Team Vet HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Turn 14 - a mixed bag

4 posters

Go down

Turn 14 - a mixed bag Empty Turn 14 - a mixed bag

Post  lingchih Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:16 pm

Turn 14 was a mixed bag for me. Five battles, I won 3, and lost 2, and lost 2 jarls. One to Abysia (I knew that was a mistake), and one to C'tis.

In 272, I had moved one Jarl in to defend, and bumped up PD. Well, C'tis sent his shades led by a sauromancer, and they ripped my Jarl to shreds.

In 259, where I had moved my two Jarls, C'tis left one sauromancer to skelly spam. I won that one easily.

I took 91 from Abysia with my prophet, but lost two shinshifters.

In 105, my Jarl was hacked to bits by Abysia.

And in 127, my Jarl easily took the prov from Lanka.

I'm moving new troops down towards C'tis, since they seem the biggest threat. Not sure what to do with my two cut-off Jarls in 259. In fact, I'm open to suggestions everywhere.

I don't think I can give 14 to you now Atul. Maybe you could move into 11?

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Turn 14 - a mixed bag Empty Re: Turn 14 - a mixed bag

Post  TheDemon Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:37 pm

I think this turn went well for me.
I beat an attacking Lanka army in 148. Killed 33/36
I lost to a defending Lanka army in 156. Killed 75/137. Lost some mammoths and the elephant corps.

Mictlan took 135 from me. His army has 18 Slaves, 5 Warriors, 11 Warriors (unarmored), 8 Sun Warriors and a commander and a scout prophet. His bless is F9N6B6. A decently dangerous bless but not one that makes his guys survivable.

EK army can hit either Lanka in 156, Mictlan in 135, or Abysia in 116. I'm leaning towards Abysia because I'm more suited to fighting them than Niefel is. I don't know if a Jarl can take on the Mictlan forces but if it can I recommend it. Lanka's forces are mostly in his cap now, plenty of ganas that can reinforce 156, so a Jarl might not do so well.

In the East, TC attacked Hinnom instead of me so I get a bit of a breather. I'll have a small force there in a turn or so.

Pic https://2img.net/h/oi42.tinypic.com/2zy9yky.jpg

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Post  lingchih Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:11 pm

So, I am defending mostly this turn. So sad for Niefel to defend, but I need magic weapons to fight much more at this point. They are coming, but not here yet.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f86/13/76/96/87/niefel14.jpg

https://i.servimg.com/u/f86/13/76/96/87/niefel15.jpg

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Post  lingchih Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:53 pm

Moving into 276 this turn, Atul. Hope there is not too much investment in there. I have to get back to my lab.

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Post  atul Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:48 pm

Just take that province, I've been leaving it to be conquered for 10 turns already.

Okay, ditching economy mode, I can forge 6 fire brands this turn. Would they all be used? Forging slots can be used also for Charcoal Shields. Hinnom, Niefelheim, I want numbers. (Currently sending 2 fire brands to Niefelheim.)

atul

Back to top Go down

Post  lingchih Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:19 am

Yes, they could all be used,

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Post  atul Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:21 am

The screenshot of current turn:

https://2img.net/h/oi41.tinypic.com/161xs7s.png

Finished up Conj4, going to forge and cast massive Tiamats this turn mostly. Lost 11 to C'tis, a Sauromancer raising skellies.

I've got troops surfacing on 6 which was just taken from C'tis by Ermor's mercenaries, got about 150 units + prophet coming up. If I can't use 14 my reinforcements (leaving the capital currently) are trailing a turn behind and will go through 11.

Sauromatia built a castle to 189, I don't see any Abysian troops at the coast, Fomoria took 249 with Unmarkeds and apparently a province from Hinnom with Fomorian Kings. Moving my Wyrm to 215, he'll be in place in case some stuff needs to be done in that area.

EDIT: And, forging 6 fire brands, 1 frost brand and 2 boots of messenger this turn.

atul

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDemon Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:20 am

qm posted this in chat: https://2img.net/h/oi43.tinypic.com/ng5zz7.jpg

I think charcoal sheilds would be really handy, 4 brands 2 shields seems optimal to me. Shields just mow down undead, even shades, it's pretty cool. But brands are definitely needed.

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Post  atul Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:15 am

TheDemon wrote:I think charcoal sheilds would be really handy, 4 brands 2 shields seems optimal to me.
I gotta agree, despite Ling's disagreement. Guess customer isn't always right. :p

atul

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironhawk Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:15 pm

Helheim Turn 14 Image

Took the Skull Isle this turn with no losses. Looked at the recruitment from it and its only 1 Longdead Archer and 1 Longdead Horse per turn that a D mage enters the site. Doesnt seem worth while to me? What do you guys think?

For my attacks this turn: CTis's lands have too many armies wandering around in them so I decided to cross the (presumably unguarded) border and raid Sauro instead. I'm hitting 229, 238, and 228. As you can see the Hydras are still on the warpath. If they go east across the river, they will walk into the ambush I've laid for them at 267 and be massacared. If they go north and just make a nuisance of themselves, I'll send my ambush force out to go beat up CTis or Sauro, whoever we think needs it more. And then build up a secondary force to deal with the errant hydras.

Also moving my forces at Skull Island down into 188 to try and help Demon out a little with Sauro on that front.

Ironhawk

Back to top Go down

Post  lingchih Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:00 pm

atul wrote:
TheDemon wrote:I think charcoal sheilds would be really handy, 4 brands 2 shields seems optimal to me.
I gotta agree, despite Ling's disagreement. Guess customer isn't always right. :p

Yes, you guys are right. The shields would be better.

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironhawk Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:39 pm

So, while I was in various waiting rooms, I reconsidered my orders. Instead of diluting my forces more, I'm going to reform them all for a major offensive against CTis. Vanlade will not advance from Skull Isle, but instead will sail over to the east side of the river so that he can advance along with the Hydra force when they attack 254 next turn. If I gather up my raiders, as well, this should give me a regular sized army backed by about 30 helhirds. I just dont see anything CTis has that could put a stop to that and I really REALLY want to crush one of these noobs fast.

Let me know if that sounds good to you guys...

Ironhawk

Back to top Go down

Post  lingchih Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:49 pm

Yes, that sounds really good to me Hawk. I'm in retreat mode right now to get my Jarls back to a lab. Any extra offensives vs. C'tis would be most welcome.

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Post  atul Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:45 pm

Ling can you get any Jarls from your capital to C'tis front? I'm afraid that if the current ones zig when they should zag they end up meeting the shades of C'tis anyway, and you'll need new guys.

And anyway, it would really help with the items if you'd tell exactly how many Jarls you have on which fronts and where. The current "I need a bunch of stuff" stuff just isn't good enough since I'm as resource constrained as all of you.

Oh yeah, just to point out I'm not playing hard to get just for kicks of it, our situation has some analogues: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beer_distribution_game

atul

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDemon Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:07 pm

Yeah, I think we have a bit of a supply chain problem in the forging.

Atul is sending 2 brands that will reach you next turn. That means that in an ideal world you have exactly 2 Jarls in frontline labs next turn. The turn after, you'll be receiving up to 4 brands 2 shields. In an ideal world you have exactly 2 different Jarls in frontline labs on that turn as well, and the spares can go to Hinnom.

If you can arrange it so the Jarls arrive at the labs exactly when the items do, then you'll always be equipped to fight. Let's assume worst case scenario and write off the trapped Jarls. You have one Jarl on the Lanka front, and I have no idea how many on the C'tis front (zero?). It *looks* like in your pic that you have another Jarl on the Lanka front hitting your fort this turn as reinforcements. I'm just assuming from your pic here, but it also looks like you have one or two Jarls leaving your cap for the C'tis front. They can't reach the lab next turn, so they'll be there the turn after.

The soonest your trapped jarls can reach your lab is in 3 turns.

Correct me if I'm wrong, and let us know exactly how many Jarls are reaching a frontline lab on each turn. Atul needs to know this two turns in advance in order to provide for your forging.

So then, the two brands you receive next turn go on the Lanka front Jarls next turn, two brands and two shields go on the C'tis front Jarls the turn after, and then you'll need another pair of brands and shields the turn after that if your Jarls survive being trapped. So we don't need to forge 4x brands and 2x shields. I think it would be more ideal to forge 2x brand 2x shield and either 2x snake ring if you're out or 2x frost brand to send to Hinnom.

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Post  lingchih Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:09 pm

OK, I have on Jarl in 14. He will probably be a dead Jarl if C'tis sends his shades that way. But I have leave him there preaching, if I'm ever going to get any ice down that way.

The two trapped Jarls are headed to 276. Who knows what their fate will be?

I have a new Jarl with skinshifters headed down, but he will only be able to make it to 37 this turn.

I am recruiting one new Jarl this turn (and most likely, every turn after).

So, your answer is, one Jarl will be able to receive equipment next turn. So, although I need the items, and would like to have them in the bank, it's not immediately required next turn.

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDemon Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:27 pm

So Lingchih and I talked over where his Jarls are and will be.

Next turn, he'll have two Jarls at the lab on the Lanka front. They get two brands.
Another Jarl is in 14, and might get killed by shades.
Two jarls trapped behind enemy lines (with snake rings)
One jarl heading to the C'tis front, but won't arrive at a lab.

The turn after, he'll have one Jarl at the lab on the C'tis front.
If the Jarl in 14 survives, he'll be at the same lab.
The trapped Jarls will still be trapped.
Two Jarls in the field on the Lanka front.

So what he needs forged this turn is exactly two Fire Brands, two Charcoal Shields, and two Snake Rings.

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Post  atul Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:36 am

I'll change orders if the game doesn't host before I get back from work. Otherwise it's no snake rings, sorry. One ring is being sent this turn, was that accounted for?

atul

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDemon Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:56 am

atul wrote:I'll change orders if the game doesn't host before I get back from work. Otherwise it's no snake rings, sorry. One ring is being sent this turn, was that accounted for?

No, it wasn't accounted for. In that case, you'll only need to forge one ring and you'll have one mage free for whatever (maybe another frost brand for hinnom? or research).

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Post  atul Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:15 am

I already have all magetime in use so that ring's coming from somewhere. But, irrelevant if the game hosts before 15 gmt or so.

Hinnom needed just frost brands?

atul

Back to top Go down

Post  atul Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:20 am

Eh, checked. Fire brand for Hinnom too.

atul

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDemon Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:18 am

Suppose it doesn't matter, but frost brands are more economical

I'll hold off submitting my turn file until last minute. The current hosting deadline is just past 16:30 GMT.

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Post  atul Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:57 am

Got the change in, thanks for waiting.

Forging 3 fire brands, 2 charcoal shield, 2 frost brands, 1 snake ring, 1 boots of messenger.

...at least, I think.

atul

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironhawk Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:53 pm

Oh and just so we have it written down somewhere and everyone is in the loop:

We are going to wait on the outcome of the current round before determining how to proceed with our siege situation. If there is promising progress on the Aby front, then we may shift our resources there for the quick kill. However, both Ling and I are sending our second waves to the CTis front so we should be able to get a territory lockdown even if we have to wait on a seige.

Ironhawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down