Team Vet HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Turn 22 Thread

4 posters

Go down

Turn 22 Thread Empty Turn 22 Thread

Post  lingchih Sun May 03, 2009 4:42 am

Well, I finally fell asleep a little before the host, but it appears that QM did TheDemon's turn for him. Many thanks, QM!

And what do you know, it appears that the noobs actually did a bunch of noobish things this turn! At any rate, C'tis did not move on my cap, but instead raided a minor forest prov. And Lanka, instead of using that massive army to take my castle in 106, actually turned-tail and ran... back towards his cap.

Anyway, I'll post more later. But a much better turn for me. Oh, the cap is in even worse shape, with one more Rain of Toads come down, I'm at 124 unrest now, even with patrolling and no taxes. But I lost no major ground, just a bit of raiding.

The shade army that was sieging 34 moved to 37, leaving just a scout to siege. (Not a bad move for a noob). I'll let you handle breaking it Atul, since the shades might come back, who knows.

Oh, and if anyone has any blood slaves they are not using, please send them to me. I hit const 4 this turn, and need to make a dousing rod. I am moving into Blood research next.

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Turn 22 Thread Empty Re: Turn 22 Thread

Post  lingchih Sun May 03, 2009 5:26 pm

South-central Neifelheim:

https://i.servimg.com/u/f86/13/76/96/87/nief-s13.jpg

North Niefelheim:

https://i.servimg.com/u/f86/13/76/96/87/nief-n12.jpg

I plan on defending everywhere this turn, and letting the raiders raid for now. If anyone sees a move I should make, let me know. I'm recruiting militia all around the cap for patrollers, recruiting one Gygja, and building a lab in 14.

And atul, those shades might double back on that castle, so watch out.

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironhawk Sun May 03, 2009 9:16 pm

Fairly unremarkable turn for me. I abandoned my archers and went stealth into the 2nd CTis fort. CTis's main army attacked where I was at 246. My PD and archers killed off all his longdead horse and a couple of shades. So, I'm now in position at the fort but a little hesitant to attack with that big force sitting just a prov off - I suppose I should have anticipated that.

Sauro pulled ANOTHER 12 hydras from his magic hat and put them alongside his crazy PD in 254. Now, I believe my Wailing Winds / Hangdrott+Vanjarl plan to rout them will still work, however if he attacks me (instead of idling) with the hydras again I will pay a high price to hold the province because the only ground troops I would have to finish off the hydras would be helhirds and valks. That would be a real shame - not cost effective at all.

An unusual thing happened this turn tho: I killed off one of CTis's sauromancers and a handful of shades in 12. Vanlade and a Dis shot up there in a surprise attack with some archers and valks and apparently caught him with his pants down. The thing is - i dont know where these guys could have come from as I control all the territory b/w there and CTis? Ling did you break up the shade force?

Oh - no toads in my cap either. Good call on not pre-emptively lowering my taxes.

On the topic of stopping the raiders, my Vanjarl/Svartalf force is ready to leave the cap. Ling you say that the force moved into prov 24, right? If so I will move my force to 17 and pick up a handful of archers. This will put them into position to counterattack if they try and take your prov 35.

Ironhawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironhawk Sun May 03, 2009 9:21 pm

BTW - if we want to start killing off Mictlan blood operations, I have spotted 2 Rain Priests in 217. I am in position to attack them, however if Mictlan has Summon Imps scripted, my men will be killed. Perhaps some Seeking Arrows are in order?

Ironhawk

Back to top Go down

Post  lingchih Sun May 03, 2009 9:37 pm

I'm attacking 105 too. I'm tired of having abysia use up that forest next to my castle.

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Post  atul Sun May 03, 2009 11:57 pm

Mictlan attacked the force sieging Abysia, but thanks to Seeking Arrows only with half strength. Easily repelled, and now I can storm the fort. Yay, wish me luck!

Other than that, not much. Vanheim took 212, I got Evo5, going for Const6 next.

Storming Aby, freeing Nief's sieged castle, building troops. Pretty soon I should have force big enough to matter that I can bring to surface on Ermor/C'tis if need be. Also, got a smaller force in the other sea in case Sauromatia/Vanheim need to be dealt with.

After this turn I should've sent quite a few Hammers so you guys can forge stuff I can't (air, luck ammys, stuff). I could use a Thistle Mace (now) and Crystal Coin (in 2 turns) if anyone can forge them.

And, as always, requests can be made for forgings or instafreezes.

atul

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDemon Mon May 04, 2009 12:11 am

Thanks for the cover you guys provided. Moving wasn't that tricky but the internet here is wireless only and my normal dom3 computer didn't have a wireless card. I had to wait until I unpacked my CD and manual to install it on my netbook. Anyway, I'm pretty busy the next few days so if you guys want to continue taking my turns, that's fine. I can take turns but I doubt I'll be able to hang on IRC much if at all.

If you guys are still dealing with rain of toads spam, Caelum has Hurricane if you want to retaliate.

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDemon Mon May 04, 2009 12:36 am

I've just had a look at the turn timer. If you could do this turn for me, then switch emails after it hosts, that would be ideal. Thanks again.

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironhawk Mon May 04, 2009 4:42 pm

Ironhawk wrote:On the topic of stopping the raiders, my Vanjarl/Svartalf force is ready to leave the cap. Ling you say that the force moved into prov 24, right? If so I will move my force to 17 and pick up a handful of archers. This will put them into position to counterattack if they try and take your prov 35.

Ling, I cant tell from your post. Did you still want me to do this? If you dont then I will send these men to the front instead.

Ironhawk

Back to top Go down

Post  lingchih Mon May 04, 2009 6:24 pm

Ironhawk wrote:
Ironhawk wrote:On the topic of stopping the raiders, my Vanjarl/Svartalf force is ready to leave the cap. Ling you say that the force moved into prov 24, right? If so I will move my force to 17 and pick up a handful of archers. This will put them into position to counterattack if they try and take your prov 35.

Ling, I cant tell from your post. Did you still want me to do this? If you dont then I will send these men to the front instead.

Yes, please. I don't really have anyone around to counter them right now.

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down