Team Vet HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Turn 26 thread

4 posters

Go down

Turn 26 thread Empty Turn 26 thread

Post  lingchih Sun May 10, 2009 4:56 pm

A relatively good turn.

C'tis shade army is still in 65. That's two turns now, so I think he is castling it. But there is little I can do about it. Looks like he bought some trolls too. I got one more Toads on the cap, but unrest is down to 129.

I have a disease amulet carrying Black servant hiding in 14, killed 300 this turn. But the mountain citadel is up. 800 walls. It should be a good base for me. There was no action from Ermor or C'tis on that front.

In Lanka's cap, his Great Sage attacked my siege with an army of 85 units, and 15 commanders. I killed all 85 units, and 2 minor mages. His pretender got away. He is sitting in 169 now, with a handful of bandar commanders. That was the only action in the north. I'm sending a siege army up that way now, and an extra Jarl is going in.

From the score graphs, that would appear to be about all Lanka had left. His army is gone.

Oh, C'tis tried an arouse hunger on one of my provs, and found out the 10 Nief PD is at least good enough to kill a bunch of ghouls.

And I could use it a little colder here in the Lanka cap. My Jarls are melting.

Last edited by lingchih on Sun May 10, 2009 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Turn 26 thread Empty Re: Turn 26 thread

Post  lingchih Sun May 10, 2009 7:33 pm

The trolls are mercs. Just noticed after Hawk pointed it out. Never mind.

And I'm bidding on Rozuls Red Raptors, for my cap.

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironhawk Sun May 10, 2009 7:52 pm

https://i.servimg.com/u/f87/13/77/31/44/helhei20.jpg

The first round of my surprise attack was a complete success. CTis cap was defended only by PD, as anticipated. All other territorial attacks were also successful with no losses. And the cherry on the cake is that, as hoped, CTis appears to have ordered the majority of his troops out into the field. He now has two large forces out there, the original one (reinforced to 160 Runners, Slave Warriors, and Serpent Dancers) @ 247 and a mostly shade army (140 Shades, Runners, Dis. Spirits, and Vinemen) @ 259. He also purchased a lot of PD which is unusual for him and means he really did think that my Sauro force was intended for him.

My assumption now is that CTis moved out too many men from his capital and will be unable to break seige w/o the help of his exterior armies. He will likely form his men up in 247 this turn and then attack next turn. My plan is to scout-siege the province and use my army to preemptively attack 247 and hopefully cut off all retreat routes. While 6:1 odds are pretty drastically unfavorable, I am counting on Wailing Winds to rout most of his men before he can overwhelm me. If that works and I cut off retreats it will be a deathblow for CTis.

I'm fairly sure of this plan however I welcome input on it since such a huge battle comes with a great deal of risk. Let me know what you think...

Ironhawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironhawk Sun May 10, 2009 8:07 pm

In other news, I'm pretty sure I'll be facing starvation when I launch my attack on the Sauro Circle Master fort this turn. I believe that QM ordered 4 wineskins last round - is there any possibility that I could intercept one of those?

Ironhawk

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDemon Mon May 11, 2009 2:29 am

Bad turn for me.

First, I got hit by 12 seeking arrows (one commander and one EK died) and Mictlan took 123 from me with a Horror + Scout.

Then,
In the East, 174 one of my staging provs, was hit by a Vanheim glamor army. I lost 51/61 archers and 2 EKs. Van lost 36/59 troops and most of the rest routed, he has maybe 15 left there.
That meant that my main attack on 170 was short most of my archers, so I got beaten and lost 12 mammoths and change, fortunately no EKs. Vanheim lost 61/219 troops, all his calvary and half his glamor troops, but has 73 archers, a squad of indep amazons, and various other troops remaining.

TC also has an army on the border.

In the West, Sauro retreated to clean up my raiding so I took 163 back with no losses.

So the plan for this turn: regroup my Eastern force in my fort, send the West group East to retake 174. This turn has re-confirmed that I'm terrible at army management, so I'll be switching back to specialized mage squads. I finish alt 6 too, so I have false horror and frozen heart available, and I've been forging Wall Shakers to spam quickened panic.

Can anyone forge a death booster other than skull staff? I could really use a wailing winds caster... I can supply the gems.

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Post  atul Mon May 11, 2009 9:42 am

I took out both 69 and 101 from Agartha with no losses, it would seem he's retreating to his castles. QM, I don't have eyes to Agartha's west, so you probably know better what happens there. I'm combining my armies at 87 right next to Agartha and bringing in some new guys to raid the coast at 40 or 48 (unless QM has some plans there?).

Mictlan took 116 with his handful of Jag Warriors, I'm following those with my army at 131.

Sauromatia now has some 30 units on his fort at 189, which gives me a bit of a pause. Should I attack somewhere else with my army currently at 203? I could try cut Sauro's retreat by taking 221 if Ironhawk attacks this turn. IH, please, your thoughts.

Still a bit wary of 65.

Sending 4 frost brands and 3 vine bags to Hinnom, 2 shields of gleaming gold, 1 girdle and 1 snake ring to Helheim, 1 gate cleaver to Niefelheim. Freezing Lanka capital and 247.

atul

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironhawk Mon May 11, 2009 10:58 am

Atul, dont bother cutting the retreat from the Sauro Circle Master prov. He has only like some handful of archers there along with probably 12 hydra or so. And those are all up in the castle, not patrolling. I expect that the battle there will be solely vs PD - so nothing really interesting to catch fleeing.

About attacking the other sauro fort: If you are fairly certain you can beat the PD without undue losses I think you should. Having two forts of his under lockdown would really put a clamp on his production and ability to react.

Lastly, youve listed the "Lanka Capital" as 247 - I dont have the map in front of me but I believe that is incorrect. I think that 247 is the CTis province where I plan to have my major battle with him?

Ironhawk

Back to top Go down

Post  atul Mon May 11, 2009 11:58 am

Ironhawk wrote:Lastly, youve listed the "Lanka Capital" as 247 - I dont have the map in front of me but I believe that is incorrect. I think that 247 is the CTis province where I plan to have my major battle with him?
Lanka capital and 247. One sub-zero for you, other for Ling.

I'll try the fort at 189 then. Worst case, I lose my pretender. And if magicless Wyrm never bites it during a game it just means he's been underutilized. :E

atul

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironhawk Mon May 11, 2009 12:11 pm

Oh, AND. Gotcha Smile

Ironhawk

Back to top Go down

Post  lingchih Mon May 11, 2009 8:20 pm

Lanka cap is 158, in case there is any confusion on the matter.

Thanks Atul

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironhawk Tue May 12, 2009 1:46 am

Just sent my turn in. Two major attacks. One could be the deathblow for CTis. Wish me luck, boys!!

Ironhawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down