 & 66 -> 78 (Marig) - defense of fort under construction vs Machaka, total 40 xbows, 25 Royal Guard, 20 PD. Fortunately only 1 of Machaka's armies is in range this turn, next turn I'll have reinforcements from my cap.

Plus various reinforcement moves.

I'll likely teleport some Grand Masters into the defensive battles. Casting Raging Hearts on Arco's cap.

Last edited by TheDemon on Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Turn 13 Thread - we post these for a reason Empty ...

Post  namad Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:00 pm

shinyuma in 180 the army only has 160troops not 250 but.... about 73of them are the super giant slaying samarui and he has two of his powerful battle casters with the group (they used rust mist against my pd if that says anything about their research)

pangaea is massing a hundred or two hundred total crap chaff units on my border ... it looks like i will have to hole up inside 267 this turn and hope shinyuma attacks me there instead of marching on my capital

additionally i cannot forge a dwarf hammer because i did not get any earth gems for it but at least i can start that 2nd temple this turn even if i am missing recruitment of one sage and three sacreds to do it

maybe i should just meet shinyuma in 284 and get things overwith 31sacred giants and 1partially equipped sc and 1divine blessing caster against his 2powerful battlecasters and his 73 giant slaying heavy infantry and his 80-100or so chaff additionally he could have as much as another 50-70chaff stealthed but i doubt he does... as those stealthy units stink

Turn 13 Thread - we post these for a reason Shinyu10

namad

Back to top Go down

Turn 13 Thread - we post these for a reason Empty Re: Turn 13 Thread - we post these for a reason

Post  lingchih Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:07 pm

https://i.servimg.com/u/f86/13/76/96/87/ermor_18.jpg

Two flame strikes on the cap this turn killed 14 units.

Pythium attacked my cap while I was patrolling. He lost 57 units to my 15, and all his remaining elites. He appears to have 90 troops with his prophet in Grey Mirks, and 60 more coming in behind them.

C'tis attacked in Gwelledun, and lost 50 units to my 20 PD (mostly runners). They have about 100 units next to my cap now, and over 200 following a prov behind.

I may patrol the cap again... not sure though. I'll have to do some battle sims. I'm not sure which one will attack the cap next, though both have sufficient siege forces to bring down the walls.

Hopefully they will get into a fight over my cap Smile

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Turn 13 Thread - we post these for a reason Empty Re: Turn 13 Thread - we post these for a reason

Post  atul Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:13 pm

TheDemon wrote:
As you can see Jotunheim is apparently going all-out against me, with basically indep troops and his Titan (in 81). Arco had 0 PD in his provs, and his cap has a Titan pretender in it.

Hmh, sorry about not killing Jotun in time, it seems he decided life isn't worth it anymore.

And, Arco has a Titan? Man he's put a lot of points into that, given that it was awake and had 20+ research from the get-go.

I repelled Arco's army, 13 of 18 elephants killed. I'm moving against him now, although he's got replacements I think I can push him back. If not destroy his army at least make it not viable for him to continue.

Caelum attacked me with a score of Mammoths and some wingless led by 3 High Seraphs on "storm - storm power - thunderstrike" routine. Now they're next to Jotunheim capital, so it's either few Seeking Arrows to stop them where they stand or hope he isn't reinforcing them with anything that flies next turn.

I'm pushing a bit with my forces at 59 if Jotunheim is attacking Marignon, they shouldn't clash with you TheDemon. I hope.

Attacks:
71 (Jotunheim)
65 (Jotunheim)
42 (independent)
14 (Arco)

I'm reinforcing too the troops at Jotunheim capital in anticipation of the coming battle with Caelum. Also it would seem Caelum's bound to attack Gaieta 49 with his troops at Greenwoods 58. Mostly independent archers, can't do a lot to it at the moment but pushing up PD just to ensure it doesn't go down too fast.

Turn 13 Thread - we post these for a reason Kuva_115

atul

Back to top Go down

Turn 13 Thread - we post these for a reason Empty thoughts?

Post  namad Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:55 pm

my flying adon can attack 359? he is pr100 so he should do decently against c'tis? .... one would hope? what are people's thoughts on this matter? his flaw is that he has encumberance5 and reinvig4 and 30-40fatigue worth of buffs... he couldn't really handle more than what? 100-200troops and if c'tis combines forces and has 300-400 he'll certainly die? thoughts?

or he could fly to 329 and then fly towards pythium... or he can just raid someone

namad

Back to top Go down

Post  lingchih Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:28 pm

Oh, btw, Pyth is buying Hydras now. He has seven in his cap, along with about 100 other troops.

And Namad, I think even your Adon would be pressed by those kinds of numbers.

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Turn 13 Thread - we post these for a reason Empty i am fairly sure my adon will die

Post  namad Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:44 pm

i am fairly sure my adon will die, yes. BUT if that army is going to 1round your fort in 2turns and you will be eliminated from the game... dying and reducing his fort wall destruction power would've been worth considering i guess... if i raid deeper into c'tis territory i won't be in position to use that unit for anything else... since the gorgon is still alive on f3 i am thinking i might have to try raiding pan instead... get on irc sometime ... thedemon's been helping me make my tactical decisions on irc a lot lately

namad

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDemon Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:25 pm

https://2img.net/h/oi29.tinypic.com/2nvcfgo.jpg

Just so I don't lose it, this was the ideal script for namad's battle. Assuming he keeps 6 sacreds and the zamzummite raiding pythium.

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Post  lingchih Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:43 pm

OK, Namad. Suicide that Adon for me, if you are willing. 359 would be the prov to hit.

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Turn 13 Thread - we post these for a reason Empty perhaps if i could setup retreatment routes and teh enemy is too stupid to cut them the adon could die multiple times

Post  namad Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:14 pm

perhaps if i could setup retreatment routes and the enemy is too stupid to cut them the adon could die multiple times a flying sc alone has a decent chance to rout before death right?

namad

Back to top Go down

Post  lingchih Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:19 pm

Ok, Adon will not be suicided. Namad and I have come up with the workings of a plan.

This turn, Prophet and Censor will patrol cap with their troops. 2 thaums and one Grand thaum will research enchantment. 5 other Grands will reanimate. Doing a full recruitment of a grand thaum and principes and glads (I still have lots of money). This should allow me to skelly spam after next turn, unless the flame strikes take out too many mages.

Just trying to hold out as long as possible. Does anyone else think it odd that the two H3 recruitable nations ended up right next to me, and made a beeline towards me?

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Post  DrPraetor Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:10 pm

I'm flying to California tomorrow and I may not have time to change and resubmit my turn, if this isn't ideal.

I'm killing Abysias raiding force - let's see how I do. If well, I take on Aby. Although at this point he could easily have Fire Storm...

Sending:
(Marignon) Shroud of the Battle Saint
(Eriu) Amulet of Antimagic x 3
(Ashdod) Boots of the Messenger x 2

Forging
(Marignon) Crystal Coin
(Ashdod) Bracers of Protection x3, Snake Ring x1
(?) Amulet of AM x 3, Frost Brand x 4

Attacking
211/Cun Aral

Turn 13 Thread - we post these for a reason TCT_13

DrPraetor

Back to top Go down

Post  Baalz Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:30 pm

Whoops, sorry Demon, I updated my turn at the last minute to attack the gorgon which had a cascade effect in some of my orders that I neglected to check against your stuff. Oops. Speaking of that, some rotten luck there, after my sidhe decided blasting harpies was more fun than gorgons (twice) while the largish aoe avoided her, my shocking grasp missed (14 attack vs 12 defense), both sidhe routed in the face of the fear aura + tune of fear *and* then she killed them both in a single improbable turn of melee. Gah, sometimes those dice rolls are really out to get you.

Bandar continues to fold, Ulm to cut into me. Attacking 114, 219, 177 & 94

Baalz

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDemon Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:35 pm

It wouldn't be a team game without at least one disasterous friendly fire incident.

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Post  atul Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:27 am

Been thinking.

My SC pretender just awoke. He can Cloud Trapeze around, and it would seem neither of Ermor's opponents have any big anti-SC cannons in. So my pretender could probably come and kill one of those big armies. He needs to retreat right after thanks to dominion penalties, but as an one-shot it could work.

I'll need items for that, though. Reinvigoration and MR items at least, could use Regeneration and Luck too. He'd be using Breath of Winter + innate Chill aura for killing, mostly. Oh, and something (shield and brand) for a Vanjarl who's going to take a province next to him for escape.

It would be risky since he'd be out of dominion and all, but might be doable and would give Ermor some relief. Opinions?

atul

Back to top Go down

Turn 13 Thread - we post these for a reason Empty ...

Post  namad Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:29 am

Turn 13 Thread - we post these for a reason Th_44785_ashdodturn_122_534lo

no reason to describe my plans since the turn already hosted... but i uploaded this screenshot earlier and might as well include it

namad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down