Team Vet HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Turn 19. Can anyone spare a brand? or some gold?

5 posters

Go down

Turn 19.  Can anyone spare a brand? or some gold? Empty Turn 19. Can anyone spare a brand? or some gold?

Post  namad Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:26 pm

Last turn there was not much combat for me. 70dead shinyuma infantry 1dead shinyuma mage 4dead giant troops 0armors broken for me (however one was a badly afflicted decoy) a good trade all in all (I also lost two battles with ghouls but the ghouls have managed to claim a couple hundred gold so it's been good)

Now for next turn:

Can anyone spare a brand? or some gold?

I have ~100gold left after recruiting 1adon, 1zamzumite, 1sage, only 1troop, 1indiescout.

In province 285 the drain is -2rp from my magic scale+1. Thats a research hub too. Perhaps I should cancel 1sage and 1troop and build a temple there?

I lost one of my gold mines this turn to indie random attack (the event wasn't listed and neither did I get to watch the battle but all I lost was like 0-3millitia+autorout) but the loss of income is really bad... additionally ehud can't reclaim the province because he has to go to a lab to give his gear to zach.

Speaking of Ehud, he is going back to a lab to give his gear to Zach who will then teleport to the gorgons location next turn. Probably go with casting luck on round1 and resist magic on round2 and attack fliers on round 3? If the gorgon attacks on turn2 that should interrupt the script and cause me to fight back? but if not... then not? even without resist magic third eye+1+18base+antimagic amulet gives 23mr ... and of course with a good brand a giant can probably bunch straight through the gorgon (fire preferred just in case he learns invulernability this turn and also because that's the same brand ehud currently has and if no one donates me a brand that's the only choice) with a crystal coin, snake ring, and antimagic amulet i won't have room for a bracer of protection so my prot will be low... perhaps it would be better to replace the antimagic amulet with a bracer or the snake ring or both and possibly cast resist magic on round 1 (when the gorgon is known to be casting a buff)

Also in the west I shall assault a temple(unforted temples wtf?!?) of shinyuma's next turn and in the east I am continuing to siege a fort. With zach off duty as an assault leader perhaps I should break a unit off of the siege to continue reclaiming provinces.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Offers to loan me a brand for Ehud? Or some gold for a temple next turn?

Turn 19.  Can anyone spare a brand? or some gold? Turn1911

namad

Back to top Go down

Turn 19.  Can anyone spare a brand? or some gold? Empty Re: Turn 19. Can anyone spare a brand? or some gold?

Post  atul Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:58 pm

Gah Baalz plz either post where you're going to raid or check other people's posts. Though I admit, I changed my targeting between posts. But, not a big loss.

Lost one party raiding Caelum to Baalz, Abysia and I exchanged a province, Pythium attacks me with just hydras which makes this thing a bit convoluted and Jotunheim anticipated my move. Oh well.

Namad, do you have troops capable of killing an army with 7 hydras, 2 arch theurgs and few archers in your capital? I'm trying to decide whether to fight or bail, and am not too confident with my hydra-slaying capability.

atul

Back to top Go down

Turn 19.  Can anyone spare a brand? or some gold? Empty i have nothing in my capital but one or two adons could easily mop that army up if i had some more gear

Post  namad Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:02 am

I have virtually nothing in my capital(~6troops yet tons of mages) and no gold to recruit more troops there either... but I think adons will be best against hydras because they can gain pr100??) .One or two adons could easily mop that army up if I had some more gear... I am going to be using one pair of winged boots for engaging the gorgon next turn but I'll have a 2nd pair free, but no additional brand, nor 2nd snake ring (I could always have the man fighting the gorgon not wear a snake ring as the battle is likely to last max like 10 rounds hopefully. when the battle ends if you are poisoned it doesn't matter right? the damage doesn't apply as the battle is ending does it?)

Although flying into battle next turn... will probably be too slow to save you from the hydras and you will have to teleport out, and I will then be left to fend for myself? well either way if I am going to be fighting hydras I'll be needing a 2nd snake ring and a couple more brands (I gave my 2nd snake ring to thedemon recently).

maybe instead of teleporting out someone could send you a snake ring this turn? or would that be too late for you to equip it... ? is this the turn on which you have to teleport away? I was kinda hoping you could buy a little more time... but it's definitely not a good idea to get your pretender killed in a battle you don't think you can win. Especially not when there are other war fronts you could teleport to that might be more suited for your pretender's chassis.

namad

Back to top Go down

Turn 19.  Can anyone spare a brand? or some gold? Empty Re: Turn 19. Can anyone spare a brand? or some gold?

Post  lingchih Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:08 am

So, I am sieged by C'tis again. Strange, but good. I think I can take C'tis. No idea where the Pyth army went, but it is gone.

Basically just a Green Dragon to kill.

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Post  DrPraetor Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:07 pm

We're definitely suffering somewhat from a lack of coordination here.

I'm about to have a second communion army online.

Sending:
(Ashdod) 395 gp, Frost Brand x2, 11 earth gems
Make yourself some more bracers, maybe?!?! Should I make you some more?

(Eriu) Frost Brand x 2, Shield of Gleaming Gold, 20 air gems
(Marignon) Rainbow Armour, Frost Brand

I'm forging Eriu another SoGG - does anyone need anything else? Let me know.

My 1st Army is heading east towards Agartha/Pan with a battle communion.

2nd Army will be ready in a few turns, with a battle communion, heading west towards Ulm.
Turn 19.  Can anyone spare a brand? or some gold? TCT_19

DrPraetor

Back to top Go down

Post  atul Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:54 pm

Well if you could send me a shield/brand pair I think I could kill that abysian shambler army instead of chasing it through my lands. But it's small fry compared to all things going on around here so it's at the end of the queue.

Edit: Any idea how to kill that army in pic below? I won't be having poison resistance on my pretender or stuff I can send in. Got S3 mages and paralyze, or Vans with A3 and flight that I can teleport/trapeze in in addition to my pretender. Flying and targeting archers is the easy part, I'm just worried my pretender kills himself hunting retreating hydras...

Turn 19.  Can anyone spare a brand? or some gold? Kuva_122

atul

Back to top Go down

Turn 19.  Can anyone spare a brand? or some gold? Empty i'd rather you made me one or two bracers

Post  namad Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:13 pm

I'd rather you made me one or two bracers instead of giving me the earth gems. The reason I wanted earth gems was to make dwarf hammers which requires 9earth gems per turn. Atul offered to send me 9 earth gems this turn though which satisfies that desire for next turn and the one after it.

Like I said I am going to need that 2nd snake ring if atul abandons his position defending me (but maybe drp can simply return the ring I gave him)... perhaps as a team though we should have a 3rd snake ring just in case hydras become problematic? I've been thinking about it and sending one geared astral adon at the gorgon actually has some chance of failure... largely dependent on what other entities are found in the province (flying pd is annoying for scs who want a buff or 2)

If atul cannot think of a safe way to kill hydras.... I am in less danger of dying than ermor, or eriu... even if my capital were sieged by hydras... so maybe he should assist either of them?

namad

Back to top Go down

Post  lingchih Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:09 pm

Probably a bad idea to send anything without 100 PR against those hydras. They take a long time to kill, and the poison damage adds up, even if you have good regen. An SC with 100 PR could take them easily though, though it still takes a while to kill them. A load of slingers is great for knocking off their heads, while some PR thugs hold them up, but I guess that is not possible. I think it is 6 hp per head, until the last one, which has 36 hp. So 78 hp total. I may be thinking of the Sacred ones, but I think these are the same except without the sacred tag.

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Post  lingchih Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:21 pm

Oh, and sent 250 gold to Ashdod. I don't need it, lab is rebuilt, and I am under siege again.

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDemon Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:41 pm

So I lost one battle in the East, which thanks to the heroic exploits of my Grand Master Malpruse (RIP) was a lot less painful than it could have been. Arco deployed a pretty nasty reverse communion, with masters with bows and slaves casting Gifts from Heaven, Fireball, and Prison of Fire with reinvig from earthpower etc. A seeking arrow barrage would be the best way to disrupt it I think, or other assasination spells, but we don't have many gems available. Failing that, I can disrupt his precision using Mist while boosting mine using Wind Guide and devastating his army using a teleported in Flaming Arrows to avoid magic duel. It'll be a costly fight.

Here's the pic:
Turn 19.  Can anyone spare a brand? or some gold? 2iub1o8

I'm hoping the noobs are going to be short on air gems soon because if my commanders get hit by another seeking arrow barrage it would cost me dearly. I've added three decoys to the most at risk army but they're no guarantee. Machaka's big army is starving pretty badly and it'll be diseases time if it keeps up (no supply items).

On the other front I killed Ulm's raiding force to a man and am going to go counter-raiding.

Attacks:
118 (Ulm)
107 (Machaka)

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Post  atul Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:26 am

As I'm lacking in poison res and probably won't be going against the hydras right now, does anyone have any good targets? Or, I can bail out this turn only to return on next if someone can send me a snake ring. Without good targets I'm just going to drop on Jotun pretender or something.

I'm still debating between going all-out against Caelum's lands or just sitting on Jotunheim fort. Both have their advantages. Jotunheim has over 100 units, vaettir, some giant javeliners, some hawks, so the fort walls aren't coming down too soon. Taking on Caelum would mean the raiding for territory as he has fliers and at least the capital's defence value is like 750.

atul

Back to top Go down

Turn 19.  Can anyone spare a brand? or some gold? Empty looks like someone offered to play shinyuma for this turn so.. no delay... soo... i guess i needa know what to do pretty soon...

Post  namad Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:12 am

looks like someone offered to play shinyuma for this turn so.. no delay... soo... i guess i needa know what to do pretty soon...

i guess unless I hear otherwise I will assume atul will continue to attempt guarding my northern flank...

and i'll plan to attack the gorgon next turn provided it is off raiding and not with a giant army... i'll probably need a little luck to win with the single partway geared adon but I can't really think of a better plan because I won't have the gear for a 2nd unit (tamari elder.... tamari elder's don't have standard default shield/armor and are slightly weaker overall which makes them harder to equip...yet it's the only other unit which i would have that could pull the teleportation off)

namad

Back to top Go down

Post  atul Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:10 am

I'm getting the equipment off TheDemon, so I'll guard your south.

I'd like to start going against Caelum but don't dare if I don't know where Baalz takes that sidhe lord of his. Baalz? I'd be attacking 40 and 58 if you won't object.

atul

Back to top Go down

Post  namad Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:37 pm

Turn 19.  Can anyone spare a brand? or some gold? Turn1912

as i previously thought...finishing thau3 this turn forging a luck pendant and a horror helm.. preparing for some battles... sending a dhammer to drp and a snake ring to atul and a few misc gems to drp

planning to allow atul to fight the hydras in the ermor-ish area.. if this falls through i can give up some ground and wait for snake rings to come back to me...

hopefully i will destory a temple this turn... and maybe next turn kill the gorgon and steal a pangaea fort... of course... plans could always go awry

oh and i'm deploying a small army in the east because I think it can get a lot down against pangaea and only a little down elsewhere... if i hadn't already gotten half of this fort's defense value down.... i'd probably just abandon the plan... in the future i'll have to try to be more aggressive and less concerned with forts on the pangaea front... raiding should become a lot more feasible if i can slay the gorgon... (thats why i am finishing up thau3 this turn)

namad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum