Team Vet HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Turn 1 thread

5 posters

Go down

Turn 1 thread Empty Turn 1 thread

Post  TheDemon Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:36 am

I think copying the noob's format from game 1 is pretty sensible: a new thread for each turn, post a new thread whenever there's a new turn (and lock the old one if possible). Sure, some turns we won't have much to discuss and a lot of stuff will happen in the IRC channel, but this will be somewhere to keep track of info permanently.

I have no spare gold this turn, but might next turn.

Mercs for this turn are the fishermen, IMO pretty useless as most mercs are.

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Turn 1 thread Empty Re: Turn 1 thread

Post  atul Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:55 am

I agree on the topic usage, though thread locking is probably unnecessary.

I probably have like 50 gold extra, any takers? It not, well aquatic mercs are rare, though I'm at work and can't check them atm...

atul

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDemon Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:03 am

The Fishermen
1 Ichtyid Lord
25 Ichtyid
Base Price: 120

Good: They have nets
Bad: Everything else I guess

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Post  atul Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:17 am

TheDemon wrote:The Fishermen
1 Ichtyid Lord
25 Ichtyid
Base Price: 120

Good: They have nets
Bad: Everything else I guess
meh. Had thought them cheaper. Alot cheaper.

atul

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironhawk Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:21 am

The real advantage of the Fishermen is access to the water. Presumably the noobs will hire them, since they will want to press into the drink as fast as possible while the NAP still protects them from counterattack.

And really, 120 for 25 units isnt really a bad deal, so long as you dont have to keep hiring them.

Ironhawk

Back to top Go down

Post  atul Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:57 am

Yeah thought about the water stuff. Though 25 net fishmen aren't going to win against anything else than nude tritons.

But the thing is, at least if they're following the strategy they did in game 1, someone's paying 400 for those mercs this turn. And I don't think anyone of us can top that.

atul

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironhawk Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:34 pm

Well the fishermen would presumably be in addition to some national aquatic troops of some kind. 400gp tho is crazy. They are welcome to them at that price.

You bring up a good point about the staggering income difference b/w our teams tho. Just by default they will have 2x our gold. Probably more. Which is why we should make every effort to really slaughter some noobs early on. Each player we kill will cause a big gold dip for them and also fracture thier morale.

Ironhawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironhawk Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:48 pm

Oh hey another thing I was thinking - havent checked the map recently, but we should review the locations of the scripted sites in our area. See if we need to rush any. Didnt someone need astral mages?

Ironhawk

Back to top Go down

Post  lingchih Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:33 pm

My Gygas come with a chance at astral, up to level 2, but I won't be buying many of those guys. Would be great to find a nice Lizard hangout.

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironhawk Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:42 pm

I can probably spare like 30gp if the need is great. Let me know...

Ironhawk

Back to top Go down

Post  lingchih Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:33 am

Gosh, you are so generous Ironhawk. Thanks.

Did I not say repeatedly that I need 200 gold a turn? You guys talked me into Niefelhiem. And I made a build that would work, but only with a lot of gold sent to me.

Sorry... venting. But I really want to win this game.

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Post  lingchih Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:39 am

Sorry, I don't want to piss anyone off. I often do so. But do you all not want Niefelhiem to succeed? I can build SCs from turn 2. That is the point of using Nief, is it not? Send money, I build Jarls. Nuff said.

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Post  atul Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:51 am

IIRC you didn't repeatedly say anything about 200 gold. But, already sent my excess for the turn your way. Niefel should be able to expand quite fast to size where you can afford Jarls on your own.

atul

Back to top Go down

Post  lingchih Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:01 am

Sorry, maybe I said it on IRC, when you were not there. I don't want to get off on a bad start... we are all friends here, no? Just saying, Nief needs money.

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Post  atul Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:13 am

And money Nief gets. Turn 1 is just a bit iffy in that department in general.

I should get to farmlands to south on turn 3, leaving the farms between our positions to you.

atul

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironhawk Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:14 am

Nief or Hinnom? They are both our gold hogs

Ironhawk

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDemon Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:02 am

My expenses are a fixed 400+upkeep a turn. No more, no less. It just so happens that turn 1 you start with..... 400. So you can expect regular contributions in the future mr niefel"gold hog"heim Very Happy

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Post  atul Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:17 am

Ironhawk wrote:Oh hey another thing I was thinking - havent checked the map recently, but we should review the locations of the scripted sites in our area. See if we need to rush any. Didnt someone need astral mages?

Astral mages are always good. I get 1/4 random in my Mages of the Deeps, but not more. Reviewed sites also, none yield indy commanders and not many worth mentioning, except for #173 which has 50% discount in Ench. Go that way, Niefel, fetch!

Scripted sites with their properties worth mention (might have some gems too):
#2 Tempest Spire (20% evoc)
#3 Golden Woods (gems)
#5 #10 #277 20% evoc site, summon winter wolves
#33 Academy of crescent moon (free lab, gems)
#39 summon site for Draconians
#60 20% ench site
#104 Silver forest (gems, money)
#125 Well of all waters (water mage scrying)
#139 The world pillar (5 gems per turn)
#151 Chillisick swamp (free disease)

#173 Oak of Ages (!!!!!!! 50% ENCH !!!!!!)

#208 Volcano (heat, gems)
#209 Skull Temple (summon longdead archer/horsemen)
#279 Red Forest (gems)

atul

Back to top Go down

Post  lingchih Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:48 pm

Nice research of the sites atul. Thanks!

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Post  Micah Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:00 am

Are you guys using a modded map? There are at least the crescent guys available on the base Orania map, which differs from Atul's statement about no indy commanders being available. Plus they get 1.25S picks, so they might be helpful for some nations.

Micah

Back to top Go down

Post  atul Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:16 pm

Micah wrote:Are you guys using a modded map? There are at least the crescent guys available on the base Orania map, which differs from Atul's statement about no indy commanders being available. Plus they get 1.25S picks, so they might be helpful for some nations.

No, we're using the normal map. It's just that at least in my version of Edi's dom3 database (3.17) doesn't list any crescent guys to be recruitable from Academy of Crescent Moon. I wondered about that one, thanks for letting us know.

Sorry guys, my intel's spotty!

atul

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down