Team Vet HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Turn 16 Thread

4 posters

Go down

Turn 16 Thread Empty Turn 16 Thread

Post  Ironhawk Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:33 am

I moved ahead into that Sauro prov across the river. It was only 15-20 PD (and the remaining hydra) so I cleared them out pretty easily. However, I took more losses than I needed to since I somehow blanked on putting arrow catchers out front. Strangely - CTis's armies didnt move at all? They are still poised at my border, waiting for ... who knows? I may move up to the border prov and pour on some PD. With that to cover for reinforcements, I could likely hold out against both armies. I'll test it out tonight when I get a chance.

In other news, got a 400gp event so that was a treat. Also, that prov west of CTis's 2nd fort mysteriously has 0 PD. So I'll raid that this coming turn. The random prov in Sauro I landed in has really strong PD - the Sauro player is buying like 10-20PD in all his provinces, it seems. Good for us in general that he's wasting his money in that way, but it will make raiding more difficult until I can get the Vanjarls pumping.

Ironhawk

Back to top Go down

Turn 16 Thread Empty Re: Turn 16 Thread

Post  atul Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:56 am

121 RPs to go to Alt4, I currently field 151 RPs worth of researchers so it's limited forging.

I retreated from #6, no-one attacked but noobs did react:

C'tis pushed the panic button. 265 has 190 troops, mostly Runners, Slave Warriors, and the rest of the usual package. 273 has 5 Barbarians.

Ermor kept his mercs on 11, moved to 275 with "about 70 units, mainly slingers, retiarius, lizard Auxiliaries". Keeping about 90 units at #2 including an Augur Elder. Spotted his capital too, #241.

Agartha has about 40 units on 48 (Archers and Pale Ones, with mage support), can't see the rest.

Abysia has 7 Burning Ones at 88.

Sauromatia cleared his fort at 189, only one unit there. His army's coming north, currently a province away from Helheim border at 221. About 130 units, mostly poison archers. Led by Witch King.

Only Fomorian armies of note that I can see are about 40 units in his capital at 245 and the 10 Unmarkeds at 237.

Now's the decision time. I've got 266 units + prophet + 2 Basalt Kings that can go to Abysian border this turn or just hang around and wait for Niefelheim to clear those Runners. Quo Vadis? It seems TheDemon is facing opposition up north, so is the Abysian invasion doable? Next turn onwards I've got Wolven Winter so gg cold-blooded troops and Abysian heat auras.

atul

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDemon Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:24 am

I'd go for Abysia. Ling is a little behind me on the offensive timeline, and if you have destruction next turn you'll handle the PD fine. Honestly, we can't play defense forever, even if the situation looks bad, we need to eliminate one of these guys. Hopefully Niefel can handle defense, but if not it's just a fort.

Will edit in content in a bit. For now, pics:

West:
https://2img.net/h/oi40.tinypic.com/2vbsc4j.jpg

East:
https://2img.net/h/oi42.tinypic.com/2i0vfk0.jpg
Vanheim's army is in 187, as it was indep last turn. Vanheim also has his Crone in 171. If I still have eyes on the Crone next turn, it's getting hit with seeking arrow.

Last edited by TheDemon on Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:38 am; edited 2 times in total

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDemon Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:33 am

Ok, so this turn:

I routed Absyia's army attacking me in 116, killed 24/24 with 0 casualties. His cap in 114 has 30 units, Burning Ones and Anathemant Dragons. I also took 91 from Abysia. Now or next turn would be the right time to go for a killing blow and put his cap under siege.

Mictlan took 127 from Niefel. Lingchih, can I get an accurate count, especially of his sacreds?

Lanka took 148 from me with 40 Bandar and Avati Archers. My fort is in 141. I can defend it this turn with EKs from my cap. Next turn, not so much. That's because Lanka has 210 units in 156, Ganas, Kala-Mukha Warriors, Rakshasas (demon mages), and Light Bandar Archers. Note that the mage count here is absurdly high. He'll definitely be moving to 148 this turn, so I'm testing composition with a scout.

Oh and Sauro moved an army of 30 Androphags and Raiders to 176, which is also on my border.

So, the best plan of action to me seens to be:
a) I handle Mictlan with Thunder Strike Squadron
b) Niefel hits 126 this turn, and moves everything he has on the Northern front there next turn, and clears my fort if necessary the turn after.
c) Next turn, I order the siege of Abysia's cap.

The reason for this is, if I siege Abysia's cap (114) this turn, I'm out of range of the Lanka front with my 3-mapmove EKs. That seems like a bad move to me.

What does everyone think of this plan?

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Post  atul Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:17 pm

Okay then. I'll have Destruction and won't need to be worrying too much about fire auras either.

I move to 51 now. From there on it's Abysian territory, 88 on turn 18, 109 on turn 19 and capital 114 on turn 20.

I'll recruit Deep Ones from my capital this turn and start moving them on. 61 on turn 18, 73 on turn 19, 91 on turn 20, and next to capital at 116 on turn 21 to provide a retreat route in case things go south in the siege.

I don't know where Agartha is, but I'd assume quite near the path of my initial army. So the second army is there just in case the first path gets conquered.

C'tis is taking a bit longer, and in case they won't hole up but fight Ironhawk has an army 3 turns away from C'tis capital. Chased by Sauromatia's 130 archers, but if they come that up north Niefelheim might be able to say something to their existence.

atul

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironhawk Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:19 pm

From various discussions that have been held today - it looks like Vanjarls with poison rings and possibly a shield or a reinvig item might be required. I'll run some tests tonight and see just how well the strat works. And, really, just how little equipment I can get by with. If it does work tho, that would be a real silver lining on the Sauro advance. Cause if I dont need an army to fight him, I can still send my men up to harass CTis.

Ironhawk

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDemon Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:11 pm

Poison immune EKs with a shockwave strategy and air shield will also work wonders in this situation. Was talking to someone who had sucess with a similar strat as TNN in test games vs hundreds of sauro archers. I'll see about scrounging up some nature gems.

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Post  lingchih Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:56 pm

Mictlan's troops in 127 consist of his prophet, a Priest King, 12 sun warriors, about a dozen warrior bodyguards, and a handful of slaves. His bless is F9N6B8. My Jarl ran because I had too much PD in there (10), and the sun warriors ran right through them. The Jarl never fought.

The Jarl in 106 is moving to take 127. My prophet and the other Jarl in the north are moving into 106 this turn, and can move to 127 after that. The Jarls will be equipped with fire brands and charcoal shields.

In the south, the Jarls in 34 (2) are now equipped with snake rings and fire brands, and are moving to 14 to re-start the offensive. The two (formerly) trapped Jarls are moving into 34 to get their brands. I am one brand short at this point. They already have snake rings.

The Jarl in the cap is moving north this turn, but I'm open to moving him south instead. Kind of a toss-up really.

C'tis took back the barely PD'd 259 with 2 sauromancers, about 30 something shades, and 18 elite warriors. He also moved a similarly composed force into 272. So I have quite a few C'tis troops on my doorstep, but should be able to beat them back. His sauros are firing shadow bolts now.

Recruiting one new Jarl and 15 skinshifters this turn, so two fire brands next would be nice, although one will do.

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Post  lingchih Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:29 pm

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Post  lingchih Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:35 pm

OK. I'm going to assume that two more fire brands are coming next turn, and going ahead and equipping my Jarl going north out of the cap with the remaining fire brand and charcoal shield. Please correct me if I am wrong.

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Post  atul Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:32 pm

sorry, only a brand and shield coming up.

atul

Back to top Go down

Post  lingchih Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:17 pm

atul wrote:sorry, only a brand and shield coming up.

Actually, that works just fine.

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironhawk Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:37 pm

https://i.servimg.com/u/f87/13/77/31/44/helhei15.jpg

I ran some tests and I look pretty solid against even the combined forces of CTis's two armies. So I sent every available man to the ambush in Troll's Peak. Hopefully CTis will attack there and I can wipe out his entire southern garrison at a stroke. That'd be a treat! If he doesnt attack, I'll press ahead regardless since I actually need to keep those regular forces away from the approaching Sauro army.

The plan for that Sauro army is the, as yet untested (by me), one of using light kitted Vanjarls against them. I'm pretty sure I have enough Vanjarls but even so I have like 3 turns or so before he reaches anything significant to build up and test. One other point of concern is that Sauro has another set of Hydras wandering around his lands somewhere.

In other news, I am raiding the prov west of CTis's second fort which has only a single Commander and no PD. Odd but hey I will take it. Bringing up my Dis out of Sauro lands with thier crazy PD to form up with the main army or raid softer CTis provs.

Ironhawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down