Turn 18. Arco must die! J/K

Go down

Turn 18. Arco must die! J/K

Post  namad on Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:28 pm

Arco must die! J/k

I get hit by 3mind duelers, I lose 2astral mages, they lose 1astral mages (each of their mages is carrying 5gems for some reason)... (they got returning off twice)

now since arco is dying anyways... him losing a ton of his mages isn't a big deal... constantly losing my mages everywhere I go is pretty annoying... also the gorgon is back next to my capital sapping my resources... same stats...same gear... same script

All told I've lost 3astral mages and they've lost ~4 (arco is smart enough to get off returning... pythium is not... perhaps pythium doesn't have it researched or is just dumb?) and they've spent ~40gems to do it.. additionally my large armies did not engage shinyuma and did not engage pangaea (I predicted the enemy might attack specific provinces and the enemy didn't do so)

sending marignon snake ring, luck pendant, horror helm this turn.

forging a dwarf hammer this turn (could forge another next turn if i get 6earth gems this turn, otherwise couldn't).
14 water gems found via luck sending them to tein chi.
finishing conj3 and thau2 this turn (unless i change my movements/etc then i come up slightly short of this should still finish thau3 after turn19 though)

lingchih do you have a scout in 321? i know you probably don't but it would be nice to know what's there before i assault 302.

are gate cleavers const6?

any ideas on how to kill the temple in farseer mountains? if i were to attack via normal movement... those nearby large armies would almost certainly move to block the attempt... would a single arouse hunger be enough to take over the province though? probably not? all orders in this screenshot are tenative

namad

Back to top Go down

Re: Turn 18. Arco must die! J/K

Post  DrPraetor on Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:12 pm

(sending)
to Eriu: Vine Shield x 4, Shield of Gleaming Gold, Frost Brand x 2
to Marignon: Amulet of AM
to Ashdod: Crystal Coin

namad - use that crystal coin to teleport S dudes around. Get teleport researched if you don't have it.

Marignon needs items - did I make and send those already or not? I keep forgetting Sad
If not, what does Marignon need?

Current Stockpiles:
6F, 29A, 30W, 16E, 38S, 4N

DrPraetor

Back to top Go down

Post  namad on Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:29 pm

Frost brand and rainbow armor is what marignon wanted. I think he might be summoning the harbringer this turn? He can speak for himself but I've checked the thread for turn17 and he requested a frost brand and rainbow armor and claims to have sent the gems for them.

Glad you got the message about what eriu needed hopefully getting him 5new sets of weapon/shield will help him out a little.

I need this turn and next turn to research thau3(teleport), on turn 20 I should be able to cast it. My first target will be the gorgon... also perhaps my only target because if I use astral scs they will just get mind dueled into oblivion... i'm still fairly hopefully the gorgon will get himself killed before turn20, but if he doesn't I should be able to handle him.

Also don't forget you have a dwarf hammer now. (Maybe send me 6earth gems so I can make another next turn? I'm making one this turn already though) My own income is 3e and it takes 9e for me to make a dwarf hammer.

namad

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDemon on Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:10 am

Frost Brand and Rainbow Armor was what I wanted, yup.

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDemon on Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:18 am

Machaka/Arco Front. Machaka moved in through Arco's provs, but I avoided contact for now. Should I risk the cap? The main question is will Machaka attack the Arco cap, or will he count on Arco defending it personally? And what moves, exactly, will the two of them make?

Jotunheim/Caelum/Ulm Front. Pretty calm here. I'm going to send a raiding force through Ulm territory.

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Post  atul on Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:24 pm

Father of Winters killed about 130 Pythium troops in two battles. Got hit by many horror marks, but guess that's inevitable. No other complications, I'm building a lab at 320 and retreating my pretender there. Depending on Pythium's next actions, he might redo this turn's trick or appear somewhere else. Pyth has quite a lot of troops up north.

Damn Jotunheim castle walls still stand, he's making rounds with his pretender-backed army to gain some resources for his new fort. Abysia took another coastal province while I retook the one he claimed last turn. Caelum Seeking Arrowed the single commander sent to attack him, on the other hand the target province has some Mammoths once again so he just saved some of my troops. Took empty Arco province 24 too, do you mind TheDemon if I continue on the coast?

Astral Windowing Jotun cap (want to know what's costing), teleporting few mages around for mammoth-stopping, taking back coast from Abysia and 77 from Jotunheim. Uninspired turn this time.

atul

Back to top Go down

Post  lingchih on Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:57 pm

Took my cap back and killed a little 40 man Pyth army that was trying to re-siege it. Re-building the lab now (thanks for the money guys).

And yes, I have a scout in 321. No units, 10 PD in there. 160 man Pyth army directly south of me will probably be the next siegers. They have four hydras with them... always a bad idea running hydras with regular troops. Hope he kills himself with them.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f86/13/76/96/87/ermor_23.jpg

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Post  DrPraetor on Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:26 pm

Forging:
(for Marignon) Rainbow Armour, Frost Brand
(for Eriu) Shield of Gleaming Gold

Are other shields suitable for Eriu? I have no idea. I'm out of fire and nature gems.

DrPraetor

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDemon on Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:49 am

atul, by all means, please continue along the coast

My attacks this turn:
93 (Machaka)
37 (Arco cap)
27 (Arco)

This was a hard one to decide, but I want to put my armies in a position to combine. If Arco patrols, it'll be a big battle, but I should win, with casualties. If Arco doesn't patrol, and Machaka attacks the cap, I'll be facing the weaker of his armies, and a starving one at that, and I'll definitely win. If Arco doesn't patrol, and Machaka attacks into me, I'll move onto the cap without resistance, and will be able to reinforce my army next turn. The worst-case is if Arco moves into 27, and Machaka attacks into me. I'll take the cap without resistance, but my weaker army might get killed or take severe casualties, and my stronger army will be cut off. But Arco won't give up his cap without a fight.

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

atul did you want me to make the crown of command or can you make one yourself?

Post  namad on Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:17 am

atul did you want me to make the crown of command or can you make one yourself?

namad

Back to top Go down

Post  atul on Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:03 am

I should be able to forge it myself the next turn. That's also the turn I'm researching gateway.

Does anyone remember how much different leadership items boost leadership? Crown of command is one, then there's a sceptre of authority or something that I can forge too.

Attacking 16 (Arco), 30 (Aby), 40 (Caelum), 49 (Caelum) and 77 (Jotunheim) just for the kicks after all.

atul

Back to top Go down

hrmm

Post  namad on Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:16 pm

maybe it would be possible to attack the hydra army... holdx5orx4 in the rear corner and then retreat/returning... thereby hoping the pythium infantry and hydra poison cloud meet up on their trajectory to the unit? bad idea? good idea?

namad

Back to top Go down

..probably too late to mention this

Post  namad on Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:44 pm

seeing as you listed 30w gems... I'd like to request you make at least 3or4 more brands and that i get at least 1

if a brand would be forged for me this turn(and sent next) I could use it on turn 20 to try to attack the gorgon... otherwise I have to retreat a different brand back to a lab to use (which isn't really a problem or anything) then again it might be best to use a firebrand for that job... either way lets get more brands if not for me then at least for eriu.

namad

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDemon on Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:19 pm

The crown is +50 and +25 magic ldr. The scepter and the whip are +25.

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

to atul

Post  namad on Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:29 pm

to atul:

province 320 has been site searched for 3death 1earth 1holy (in case you keep it a long time and feel the need to do more searching)

namad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum