Team Vet HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Turn 7 Thread

4 posters

Go down

Turn 7 Thread Empty Turn 7 Thread

Post  TheDemon Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:29 am

Lost one EK this turn to a surprise bunch of wizards in a militia/slinger prov at 172, but took 4 provs so it's ok. Contact with Lanka, he owns 156, has an army of 100 "mainly Avati Infantries, Markata Archers, Avati Archers and Villains". Haven't decided what my attacks will be yet. If anyone has a scout out in the 135/156 direction, let me know what provs are still indep.

Lingchih, can you take 127 this turn? If you can't, I'll take it to keep it out of Lanka hands, swap it to you later.

I have 350 extra gold that I can donate to someone so they can start a fort next turn. I'm thinking Hinnom?

Scout report:
200 - mictlan's capital
178, 198 - mictlan
all other provs around 183 still indep

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Turn 7 Thread Empty Re: Turn 7 Thread

Post  atul Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:18 am

Took all three provinces I intended, though the mercs got hit pretty bad by sneaky Triton Knights. At least won't need to bid on them next time. IIRC Günter has ok HI on him, though.

My expansion's going to slow down a bit now, and since all farmlands near C'tis lands are on scorched earth mode the income's going to drop a bit. But I'll manage, my castles are probably best to be placed randomly where sites are found. Now recruiting first nature mage.

Moving on 268 and 7, haven't seen anyone else on the coasts yet.

I've got 300 gold extra if I don't spend my money on the money intensive deep ones, who are next castlers?

atul

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironhawk Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:10 am

Sad

There was a great and terrible weeping and gnashing of teeth in my capital this turn. I got hit with the plague!!! Imagine the irony of this: I am the poster-boy for taking Misfortune 3, Death 3... and in the ONE game where I do not take any misfortune, I get a plague event in my *capital* when I have like 12 other provinces that could get hit.

Plague aside, it was overall about as weak of a turn as I had predicted for this round. I took the 2 provs I attacked (got the special site) so that was good. I was outbid (!!!) for the archers in white. My bid was 213 so somebody paid really a huge amount for them. That will delay my plans to take the lizards yet again tho which is annoying. However its not such a bad thing that I didnt get them cause w/o that gold my economy would be ashambles. I may just ignore the lizards for the time being and concentrate on some other provinces which I can overwhelm with the more readily available massed helhirds.

This coming turn I am going to make only 2 attacks again while my men reposition. All things going well after that I should get back up to 3/turn assuming favorable results.

Ironhawk

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDemon Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:34 pm

atul wrote:I've got 300 gold extra if I don't spend my money on the money intensive deep ones, who are next castlers?

qm needs 400 to get a castle started next turn
I need 250 (or if I keep 250)
lingchih should be starting his fort this turn
ironhawk says he needs 600 for getting a fort started next turn

So if you send all 300 to qm, I send qm 100, then both qm and I can start a fort next turn.

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Turn 7 Thread Empty forts

Post  TheDemon Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:41 pm

TheDemon wrote:
atul wrote:I've got 300 gold extra if I don't spend my money on the money intensive deep ones, who are next castlers?

qm needs 400 to get a castle started next turn
I need 250 (or if I keep 250)
lingchih should be starting his fort this turn
ironhawk says he needs 600 for getting a fort started next turn

So if you send all 300 to qm, I send qm 100, then both qm and I can start a fort next turn.

so qm apparently had his math wrong and actually needs 500. we'll see where we can get the extra 100 from, worst comes to worst I can come up with it by cancelling scout recruitment.

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Post  lingchih Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:28 pm

Yes, I can take 127 this turn, but it will mean not building my castle, since the only commander in the area is the Jarl who just took 106, and I was going to use him to castle it (until my scout gets there to take over next turn). Please let me know which you think is more important.

I took three provs this turn, but lost a Jarl on the fourth one, right where I though I might lose him, against those damn bear tribers in 49. He failed his MR roll against a sleep touch, and they tore the shreds out of him while he was fatigued out.

I see Abysia in 116, dangerously close to my new castle going up. Probably the last nation Nief wants to fight early on.

I'm also in position to take the 34 chokepoint this turn, if you guys want me to. I think I probably should.

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Post  lingchih Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:54 pm

OK, with QM's input, I have decided to castle this turn. So please take 127 Demon.

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDemon Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:52 pm

Ok, I'm going to use 2 EKs against 127 since I might run afoul of Lanka's army. Also hitting 188, 170, and 123 this turn.

I'm sending 100 gold to Hinnom. Atul should be sending 300 and Ironhawk 100. That should give both qm and myself a castle next turn.

With regards to Abysia, it would probably be best if Atlantis and Caelum take him on, as we have fire resistance and AN lightning respectively. Niefel will hopefully be able to focus on squishing C'tis and maybe Lanka.

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Post  lingchih Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:12 pm

It would be nice to have some burning pearls or something though, since I am holding the north right now, and may have to fight a bit before I can turn it over to you guys. Atul, can you help with that?

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Post  atul Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:46 pm

lingchih wrote:It would be nice to have some burning pearls or something though, since I am holding the north right now, and may have to fight a bit before I can turn it over to you guys. Atul, can you help with that?
I can forge you Burning Pearls, though they're only 50% fire res. In that department, we've got also Dragon Helmet and Fire Plate. For 100% fire protection there's Ring of Fire.

Make your pick, I'm moving a F mage into Ovens. BUT! I shall be requiring gems! Gems for forging, and soon gems for Voice of Tiamat (but prior to that, Apsu). So F gems for Niefel's stuff, E gems for many Dwarven Hammers, W gems for site searching spells.

Sending 300 to Hinnom, massing some troops since none of you SC nations can easily break enemy walls with your heavy-hitters.

atul

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironhawk Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:09 am

I'll start sending you all my spare gems next round.

Speaking of squishing noobs tho - we've talked tentatively about plans to attack CTis, Abysia, and TC. I suggest that we begin formalizing these plans and recruiting and coordinating our armies. We really need to strike hard and fast (as possible) once the NAP is up to keep the initiative and break the morale of the other team.

Ironhawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down