Team Vet HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Turn 2 thread

+2
namad
lingchih
6 posters

Go down

Turn 2 thread Empty Turn 2 thread

Post  lingchih Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:53 pm

Nice job on the shipwreckers Demon.

Well, I have Lion Tribe and Deer Tribe indies right next to me, so breaking into Nature will not be a problem.
Getting a Grand Thaum and 9 vestals this turn, to make my second army, so no money to spare. I will have money for whoever needs it next turn though, barring some catastrophic event.

Elephant Corps is out there, but I certainly cannot afford them.

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Turn 2 thread Empty i have spare gold this turn but i have no real need of the elephants

Post  namad Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:01 pm

i have spare gold this turn but i have no real need of the elephants and in fact almost all of my surplus gold should be gone after next turn. (feel free to comment on the nature of cockblocking the elephants from the noob team)

who will have cons2 first? (to send the gems to)

i am recruiting my third expansion army this turn however there are indies adjacent to my capital already which will be too difficult for one of these small parties to handle alone... however this occurred in all test games and often to a stronger degree than in this game

Last edited by namad on Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

namad

Back to top Go down

Turn 2 thread Empty Re: Turn 2 thread

Post  TheDemon Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:06 pm

Ship Wreckers came with a Sword of Sharpness ??? and heroic toughness. Which is interesting as I have a minor nature bless. This turn's mercs are the almightly Elephant Corps. Sending 371 gold to Eriu.

Attacking 89. Thau 1 done.

C'tis has an SC. I'm not well-versed in the titles but looks like he has high dom and nature magic.

Arco and Caelum have research pretenders, perhaps great sages. Argatha, Jomon and Machaka have awake pretenders capable of research.

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Post  atul Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:57 pm

Nothing special to report. Unsurprising indies all around, one HI, tribals and 2 barbarians, sending in first expansion party against HI province in order to get a site for indy commander recruits. Building Van expansion party next.

atul

Back to top Go down

Post  Baalz Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:57 pm

Nothing special here either, with the extra gold from Demon I'm expecting to start construction on my second castle turn after next (turn 4). Heh, I didn't realize we were playing with easy research and extra money, my opening is gonna be blistering. If I can get a little more spare change over the next two turns I should be able to start castle three on turn 5 and be popping out 3 cloud trapeze ready thugs per turn with all their needed research by turn 9. So, send out your scouts and advise me of good targets. Also, I'll probably be burning through the A gems at that point so hoard them if you don't have anything critical to use them on.

Baalz

Back to top Go down

Post  Baalz Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:09 pm

Oh, also wanted to point out Bandar's dominion didn't rise at all turn one, indicating a non awake pretender and a low dominion score. This is a prime candidate for Vanheim to port in and blood sacrifice for a dominion kill, potentially before then end of year one when sleeping pretenders wake. Whoever runs into Bandar first assign extra priority to scouting them. Speaking of which, is astral window in anybody's short term goal list? Could help a lot in nabbing us an early kill. Astral projection is an easy alternative against non astral nations.

Baalz

Back to top Go down

Post  DrPraetor Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:42 pm

Hitting prov 245 with my initial army, starting to recruit an expansion force (heavy cav).

I could get the elephants if people wish but am disinclined to bother, the amphibious case was worrisome but we've got ten enemies they're going to kill a lot of indies nothing we can do about that.

Sending 330 gp to Eriu this turn - can switch to someone else if desperate for more cash, and/or can bid on the elephants if it's worth the trouble.

Oh, got a 10-water gems event this turn.

DrPraetor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down