Team Vet HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Turn 15 thread

4 posters

Go down

Turn 15 thread Empty Turn 15 thread

Post  lingchih Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:43 pm

Niefelheim report.

Thanks for the gear Atul. Need any death gems? I'm rolling in them.

My temple in my cap was destroyed (earthquake). So no Jarl this turn. I think I'll start another castle in 34 as well. It's only 800 gold to build one there (ramparts).

Ok, first the Jarl situation. C'tis took his shades back south, so none of the Jarls down there had to fight them. The Jarl in 14 is still in 14. He'll be moving to the lab this turn to await his gear. The other Jarl on the way down will also be moving into the lab this turn, so that will be two Jarls in the lab next turn. The two trapped Jarls in 276 are no longer trapped, and will be moving to 14. They are in no danger of attack, except perhaps by Ermor, who has just moving in next door in 11. Ermor has Gunter Blukraft's mercs and a few amazons in there, so I'm not too worried.

In the north, I have two Jarls in the castle, being equipped with the fire brands. Abysia took 91 back with a fairly impressive force of burning ones and Misbreds against my light PD. They are led by a level 5 fire mage Annointed, with 1 warlock backing up. They can apparently only cast Flare though, since that is all that they cast. My prophet is next door in 93 with his small army. I will hold there. Probably will move the one Jarl with 100FR and skinshifters down there to support the prophet.

The other Jarl in the 106 castle will be moving into 127, to defend it from either Mictlan or Lanka.

All quiet other than that. My only Scout got killed trying to scout the Aby cap.

Oh, and the Jarl I recruited last turn is rebuilding the temple. So he's out of the picture for this turn.

Last edited by lingchih on Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Turn 15 thread Empty Re: Turn 15 thread

Post  lingchih Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:31 pm

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDemon Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:55 pm

Ok, so Abysia got first move on me and moved his army to Niefel's 91. My EKs are now in 116, which has a Lab (so my prophet gets his fire ring) and allows recruitment of garnet amazons. My options are siege the cap (114) or hit the army in 91.

The report on Abysia's cap is 20 units, mainly Burning Ones and Anathemant Dragons, exceptionally strong and well defended PD.
Ling, I'd appreciate an exact count of Abysia's forces in 91.

I routed and killed the Raksharaja (Lanka demon mage) that was trapped in 126.
Sauro made no moves on the northern front. I don't know what he's thinking.
Mictlan looks like he reinforced his army in 135. Scout report now says 70 units, mainly Slaves, Sun Warriors, and Warriors. That means he got more Sun Warriors. They definitely can be dangerous.

In the East, I didn't lose any provs, but Vanheim has appeared in 175 with a force that is most definitely stronger than the "10 serf warriors" it reads. I'll find out how strong next turn. In the East, right now my forces are 21 archers, 13 mammoths, and 4 EKs in range. I can spring a trap on Vanheim's forces once I find his force composition, but he likely has eyes on my mammoth forces. Another concerning thing is that Vanheim has stopped research. That means he's deploying his pretender (site searching?) and his mages (more concerning). At his level of research he could have cloud trapeze and thunder strike. Hopefully not though.

I'm moving my pretender back to a lab to summon up Yazatas and maybe research some. Next turn I get Enchantment 2 and Thau 1. I'll have Enchant 3 in 2 turns (seeking arrow) and Enchant 4 in 3 turns. I also got a W1D2 Wizard so I'll be able to forge skull staffs and horror helms eventually. After enchant will come const.

Pics soon:
https://2img.net/h/oi43.tinypic.com/ravjah.jpg

Last edited by TheDemon on Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:17 pm; edited 3 times in total

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Turn 15 thread Empty atul please read this

Post  TheDemon Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:58 pm

On logistics, the current situation means Niefel will have:
next turn: 2 Jarls in frontline labs
2 turns: 2 Jarls in frontline labs (the trapped ones)
3 turns: 1 Jarls in frontline labs (the temple building one @ the cap)

So we'll have one extra Jarl for this turn's forging. Here's a plan to deal with that:

The trapped Jarls have Snake Rings already, so forging one this turn isn't necessary. And if you sent Niefel the Fire Brand you're sending Hinnom, all that would be missing is a charcoal shield which isn't 100% necessary. With Hinnom's luck ammy taking a 6/7 RP mage, putting your 3/4 RP nature mage on research will make up for most of that.

Last edited by TheDemon on Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:33 pm; edited 2 times in total

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDemon Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:07 pm

On the siege situation, I think we're still on schedule. For those of you who weren't there, Atul and I went over plans to support either an Abysia or a C'tis siege, and the specific timeline involved. This turn on the timeline calls for Atul to retreat his forces underwater, for me to either clear PD on the coast or put Abysia's cap under siege, and for Niefel to move his Jarls to labs.

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Post  atul Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:46 pm

I will report when I get home, but just a quick note: look at Van's gem income, he probably remote sitesearched alot this turn.

And in plain words, what's the forging request this turn? Brand, shield, pendant?

atul

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDemon Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:03 am

Brand, Shield, Pendant, and send this turn's "extra" Fire Brand to Niefel instead of Hinnom (sorry qm).

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Post  atul Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:16 am

Okay, it seems tinypic isn't going to upload my pictures for reasons unknown.

Anyway, taking 6 was a walk in a park, Ermor moved his army to 11. Don't see much of his other troops, should he have any. Except 2 has 40 units, "Lion tribe archers, longdead triarius and longdead legionnaires". WTF, Ermor gets special undead in EA too?

C'tis has 20 units in his 2nd fort at 265, mostly city guards. 273 has 20 too, shades, barbarians, longdead.

Fomoria has 8 units at 237, Unmarkeds mostly. 192 has single Unmarked, 212 is empty.

Agartha has forces along the coast, 44 has about 20 units, horse brothers and ancient ones. 40 has about 20 Seal Guards, and 48 about 20 archers and Pale Ones. 55 is empty.

Abysia has troops in 91 and 88, Ling probably can tell better who attacked him, 88 has about 8 Burning Ones. 81 is empty.

Sauro has about 30 hostiles, poison archers and raiders, at his fort in 189. Also a hydra at 254, rest of the coast is empty.

Retreating from 6 as planned, taking 257 with my Wyrm and then I'll have visual on the whole of Fomorian coast. Moving reinforcements for the castle breaching army, including 2 Basalt Kings.

I've Tiamated about half of my waters, and got nice gem income out of them. One site for recruiting Hydromancers (W3, 180 gold), but it doesn't have a lab. :-/

Starting a rush for Alt4, so this turn no Tiamats and only one Fire Brand, Charcoal Shield and Luck Pendant in forging. 2 turns' research until world starts to freeze, please try to humor me. Sending out items as instructed (sorry qm but it seems you're not complaining loud enough):

Niefelheim: 3 Fire Brands, 2 Charcoal Shields, 1 Snake Ring
Hinnom: 2 Frost Brands, 1 Boots of Messenger

atul

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironhawk Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:16 am

Sorry I forgot to post last night, I was celebrating.

I defeated Sauro's hydra force, as anticipated with light casualties. After seeing my attack-rear plan in action I can probably stop any further aggression of Hydras with only a handful of helhirds. One set to cut off retreat and then other to kill his hydra leader.

Unfortunately, I lost three of my raiding parties. One of them ran into a different set of Hydras which had just moved to the CTis border this turn, so they were massacared. The second set of raiders just hit some unexpectedly strong PD (20!) on that border - Sauro must have anticipated my raid? And the last raiders actually were winning but then the commander got luckshotted by an arrow, alas.

For this turn, I'm forming up Vanlade with the Hydra force and attacking over the river. That force will head up to CTis lands to rumble with any of his regular forces that might be around there. I did some tests last night and 2 sets of Helhirds on the flank of a regular army should be able to drop the forces CTis is fielding even with up to 4 sauromancers skelly-spamming (is he even doing that?). I do think I'm a little light on ground troops as all i have is these crazy expensive huskarls, so I'm gonna try and step up troop production overall.

Will do my turn and post some pics when i get back from work tonight.

Ironhawk

Back to top Go down

Post  atul Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:57 pm

C'tis skellyspams all right. At least he did so when taking my provinces.

And as to the noob PD, at least Ermor fielded too 20+ PD. Sauro has similar PD on the coast, and I've got a feeling they're doing the classical mistake of wasting (1+20)/2*20=210 gold on each province...

...well, helps us.

atul

Back to top Go down

Post  lingchih Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:30 pm

Demon, the composition of 91 is ten misbreds, 12 burning ones, and two mages, a warlock and 5F1E Annointed of Rhuax. No gear on anyone.

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Post  lingchih Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:55 pm

atul wrote:Okay, it seems tinypic isn't going to upload my pictures for reasons unknown.
You know atul, this forum will host images... you don't need to use tinypic. Just click on the picture icon on top of the post area when you are posting, and a dialog comes up that let's you point to a picture to upload. Click "host it", and three fields in the dialog box will fill up with urls. You want to copy and paste the third field into your post.

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironhawk Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:03 pm

https://servimg.com/view/13773144/5

Heres my image file for this turn. Ling you should take note of the presence of Hydras on the Sauro-CTis border.

I'm attacking across the river with my main force. If CTis gets aggressvie with his shades and moves into my lands and Sauro falls his hydras back I could be getting pinched b/w those two armies but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. Sending my raiders at CTis's 2nd fort to the west at some prime looking farmland. CTis had fairly weak defenses before the war so maybe that one is still ripe for the plucking. Also sending my Dis deep into Sauro to look for any prime provs to raid. If not she can always form up with the rest of the boys.

Oh, I will be getting Mistform this turn too. Advice on what to research next is appreciated - Also feel free to post in my Helheim suggestions thread. I could use anything you guys can think of.

Ironhawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down