Team Vet HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Turn 27. Ashdod has been sieged, I've lost a battle, BUT my setup allowing for routing safely off the field of battle kept all my SCs alive.

2 posters

Go down

Turn 27.  Ashdod has been sieged, I've lost a battle, BUT my setup allowing for routing safely off the field of battle kept all my SCs alive. Empty Turn 27. Ashdod has been sieged, I've lost a battle, BUT my setup allowing for routing safely off the field of battle kept all my SCs alive.

Post  namad Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:57 pm

Turn 27. Ashdod has been sieged, I've lost a battle, BUT my setup allowing for routing safely off the field of battle kept all my SCs alive.

I'd like atul's .trn or a screenshot of his pythium foothold... so that I can plan how likely he is to be destorying undefended temples versus how defended the temples really are versus do I need to attack any of them myself.

Watching the battle in province 320 will be simpler than reading this paragraph:

(120 more dead pythium troops but i lost the battle because he guessed which side of the field I would be on.... (actually i flipped what side i was on and he did nothing and i flipped into the hydras... having guessed he'd flip... stupid me)) half the hydras died the others managed to rout my scs... and the 120dead chaff were all standing behind the hydras... if i had been attacking from the other side he'd have lost no hydras probably but all his troops?

OH now it's clear the hydras didn't really beat up on my scs... they just stacked so many fear auras they won the day... i hope no one learns to start using false horrors on me

also i am thinking of using my new prophet as an ultimate weapon... he is h3e3f1 with a flame helmet or 1fire gem per turn he can buff phx pyre +summon earthpower+invulernability+bless hrmm and if he only fights in my capital he'll have like 70-100hp and 10% regen nutty nutty stuff, right? (I think for one more turn he might stay on research though for phx pyre acquirement purpose)

as far as attack plans I'm split off from my capital but... I should be able to attack 320 with 4scs and attack my own capital with 1sc (then I win in 320, and rout in my capital) having all 5in 320 to attack back into my capital before the storming.. pythium is actually pairing labs with his temples and recruiting lots of tribal n1 mages.... lots of labs and temples that we could maybe make use of if... well if we weren't doing so poorly in the north

due to being broke my capital had 0pd though and so my scouting report on c'tis forces is a little outdated... plus my scout that was being used to track reinforcements died in an attack designed to gain intelligence (a poor choice on my part I let all my scouts attack and retreat on a turn when i was fairly sure my capital wouldn't be mine and they would die.. stupid stupid me)

namad

Back to top Go down

Turn 27.  Ashdod has been sieged, I've lost a battle, BUT my setup allowing for routing safely off the field of battle kept all my SCs alive. Empty Re: Turn 27. Ashdod has been sieged, I've lost a battle, BUT my setup allowing for routing safely off the field of battle kept all my SCs alive.

Post  TheDemon Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:34 am

So as you guys can tell from the banter in the shrapnel thread I lost a harbinger. To fire drakes. Because an arrow (the only one fired that round, from a normal shortbow) killed my mage that was going to cast fire fend the next round.

Arco deployed a poorly kitted female Titan pretender against me, but it has immunities to fire cold and lightning and flies and attacks first round. Definitely designed for SC hunting. And it didn't even kill its target. Actually watching the battle I would say my harbigner and it were more or less evenly matched. Certainly they are now that it no longer has the dominion bonus.

I'll post pics tomorrow, I'm really tired today.

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Turn 27.  Ashdod has been sieged, I've lost a battle, BUT my setup allowing for routing safely off the field of battle kept all my SCs alive. Empty Re: Turn 27. Ashdod has been sieged, I've lost a battle, BUT my setup allowing for routing safely off the field of battle kept all my SCs alive.

Post  namad Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:24 pm

do we need to move this game to 60-72hours ?

It's taking people longer to post or communicate about things...

namad

Back to top Go down

Turn 27.  Ashdod has been sieged, I've lost a battle, BUT my setup allowing for routing safely off the field of battle kept all my SCs alive. Empty Unless I hear otherwise:

Post  namad Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:59 pm

Unless I hear otherwise:

I will burn down the lab in 329. Attack 320 with 4scs. Leave a well geared sc inside my capital because next turn I will have phx pyre and next turn I will have a clear picture of the sieging force (attacking my capital with a scout and retreating hopefully safely with the scout to 320). Originally the sc was going to attack my capital and rout alive to 320 but, I worry about 18mr versus paralyze. I'm forging a pendant of luck this turn, preaching pointlessly with a couple poor researchers (dom death defense plan), casting arouse hunger twice to get some ghouls to repair walls with, and finishing alt7.

more antimagic amulets and/or lucky coins might end up being useful... or I can just transfer the better gear from afflicted guys to unafflicted guys ... (check my turn files).

Also, I am curious about atul using 340 as a gateway province, so if he replies with a screenshot to let me see the intelligence and tells me what he thinks I should do in that regard... maybe I could break off an sc to clear that temple away if he isn't doing it this turn... but I think it might be undefended so maybe he can clear it himself this turn? who knows... I definitely need to stay aggressive on temples as the game progresses though.

EDIT:
I've resubmitted a version in which I attack 340 with 1sc and 320 with 3scs.
I alch 1fire gem for 5pd in 329 (which should easily be able to defeat a single deer tribe shaman, which is the greatest threat to that province that I am currently aware of)

all other facts should hopefully remain unchanged

namad

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDemon Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:27 am

Arco's Titan. No buffs scripted currently.

Turn 27.  Ashdod has been sieged, I've lost a battle, BUT my setup allowing for routing safely off the field of battle kept all my SCs alive. 10gxt74

Attacks:
65 (jotunheim)
78 (machaka on my sieged fort)
48 (arco)
106 (jotunheim's pretender)

Click for full:
Turn 27.  Ashdod has been sieged, I've lost a battle, BUT my setup allowing for routing safely off the field of battle kept all my SCs alive. 2vsor4y

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Turn 27.  Ashdod has been sieged, I've lost a battle, BUT my setup allowing for routing safely off the field of battle kept all my SCs alive. Empty nevermind oops

Post  namad Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:18 am

nevermind oops

namad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down