Team Vet HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Turn 25 - I don't suppose anyone has an extra 23 Astral?

4 posters

Go down

Turn 25 - I don't suppose anyone has an extra 23 Astral? Empty Turn 25 - I don't suppose anyone has an extra 23 Astral?

Post  TheDemon Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:17 am

I'm only half-joking, because that's how much extra in donations it'll cost me to summon an Angel of Fury next turn, and those guys are bad-ass.

Mind you, no rush on that, we'd need to gear it too, and gear would have to be forged this turn, and I'm not sure we have the gem stores right now. Anyway, here's the situation, click for fullsize:

Turn 25 - I don't suppose anyone has an extra 23 Astral? 2wnmtmb

Highlighted is Jotunheim's pretender and army, which is now wielding Frost Brand, Shield of Gold, Horned Helm, Boots of the Messenger, Snake Ring, and Ring of Regen. He's scripted Mistform, Summon Earthpower, Ironskin, Flight, Mirror Image, and he's going to be a reaaaal pain in the ass to kill.

Jotunheim Pretender after buffs.

Machaka is using Arrow Fend and Flaming Arrows, which ironically are the two spells I researched for my next fight with Machaka. My fort is 50 points from breached, the plan is to wait until its breached, then gateway in 300 xbows, clog the door with prison of fire, teleport in a flaming arrows caster and go to town.

Arco routed as planned to 35 and there's now a 2-prov buffer between him and a safe retreat. I guess there are two options.
1a) Get ye to a lab. Get both my harbingers to a lab this turn, next turn hit his army with cloud trapezed harbingers, and cloud trap thugs in on his retreat prov. This is doable next turn. But it means I'd need atul to donate me an unforted lab. This option works best if he continues on the offensive.
1b) Get ye to a lab and kill a Machaka army. With both my harbingers I could break the siege on Scytha, which has a lab, but its risky since I have only a faint idea what mages and scripts the Machaka army has. I'll test this, if it's likely to work, its definitely a better option than 1a.

2) Attack Druid Land with both Harbingers. If he moves away, no effect except burying him deeper in enemy territory. If he moves into my harbingers, my theory is that movement will go in my favor since I have two incoming angles and "smaller" armies. But I will test this.

atul, if you could, forward me your .trn to exferior@gmail.com, watching the battle in Druid Land will be useful for me. Also opinions on what plan might be best?

Baalz, raiding in this corner of the map is pretty easy so long as you avoid Machaka's spiders. Just let me know what prov you're hitting with that thug so we don't have any more friendly fire incidents.

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Turn 25 - I don't suppose anyone has an extra 23 Astral? Empty pd2 caused

Post  namad Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:37 am

Damnit, pd2 caused a super unit with 57hp 35prot 0fatigue cr100 to rout from pangaea after killing 50units instead of winning the battle and sieging 285 like might've happened had the battle occured in 285...

My unit which teleported in hoping to make the hydras kill some of his own men died due to parayzle despite having 22mr when he got paralyzed. (the hydras were more isolated and killed no allied troops during this time)

My other two scs lived just fine and can attempt to lift the siege this turn, or attack randomly instead... i'll forward the .trn file because things sure did go poorly for me... but I should be able to lift this siege this turn, if i script properly and choose the right units to engage in the battle... which of course i might screw up...

Instead of lifting the siege I could try attacking 305 and 250? Probably best to attempt lifting the siege with 3or4 scs? and probably all the sacred giants I can muster? and also all the slingers? the problem though might be that stellar cascades he has scripted... what i really need is something like "swarm" or "raise dead" but i haven't the ability to cast either

Although I do need to try to lift the siege eventually somehow I lost 200defense points this turn, I think I underestimated pythium's armysize #

namad

Back to top Go down

Turn 25 - I don't suppose anyone has an extra 23 Astral? Empty Re: Turn 25 - I don't suppose anyone has an extra 23 Astral?

Post  atul Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:07 pm

I'm off tomorrow to my girlfriend's parents' house for the weekend, so I need to get this turn in quite early.

TheDemon wrote:I'm only half-joking, because that's how much extra in donations it'll cost me to summon an Angel of Fury next turn, and those guys are bad-ass.

atul, if you could, forward me your .trn to exferior@gmail.com, watching the battle in Druid Land will be useful for me. Also opinions on what plan might be best?
I've got astral, should I send how much to you? Unless Micah talks me over into teleport-attacks, I've got 20 or so to spare.

Caelum staled, and I'm now trying to siege all his forts. Probably will try to trapeze a thug onto capital before moving troops in, just to get past lots of thunderstrike spam.

Jotun pretender looks iffy, however with that attack skill he's never going to hit my pretender. So I was thinking probably try to attack him when my pretender awakens? (Next turn or so)

As to Arco's army, I don't know. My only lab in the range is in 38, and that has 150 RPs worth of researchers. If Arco moves back your angels get pushed, if he moves against me he'll go to Gipha (39). Still not in range of anything too valuable this turn.

EDIT: TheDemon, where should I raid with my thugs near Arco? Along the coast? Or retreat?

Turn 25 - I don't suppose anyone has an extra 23 Astral? Kuva_218

Turn 25 - I don't suppose anyone has an extra 23 Astral? Kuva_311
Not much to see up north, probably will be gatewaying troops in there too.

atul

Back to top Go down

Turn 25 - I don't suppose anyone has an extra 23 Astral? Empty Re: Turn 25 - I don't suppose anyone has an extra 23 Astral?

Post  TheDemon Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:46 pm

atul, the two swamps along the coast should be good targets. 22 has 1 PD. 18 had 1 PD last time I had a scout there, but it also had a handful of lizardmen. If you sneak to 18, you could hit 31 next turn, which has less than 20 archers and slingers and 1 PD.

Arco's been pretty anal about retaking territory that's raided out from him, so it'll be interesting to see his reaction.

As for the harbingers, I think the best plan would be breaking the siege on Scytha (I'll sim it), then teleporting ontop of wherever his army is next turn. I need the team to have 1 or 2 thugs handy for airdrop next turn in that case, to cut retreats in the magic phase.

edit: oh, one thing I forgot to mention is they're leveraging Mind Hunt pretty effectively. If you're raiding with thugs that's something to keep in mind.

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Post  atul Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:19 pm

I'll go along the coast then. And what comes to Mind Hunts, can't be helped. Though I probably switch my UW leader to astral mage. Though those too have problems... Gah.

I'll leave the Arco army to you for now. If it comes to my capital I'll have manpower to finish him, otherwise, all yours.

atul

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDemon Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:28 pm

I guess I should put up a dome, which'll cost me at least 5 astral, and I'll probably want to spend 10 or 11 total for it. I can alch some of my fire gems, but I guess I'll need more than 23 if I want the Angel of Fury. Probably something like 30 gems.

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Post  atul Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:33 pm

Sending Marignon 20 S this turn, more next.

Don't alch F gems, I could use them (for shields of gleaming gold), that's pretty much all my raiders would need.

atul

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDemon Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:00 am

DrP, from the gemlist you gave in #vets
(6:34:43 PM) DrPraetor: That leaves 2 hammers, and: 5F 17A 4W 11E 11S 12D 2N

I think it would be ideal if you could forge a Charcoal Shield and a Starshine Cap this turn. I'll send you nature gems and forge a Hydra Skin Armor next turn.

I have some equipment on-hand, so if you forge it now I can immediately equip the Angel of Fury with:
Frost Brand, Charcoal Shield, Starshine Cap, Shroud (replaced with Hydra armor ASAP), Birch Boots.
Amulet of MR and Luck Pendant I'll need forged, maybe someone else has one handy or can forge one?

As for the turn, here's my attacks:
52 (atul take note)

If someone wants to be particularilly daring with a thug, Cloud Trap/Teleport into 66. There's Machaka PD and one Spider Rider there right now, but up to a dozen Machaka Hoplites and a dozen Spider Riders could move in in the movement phase. I would say a 50-50 chance of that. If you suceed in holding the prov in the movement phase however, Machaka's army might rout without a retreat, dependent on another of his moves. I would say 50-50 chance of him making the right move as well.

I've tested against Spider Riders, medium str (14) breaks the webs easilly, but you can't rely on defense while you're trapped. Mistform and Awe and Air Shield would probably be the way to go. Also a little regen for the poison, which as far as I can tell doesn't pop mistform (was it always like that?).

Might be a waste of a thug, and it's easy for me to say take a chance, but I say go for it.

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Post  atul Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:01 am

I'm away from home already, can't make any changes. Dunno where 52 is, but my lands near Arco are empty and I'm not attacking Jotun this turn.

Can make those S items next turn if needed, sending S to Mari, E and some gold to TC.

atul

Back to top Go down

Post  DrPraetor Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:02 pm

Forging: Charcoal Shield, Starshine Skullcap x 2, Chain Mail of Displacement

Finances permitting (let's hope I suffer casualties!) I will build a beach-head lab for Atul in province 215 next turn.

Turn 25 - I don't suppose anyone has an extra 23 Astral? TCT_25

And - sorry for posting this so late, I've been very busy with work this past week or so. Hopefully we will survive my relative inattention, but next week I am prepared to deliver to the noobs my righteous wrath. Twisted Evil

DrPraetor

Back to top Go down

Turn 25 - I don't suppose anyone has an extra 23 Astral? Empty i am planning to attempt breaking the siege by moving 3well geared adons to attack with a rear 5turn buff sequence script and an ungeared earth mage for buffing iron will

Post  namad Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:35 pm

I am planning to attempt breaking the siege by moving 3well geared adons to attack with a rear 5turn buff sequence script and an ungeared earth mage for buffing iron will.

If I fail, it will be the most gems we've lost in a turn so far, and I'll most certainly die fast. I am very worried he will find a way to jam my movement, as the three fire adons have to each arrive from a different vector due to how poorly last turn went. (any advice about improving my odds of winning this battle would be appreciated... if you think it's impossible to win... two of the adons are in position to have their gear stripped and sent away instead of risking it all in this fashion)

Turn 25 - I don't suppose anyone has an extra 23 Astral? Turnsu10

I'll forward the .2h to everyone in case you can take a look...

namad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum