Team Vet HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Turn 17. Carnage. Ermor Lives!!!

+2
lingchih
namad
6 posters

Go down

Turn 17.  Carnage.  Ermor Lives!!! Empty Turn 17. Carnage. Ermor Lives!!!

Post  namad Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:30 pm

i won several battles...
massive carnage on both sides here...(in the only battle where i took loses and the only big one out of the 8or so fought)

Turn 17.  Carnage.  Ermor Lives!!! Turn1710

the commanders I lost were my prophet/basic commander and a 200gold mage

one living unit lost his armor... the other dead units died due to rust mist...

but hey he lost a ton of units... and in another province i killed 10more of his elite infantry and I defeat pangaea in 3provinces all in one turn despite the carnage he is still listed as having 180troops in the adjacent province so it looks like for this turn at least i'll have to back off and give more ground! (well if atul were to slay pythium's army i could use my capital forces to reinforce the shinyuma front with no concern and probably hold my ground)

shall i send this dwarf hammer to drp this turn?

i should be able to finish conj3 this turn for summon earthpower

I didn't send the snake ring to atul last turn because I wasn't sure if he wanted it... but now I see that teleporting the father of winters in to fight pythium in 329 or other .. is probably going to require a snake ring? there are 7hydras right now in province 340... although with ermor still alive maybe those hydras will be moving to 354 not 329... with ermor still alive I definitely would like to see some friendly support come in and assist against pythium... I am going to need to know when that will be though and what items atul may or may not still need that I can provide (either forge or resend out from what i've been given)? Perhaps the father of winters already has a full compliment of items?

this is what is in province 329
Turn 17.  Carnage.  Ermor Lives!!! 32910

this is what is in province 340
Turn 17.  Carnage.  Ermor Lives!!! 34010

Last edited by namad on Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:14 am; edited 4 times in total

namad

Back to top Go down

Turn 17.  Carnage.  Ermor Lives!!! Empty Re: Turn 17. Carnage. Ermor Lives!!!

Post  lingchih Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:28 am

Yes, Ermor lives. Won the battle in my cap , and all the C'tis forces were cut off from retreat. So, he lost about a dozen mages and priests. He did leave one set to siege my cap though.

I should take them out this turn. Need some money to rebuild a lab though. I had thought I was done, and destroyed my lab.

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDemon Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:33 am

Pic. Click for the full size:
Turn 17.  Carnage.  Ermor Lives!!! 2u59pid

Machaka ran, and Arco did not move (?). So I am able to move next door to the Arco cap unhindered with this turn's orders.

Being raided by Ulm, and an Abysia army appeared on the northern border. Also have a small Caelum and a large Jotunheim army in the East, but they're a ways away from anything important. I do have the option of gatewaying to 102 with some large forces, but I don't see how it would help me this turn.

Intel:
84 - Caelum cap, 20 units, High Seraphs and Storm Guards, 3 Mammoths, Skinu the Great Sage, 25 PD, 65 unrest from spy incite uprising and 100% tax rate. Moving out though as he has patrollers now.
104 - Caelum freshly conquered, 13 Blizzard Warriors, 1 High Seraph
112 - Caelum freshly conquered, 10 Mammoths
98 - Caelum fort, 10 units, High Seraphs and Mammoths, 0 PD
136 - Abysia freshly conquered, 27 Abysian Infantries (flail variant), 27 Bear Tribe Warriors, Prophet
118 - Ulm freshly conquered, 21 Barbarians, 10 Light Infantry, 12 Archers, 2 Commanders
81 - Jotunheim fort, 100 units, Lion Tribe Archers, Light Infantries, Vaettis, a huge Jotun Gode (note no Titan)
93 - Machaka, 1 PD
74 - Machaka, 190 units, Spider Riders, Machaka Militias, Machaka Hoplites, Machaka Archers, 4 Great Spiders, Black Sorcerers, 5 PD
80 - Machaka fort, 40 units, Machaka Militias and Light Infantries, 1 Spider Lord, 1 PD
70 - Machaka fort, 10 units, Sorcerers and Machaka Hoplites,
41 - Arco fort under Marignon scout siege
31 - Arco, 1 PD
43 - Arco, 30 units, Slingers and Elephants, 0 PD
27 - Arco, 50 units, Peltasts, Cardaces, Hypasists, Elephants, 20 PD

Attacks:
33 (Arco)
91 (Machaka)
43 (Arco)

Also, requesting a Brand and Rainbow Armor be forged by DrP and Horror Helm and Luck Pendant by namad, if possible. I personally prefer Frost Brand over Fire Brand.

Its possible to drop the harbinger on the Gorgon the turn it has gear, but I will need the following additional gear: Amulet of Antimagic, Frost Brand over Fire Brand, Dragon Helm, Snake Ring, Lucky Coin over Luck Pendant. That's pretty damn expensive to kill one gorgon in my opinion (I've tested it and it works about 9/10 times). I think we would be better off with another attempt from someone who has recruitable thugs, but I can give it a go with the harbinger if you guys think its necessary.

Last edited by TheDemon on Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:27 am; edited 11 times in total

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Post  lingchih Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:19 am

Ermor Screenshot:
https://i.servimg.com/u/f86/13/76/96/87/ermor_22.jpg

Should take back the cap this turn.

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Post  atul Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:05 am

At work so can't look at turn yet. But, assuming no catastrophes, if you want me to drop my pretender somewhere up north I want full intel. Turn files with army to be attacked on tactical, preferably.

But, more when I get home. Yay Ermor!

atul

Back to top Go down

Post  Baalz Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:01 am

I am being attacked by Ulm, Caelum, Abysia & Bandar. Situation is more dire than score graphs imply as half my province count is gains from raiding which can't possibly be held more than a couple turns. I'm kinda crippled by lack of items, haven't received a shield in quite some time and am leaning heavily on my opponent's lack of experience or my raiding would likely be stopped. Not so much complaining as I know there are strong resource constraints, just pointing out there's only so much I can accomplish with "naked" Sidhe.

The really frustrating thing about Ulm is I don't get the impression he's being brilliant, all he's done is recruit the best unit from his capital and whatever chaff he finds in indie provinces - I even apparently overestimated how much he'd deployed guardians around to counter my raiding (I now think he just had several scattered around from a failed attack at some point where they routed). Guess it's maybe a bit sour grapes but my impression is total newb move....which just happens to be extremely hard for the build I'm playing to counter. He's got guardians plus a hodgepodge of barbarians, tribal archers, lizard warriors, tribal cavalries, etc. leveraged through his Ulmish production scales so there's a bunch of the crap, while the sheer random smattering of guardians sprinkled around almost completely shuts down my main capability to counterattack (even moderate Ulmish PD + 2-3 guardians seems almost impossible for me to conquer without focusing many mages...my other option is medium infantry vs Ulmish with me having sloth-3 scales). The guardians immediately kill my thugs regardless of how they're equipped while the swarms of crap are copious enough that lightning evocations are only effective if I essentially mass all my mages in one province - while he just attacks everything along our border. I tried using slingers in an attempt to damage all the crap, but he's got enough guardians placed in the front that they were pretty ineffective. Suggestions welcome. Magic shields even moreso.

Baalz

Back to top Go down

Post  atul Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:23 am

I'll research Const now, I'll be able to start churning out Shields of Gleaning Gold (or whatever) in two turns.

Interim, what I can do is trapeze my pretender onto some army. 329 would look promising as it doesn't have any dominion at the moment, but on the other hand it has heat2 scale diminishing Breath of Winter to almost nil. But, it's again the case of the loudest screamers getting the most attention, so would that one-shot wonder be of more use near Baalz's lands?

My situation is relatively stable now that an indy commander routed 10 leaderless Mammoths into oblivion, so I would like to know what I can do to help. Obviously naked Vanjarls are about as effective as naked Sidhe Lords, so my hands are a bit tied too. I'd need a province to build a castle to in someone's backyard or something...

Edit: got a gold event so sending 500 to Ling for his new laboratory unless yelled at.

atul

Back to top Go down

Post  DrPraetor Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:37 am

I have the research I need to fight and a bunch of gems from events and such, so I can make a whole bunch of items for Baalz/Eriu this turn. What do you need?

I could also send an army/communion west to fight those Ulm forces but would rather concentrate on Abysia/Pangaea/Agartha.

The Gorgon is in province 268, with no troops. 50 points of Cold Vuln? I could probably kill her with cold magic, given proper research/equipment.

Does Ashdod have teleport yet? I could make another crystal coin....

Anyway, I'll make a bunch of AM items and a bunch of shields for Eriu unless given other forge-bitch instructions. Present reserves are 8F, 22A, 36W, 16E, 16S, 40N

I have 212 gold left over, which I will send to Ermor unless someone else needs it more.

DrPraetor

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDemon Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:44 pm

Make whatever you need for Baalz, but I would like a Frost Brand and Rainbow Armor if you have spare mage-time.

As for Ulm, if it were me in an FFA game, I'd take all your tuatha, script them for lightning, and sit them on his cap until he ran out of guardians elsewhere. Do you have stormpower/storm? Sidhe are competent lightning spammers under a storm, can be used naked in that way. A screenshot would really help evaluate your situation as well, or your .trn file (my email is exferior@gmail.com)

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Post  atul Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:54 pm

So the report.

Caelum has been driven from my lands now. Abysia landed on my coast but his shamblers got killed. He got the province he attacked but it contains only few ichytoids now. Sailing in on those. Jotunheim's capital's walls just won't break down, he also moved his pretender out from sage harbour, guy has that poison cloud stick, snake ring and horned helmet, scripted mistform - ironskin - fly - attack. I'll try to ambush him with 30 x-bows on fire and flee in case he comes closer to my lands, not much else I'm currently doing.

Pic:
Turn 17.  Carnage.  Ermor Lives!!! Kuva_119

Namad, if you want me to attack Muspel 329, I want 320 as a retreat province too. It seems everything to north is too crowded.

I wouldn't worry too much about hydras, the main thing about army in 340 is those lizard cavalries with poison bite and lance. If he combines his armies the hydras will just poison everyone, if he doesn't I'd believe my pretender is pretty immune to infantry.

In near future, depending on how things go up north, I might be gateway'ing lots of troops near Ermor/Ashdod. At least I hope. But I'll need that foothold there for that. AAAND.. about 3 turns of research.

atul

Back to top Go down

Turn 17.  Carnage.  Ermor Lives!!! Empty if we are to make suggestions, and send aid to eriu.... we are going to need screenshots and/or more detailed intelligence/discussion/requests

Post  namad Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:31 pm

to baalz:

If we are to make suggestions, and send aid to eriu, we are going to need screenshots and/or more detailed intelligence/discussion/requests

If you'd like you could forward me your .trn files and I will make detailed screenshots of your situation for everyone to see?

bouya.daman@gmail.com

to atul:

unless you can forge items drp can't forge(which maybe you can) theres little reason to waste the rp... unless you can't think of any other research goals...

in the north you can have whatever provinces you want... i want to utilize our best units to the best of our abilities and the 200-280pythium units in that region are probably the strongest enemy army in one single location i've seen in any screenshots so far (especially since there are some elite units and over a dozen commanders)... i do worry it might be TOO strong an army for your pretender though... and losing your pretender would be heartbreaking... you could try teleporting in north of pythium's forces where it is colder? he's bound to turn around anyways?

to drp:

I think baalz wanted shields and brands and most of all shields so the am ammy's might be best to wait and see what people say? so... several vine shields? or... are shields of gleaming gold perfered?

to thedemon:

each raging hearts is 2brands or 2shields eh? maybe the spell isn't that great? the noobs have so many capitals we can't really control them the way they could control ours? maybe i'm wrong?

As far as teleport goes at the end of this turn I will have conj3ench1alt4thau0 but I will begin researching thau... I sortof thought crystal coins were const6 and that I didn't need thau until drp hit const6... oopppsie my bad.. I'll get right on it.... this has me teleporting to kill the gorgon on turn20.

since someone else is sending ermor the gold for his lab I am going to recruit more slingers to use to try knocking down Pangaea fort walls even fasterer

namad

Back to top Go down

Post  atul Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:38 pm

I'm not seeing much in that Pythium army that would actually hurt my pretender, as at least in your battle I saw he didn't have any magic flying around. He probably has Lightning researched.

The problem might/will be the amount of troops. My pretender might autorout, but all that does is take him to the province Pythium is probably moving into with his troops. Serpent Cataphrats and Hydras might be a problem, but hey, if my pretender kicks the bucket I've got a load of H2s to Call God. He can still Cloud Trapeze after one death.

What I need Ashdod to do, is to set everyone on that swamo province to retreat. Commander isn't enough as there is PD in that province. I'm coming in with my prophet in hopes of getting my own dominion there fast. With friendly dominion I might be able to hold enough for a fort and/or troop gateway.

I'll be needing leadership items and crystal coins for gateway, all of those I can forge myself with research, so I think I try to cut some slack to DrP's item quota. What I can forge that he probably can't are the high air items.

But, namad, a confirmation everyone's retreating in 320?

atul

Back to top Go down

Turn 17.  Carnage.  Ermor Lives!!! Empty you have my .trn...

Post  namad Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:29 am

you have my .trn and in it those units have already been scripted to retreat on a previous turn so yes even if i staled they'd retreat out of 320

as far as magic goes we know he has teleport and magic duel and a decent number of rp's so... i'd be worried about paralyze spam or stellar cascades? (oh i think he's used some solar rays against ermor earlier?)

pythium is probably the most experienced player on the noob team if you just look at his forum history or somesuch.... you could always teleport in further north nearer the capital and benefit more from cold dominion... but...320 does make quite a safe location for your naked van to teleport...as theres almost no way for any enemies to be in that province during the magical battle phase.... if your pretender did route and then pythium moved south the pretender would get to fight the same army twice which might be beneficial or it might not be

namad

Back to top Go down

Post  Baalz Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:16 am

Yes, I most need shields of gold or vine shields. I've got 3 frost brands in my lab waiting on matching shields...I can use shields with no brands, but brands with no shields are very iffy. I've also got a bunch of MR amulets that I haven't have a need to use yet, haven't made a second attempt on the gorgon and not fighting any mages.

@TheDemon - Reasonable suggestion, but several problems with your suggestion from the specific position I'm at now. 1) There's no way I can possibly cloud trapeze enough mages there due to lack of air gems, and it would take me *many* turns to sneak everything I have at my capital right now over. 2) He's threatening my capital, if I took all my mages over to his, he'd just take mine. 3) Just look at his army graph...just what I have scouted reports 300+ troops within two turns of his own capital, plus production 3 scales and at least one castle close by. I do have Storm, and am I'm about 6 turns from wrathful skies if I push for it, but I don't think that's going to be sufficient by itself. At any rate, massed lighting spam *is* what I'm going with, but I can only put critical mass in one province at a time at the moment...and he ignored my capital this turn to attack 5 other provinces. The problem is he's got so much crap spread all over the place, even if I bait him into stumbling into my mages losing one of his armies isn't a serious loss. It's like fighting the AI...which is what makes steadily loosing so very annoying.

Baalz

Back to top Go down

Post  atul Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:24 pm

Okay, here we go. Wish me luck.

Attacking:
329 (Pythium)
320 (Ashdod)
65 (Jotunheim)
49 (Caelum)
24 (Arcoscephale)
17 (Abysia)

Defending in several directions, still sieging Jotunheim fort.

Pretender's on Air Shield - Summon Earth Power - Stoneskin - Quickness - Breath of Winter - attack archers, so he might be vulnerable to lightning but what can you do, I need to inflict enough casualties to rout those near 200 guys in 50 rounds. Well at least I'll get take two too. Projected MR is 25, Def about the same, Fatique should be at or near zero, he's got brand for AoE attack, Luck, Awe and Fear too. Hope I didn't forget anything.

atul

Back to top Go down

Turn 17.  Carnage.  Ermor Lives!!! Empty Eriu details

Post  namad Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:34 pm

Eriu details

We need to start communicating better as a team. We really need to make sure not to make anymore antimagic amulets.

Eriu controls about 7provinces within it's own domain all of the other provinces are extremely distant raiding and pillaging provinces that cannot possibly be held. These distant raiding provinces contain: 4sidhe and 2tuatha 3of which have some gear. Due to a lack of shields that seems to be all baalz has managed to equip. We need to focus heavily on shields for this turn and if anyone needs antimagic amulets they should be getting them from baalz not drp. Ideally I'd say baalz should have 3-4 shields forged for him this turn to try turning his fate. Eriu is trying to wage his wars with thugs so gear selection is pretty key to eriu's success.

All of these screenshots are from the beginning of turn17 before any orders were performed.

Turn 17.  Carnage.  Ermor Lives!!! Eriutu10

Turn 17.  Carnage.  Ermor Lives!!! Eriu1710

clicking the second screenshot expands it for slightly more information

namad

Back to top Go down

Post  namad Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:46 pm

golem range is going to have 21sacred giants 4naked battlemagebuffers and 2sc grade adons this is going to become my push/army against shinyuma...

if i don't take loses in battles starvation will become an issue after this turn i might split the army in half but no one is starving this turn so no one will pickup diseases next turn

i am attempting to take 281 it should take me ~3-4turns provided the gorgon doesn't attempt to slay my slingers

rp is reduced due to use of mages in battle hopefully i can still manage to have teleport in 3turns of research (including this one)

Turn 17.  Carnage.  Ermor Lives!!! Ashdod25

namad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down