Team Vet HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Global Options

2 posters

Go down

Global Options Empty Global Options

Post  TheDemon Wed May 20, 2009 10:25 pm

So all the globals slots are open and we decent research. Anything really stand out? For me, Perpetual Storm makes the most sense, it lets Helheim use storm power, it protects Atlantis from missiles and keeps Jarls from dying to Slingers.

Gem generators, BoT, Illwinter might all be options.

I can see the noobs casting Astral Corruption in a last ditch effort to stop us.

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Global Options Empty Re: Global Options

Post  lingchih Wed May 20, 2009 11:48 pm

Burden of time would not be a problem for me. All my units are very long lived. I can potentially cast Illwinter, but will need to make some blood boosters.

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDemon Thu May 21, 2009 2:03 am

What gems are we using or going to use most? I think Earth is used a lot now and once we get Earth Attack it should be our go-to assassination spell. Earth Blood Deep Well is at enchant 7, so it might be out of the way for Atlantis, but Helheim has dwarves and I have an E9 pretender and we both have Enchant 5 already. Lingchih's pretender is E9N9, Ironhawk's is E9N4 (I think?), and the imprisoned pretenders will be breaking free any time now.

I'm using a lot of air as well, but at Thau 8 Gale Gate is so very far out of the way. I plan on getting Thau 5, but Thau 8 is... doubtful, and of dubious usefulness.

Evo 8 for Maelstrom is possible, I have a W3 Wizard that could cast it with boosters. I'm not sure if Atlantis is likely to achieve Evo 8, probably not.

I'm told that qm is one fire booster from being able to cast Eternal Pyre. If I hit up con 6 I can forge it for him.

Stellar Focus at Enchant 7 is low-powered, but if we can (and we can with boosters), why not?

We aren't using a lot of nature or death now, even though Mother Oak and Well of Misery are probably the most useful in a regular game. I have a pretender capable of casting Mother Oak or Gift of Health right now, and the research done, but if we aren't going to put it to use there's no point. Well of Misery is Conj 8, and we'd need a high death caster. I don't think Helheim will reach Conj 8, not sure if anyone else has.

Other than the gem generators, there's Perpetual Storm, which I can cast now if I had the gems.
I'm not sure what Foul Air does, but it sounds interesting.
Illwinter would probably help us somewhat, but we might be better spending the slaves on Ice Devils.
Forge of the Ancients is possible as Atul is at Con 8 next turn.
One of us with an N pretender could cast Gift of Health. But we're on the offensive, so fighting out of our dominion. Plus it only helps one. If we are forced into the tartarian stage (especially if we grab that +2 death artifact) whoever is summoning the tartarians should cast it.
Burden of Time won't hurt us greatly, and it'll punish Ermor, Mictlan, and TC a fair ammount. Probably hurts me the most as I'll lose my research mages who can start with old age, and my EKs are borderline.

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum