Team Vet HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Turn 15. The gorgon is now sr100 but insanely cocky and low on hp.

+2
TheDemon
namad
6 posters

Go down

Turn 15. The gorgon is now sr100 but insanely cocky and low on hp. Empty Turn 15. The gorgon is now sr100 but insanely cocky and low on hp.

Post  namad Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:28 am

Turn 15. The gorgon is now sr100 but insanely cocky and low on hp.

Turn 15. The gorgon is now sr100 but insanely cocky and low on hp. Gorgon10

province 306 next to my capital...i could try to attack that province with a naked astral adon and buff resist magic turn1 but... he'll have flown away by then... I could use some assistance but now that he is sr100 assistance may be impossible.

namad

Back to top Go down

Turn 15. The gorgon is now sr100 but insanely cocky and low on hp. Empty Re: Turn 15. The gorgon is now sr100 but insanely cocky and low on hp.

Post  TheDemon Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:54 am

Pic for now, you'll have to click to get the whole thing

Turn 15. The gorgon is now sr100 but insanely cocky and low on hp. Jsip7a

more later. good turn, killed a LOT of stuff.

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Turn 15. The gorgon is now sr100 but insanely cocky and low on hp. Empty Re: Turn 15. The gorgon is now sr100 but insanely cocky and low on hp.

Post  TheDemon Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:46 am

Turn Summary:

Fought a bunch of battles. Killed 37/44 Jotunheim units for 1 loss in 75. Killed 62/72 Machaka units for 1 loss in 78. Lost a retreating army of 21 (indeps, fortunately) in 33 to an Arco army. Lost 46 to Arco. Lost 89 to Machaka.

This turn, counteroffensive starts. Attacks/Moves (slightly edited):
78 -> 66 (Machaka)
75/109 move patrol -> 111
102 gateway -> 78
Patrol 82

I'm withdrawing from the Jotunheim/Caelum front completely and atul is withdrawing from the Arco front. Might bleed a little territory out there but I can afford that. The Machaka force in 89 can either attack 111 or 82, and I will put a surprise in both. Even if he withdraws, I'll strike 89 while the iron's hot. If everything goes as planned, the next two turns will see the annihilation of Machaka's fighting forces.

Intel:
124 - Caelum, 0 PD
104 - Caelum, 0 PD
84 - Caelum's capital, 6 units, High Seraphs, Skinu the Great Sage. My spy Instilling Uprising.
98 - Caelum fort under Eriu siege
94 - Caelum, freshly conquered, 3 mammoths in the worst formation I've ever seen (seperate squads, spread out)
81 - Jotunheim, brand new fort, 110 units, Lion Tribe Archers, Light Infantries, Crossbowmen, Vaettis, Skipjack the Titan
77 - Jotunheim, 2 units, Lion Tribe Warriors
52 - Jotunheim, 20 units, Lion Tribe Archers and Horse Tribe Cavalries
89 - Machaka, 10 Great Spiders, 23 Machaka Archers, 10 Militia, 2 Lizard Warriors, 2 Machaka Hoplites
91 - Machaka, 5 units, Great Spiders, likely uncommanded
66 - Machaka, 30 units, Machaka Hoplites, Light Infantries, Spider Riders, Great Spiders
90 - Machaka, 90 units, Machaka Militias, Spider Riders, Spider Lord
33 - Arco, 9 Elephants, 13 Hypasists, 15 Cardaces, 13 Peltasts, Prophet
46 - Arco, 7 Elephants, 33 Slingers, 1 Mystic
50 - Arco, 1 PD
41 - Arco, fort, ? PD
27 - Arco, 20 PD
74 - Machaka, 1 PD
80 - Machaka, fort, ? PD

Last edited by TheDemon on Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:02 am; edited 1 time in total

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Turn 15. The gorgon is now sr100 but insanely cocky and low on hp. Empty Also

Post  TheDemon Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:55 am

Next turn I can double raging hearts some poor sap's cap. I'd like suggestions as to where it'd be effective. Caelum or Arco or Argatha or even Machaka are my ideas.

I promised namad I'd campaign for any spare gold to be sent to him. He could use about 1k a turn, and he needs it far more than I do. But if there's any left after that, I could do with 200 a turn for the next few turns.

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Post  atul Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:04 am

Buggy movement resolution worked for me for once. As Arco retreated I had only one battle of note this turn. Total of 3 High Seraphs with no supporting troops flew into Jotunheim and were swiftly killed. Me likes.

Jotunheim took back one of his provinces, I'm this turn moving the army that was on Arco front to kill the Caelum elephants in the east (yay sailing). Other than that, attacking Jotunheim army remains.

Tentative attacks:
Caelum: 21, 30
Jotunheim: 52, 65, 77

I'll get Thau4 for elephant paralyzing next turn as well as Ench5. Research is good, and it seems south is pretty well contained.

Waters are a problem, Abysia has indy-stomping army with shark knights at my border. Could use those Water Breathing Rings. Hm well, soon I'll try to get water mages for myself and forge a few.

Turn 15. The gorgon is now sr100 but insanely cocky and low on hp. Kuva_117

atul

Back to top Go down

Post  Baalz Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:39 am

TheDemon wrote:Next turn I can double raging hearts some poor sap's cap. I'd like suggestions as to where it'd be effective. Caelum or Arco or Argatha or even Machaka are my ideas.

I promised namad I'd campaign for any spare gold to be sent to him. He could use about 1k a turn, and he needs it far more than I do. But if there's any left after that, I could do with 200 a turn for the next few turns.

Just located Ulm's cap, it's at 153 and his cap only Guardians are causing me quite a lot of problems. I think he's gonna make a push for my cap this turn, or at least he should because there's not much I can do to stop him. Those guardians are an appallingly effective silver bullet against my thugs, and the rest of my troops are...um...ineffective against Ulm troops to say the least. Haven't been able to get up critical mass for evocation and unfortunately screwed up on my scripting this turn and lost 3 Tuatha when hit and run became hit and get hit. He's massing loads of chaff to mix in with his Guardians so I'm going with slingers and lightning, dunno how lucky I'll get with targeting.

Raiding deep in Ulm, Caelum & Bandar and patrolling my cap, guess we'll see how effective false fetters + lighting bolt is.

Baalz

Back to top Go down

Turn 15. The gorgon is now sr100 but insanely cocky and low on hp. Empty Money

Post  Baalz Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:49 am

511 gold sent to Ashdod

Baalz

Back to top Go down

Post  atul Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:53 am

Next time, a little advance warning before people start losing their capitals plz. Smile

And, dunno what Ulm's backing up those Guardians with, but I seriously want some equipment so I could help a bit somewhere. It seems everything's going as planned in the south but north is in flames and the center has trouble holding.

atul

Back to top Go down

Post  DrPraetor Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:29 am

Full update later.

I'm making everything Atul wanted *except* that I am 5 NG short, so... no boots? I can send you some other armour instead of the rainbow armour but I take it that the MR is really key?

DrPraetor

Back to top Go down

Post  atul Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:01 pm

Thanks DrP.

Ditch the boots, I can do with less Reinvig but MR takes a hit wherever I cloud trapeze.

atul

Back to top Go down

Post  Baalz Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:30 pm

atul wrote:Next time, a little advance warning before people start losing their capitals plz. Smile

And, dunno what Ulm's backing up those Guardians with, but I seriously want some equipment so I could help a bit somewhere. It seems everything's going as planned in the south but north is in flames and the center has trouble holding.

It's pretty much guardians and random chaff + Ulm PD. It's annoying because it's not anything brilliant, it's just quite effective used bluntly against Eriu (holy thugs + spears & slings). I actually reassessed and think I'm unlikely to lose my cap after all, I was just frustrated this turn. I've got 9 mages patrolling my cap ready to spam lighting from behind the PD as about 80 guardians clank forward, I think that should be effective enough. Should have orb lightning turn after next and am recruiting 4 mages per turn at this point, the down side is I have to keep critical mass so it's very hard to go on the offense. I'm gonna do some testing with orb lightning though, I think I might be able to put something together with Firbolg 15 defense bodyguards and pairs of sidhe blasting those fuckers from short range.

Incidentally, have to rescind my money shipment to Ashdod, recruiting Firbolgs with it.

Baalz

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDemon Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:18 pm

I should mention I'm barrelling down on Conj 6, so in 3 turns I order the summon of my first harbinger, and I'd like the equipment to be forged and in transit that same turn, if possible. If my math is right that means the turn after next turn forging is ordered.

edit: Gonna reset this whole discussion. My bless is S4 N4. My first instinct was double brands:
Frost Brand, Fire Brand, Horror Helm, Rainbow Armor, Birch Boots, Amulet of Luck, Amulet of MR.
Cost: 5W, 5F, 5E, 10D, 5A, 10N, 10S, total 50
But then I realized that although it looked good on paper it only had 17 prot, 13 def. Relying on Awe +4 and Luck and Mistform isn't that great for a fragile thug. The Amulet of MR could be replaced with a Bracer of Protection, but without the E9 bless to stack the effects aren't huge.

So my next thought:
Fire Brand, Lucky Coin, Horror Helm, Copper Plate, no boots, Amulet of Resilience, Amulet of MR.
Cost: 5F, 5E, 10D, 5A, 10N, 15S. total 50, but it'll need Boots of Quickness when available.
Eventually Boots of Quickness. Its expensive, but it'll work.

I'm not sure what else to suggest. The Amulet of MR seems redundant with rainbow armor and the Harbinger's excellent MR. Chain Mail of Displacement would work great instead of Copper Plate in the 2nd one. A Horror Helm may not be necessary, but if not then do I switch for a Frost Brand and a Dragon Helm? I think that one comes down to cost and use, if someone else needs the horror helm, or if someone else needs the Earth gems.

An "on the cheap" setup:
Frost Brand, Faithful, Dragon Helm, Copper Plate, Boots of the Messenger, Amulet of MR. 5W, 5F, 5E, 5A, 5N, 10S, total 35 gems.
Alternately, for cold immunity, birch boots and a girdle of strength. Another alt would be switching Faithful for Lucky Coin, or for an Amulet of Luck and Enchanted Shield or a more costly Shield, or +3 def sword. Neither would increase the cost significantly.
If you want me to take on the gorgon, however, I'll definitely need Rainbow Armor in the above setup, and probably the Faithful variation, with a Snake Ring. Might as well go with Birch Boots if I have Rainbow Armor. So,
Faithful, Frost Brand, Dragon Helm, Rainbow Armor, Birch Boots, Amulet of MR, Snake Ring. 5W, 5E, 5F, 5A, 15N, 10S. 45 gems.
22 Morale out-of-dominion, 25 MR, smacks the stoneskin gorgon with cold damage and an extra attack, only vulnerability is 50% shock.

Last edited by TheDemon on Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:08 pm; edited 8 times in total

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Post  atul Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:00 pm

I don't have much critical research after the host after next one (Thau 4, Ench 5, Conj 3, Alt 2 at that point), so I was thinking of going Const 4 at least then to take off some forging burden from DrP. There are a lot of these requests flying around.

Of course I can't do all he's been doing, but I'll be able to help at least with some items. After taking that Jade Amazon province from Caelum I at least should be able to do the brands and shields.

atul

Back to top Go down

Turn 15. The gorgon is now sr100 but insanely cocky and low on hp. Empty which gems do you have drp? which items are you forging this turn? do you need me to send vanheim one of the items i already have? or forge him an item i can forge this turn? i can forge a horror helm and a luck pendant this turn

Post  namad Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:17 pm

which gems do you have drp? which items are you forging this turn? do you need me to send vanheim one of the items i already have? or forge him an item i can forge this turn? i can forge a horror helm and a luck pendant this turn.

namad

Back to top Go down

Turn 15. The gorgon is now sr100 but insanely cocky and low on hp. Empty ....

Post  namad Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:49 pm

There are starvation problems with the army in the west and the army in the east both.... I have no idea how to solve them, but disease isn't especially bad for units with such high hp, and nature gems are at a premium.

all of my intelligence in this screenshot.

The adon i recruited last turn was earth based.

I am forging one luck pendant for 4gems and one horror helm for 7gems.

I intend to lose 6provinces in battle and retake one in battle.

There is one of those 6provinces I could attempt to defend but it seems ill advised. (284) In the battle where I retake my eastern fort I am moving an extra astral adon in for assistance, he could instead be used to attack the province the gorgon is currently in... he is naked, but if only pd were left there while the gorgon flew away to raid elsewhere he could win... or the hall of fame astral adon from my capital could combine with him to attack that province ... or only the hall of famer could attack that province... i might make those changes without reposting screenshots.

.2h or .trn available on request i'll send the .2h to anyone who i already sent the .trn to

Turn 15. The gorgon is now sr100 but insanely cocky and low on hp. Ashdod21

namad

Back to top Go down

Post  lingchih Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:19 pm

https://i.servimg.com/u/f86/13/76/96/87/ermor_20.jpg

Walls are down (that was quick). I should be stormed next turn, and I don't imagine I will win. Sending all my money and gems to Atul as of now, and he can re-distribute them as needed.

Gwelludun (359) has 1PD and no troop as of right now.

So long gents, and good luck.

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDemon Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:31 pm

Send your gold to namad instead.

Namad, I don't see why you don't attack 280? You can certainly take on that force and win handilly.

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Turn 15. The gorgon is now sr100 but insanely cocky and low on hp. Empty maybe you are right that scouting report could be inflated

Post  namad Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:33 pm

maybe you are right that scouting report could be inflated

Last edited by namad on Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

namad

Back to top Go down

Post  lingchih Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:43 pm

Sent the money (816) and the D (57) gems to Namad. Sent the astral and nature to Dr.P.

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Turn 15. The gorgon is now sr100 but insanely cocky and low on hp. Empty does the allfather want me to send a horror helm and boots of the messanger from my supply next turn?

Post  namad Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:09 pm

does the allfather want me to send a horror helm and boots of the messanger from my supply next turn?

namad

Back to top Go down

Post  atul Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:16 pm

Whoops, not allfather, but father of winters. Well, little difference.

I can always use those, of course. So if you can spare them.

atul

Back to top Go down

Post  DrPraetor Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:58 am

Image posting is down.

Important points are only:
I am attacking Vician Forest / 180
I am attacking Wyndun / 255

Either of these armies may get squished. I don't care.

DrPraetor

Back to top Go down

Turn 15. The gorgon is now sr100 but insanely cocky and low on hp. Empty perhaps the gorgon will attack my capital and perhaps a naked adon with 3troops can slay it... if i were him i'd fly past the capital on a raid though

Post  namad Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:34 pm

perhaps the gorgon will attack my capital and perhaps a naked adon with 3troops can slay it... if i were him i'd fly past the capital on a raid though..

little update on the red arrows

Turn 15. The gorgon is now sr100 but insanely cocky and low on hp. Ashdod22

namad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down