Team Vet HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Turn 24 Thread

3 posters

Go down

Turn 24 Thread Empty Turn 24 Thread

Post  Ironhawk Thu May 07, 2009 11:12 am

Finally got Ench 4 this turn so its Cloud Trapping and Longdead Horse time. The longdead horse in particular will be handy because Sauro has castled the Circle Master province so I'll need to fight a real battle there. Tho I suppose the walls of a castle would work against him under a Wailing Winds situation. Anyway, once the horses get to the front I'll go on the offensive there. Sauros raiders in 188 did not advance and seem to just be sitting there. I will run some tests and if it looks positive I'll cloud trap a vanjarl onto them.

Ctis is apparently relaxing his guard because he split up his main force to clean up some raided provinces. I have a feeling he thinks that I retreated back to my own territory to fight Sauro - which is not an unreasonable thing to assume. In fact, Vanlade is now on the other side of the river and 2 provs away from the cap. CTis has learned to put 1PD in his provs (finally!) so no more scout-captures for me, but still it makes for a positive raiding situation. Additionally, CTis caught a scout of mine at his cap and as anticipated, he is not patrolling with his garrison, only his PD. Signs are looking good for an attack.

Atul - I will cloud trap a vanjarl onto the Silver Order prov this turn. If you dont mind, I would like to recruit one before I hand the province over to you. Thanks for the money, too!

Demon - thanks for the seeking arrows, you pinned the CTis raiders before they could burn down lings temple. I wiped them out completely 51/51. For some reason there was randomly a load of Foul Spawn there as well. Shrug. They are dead now too. I'll start working those counter-raiders back towards the fronts in the west.

Ironhawk

Back to top Go down

Turn 24 Thread Empty Re: Turn 24 Thread

Post  lingchih Thu May 07, 2009 7:40 pm

Some nice victories. All Jarls won their battles, and no Jarls were killed in the making of this turn. Very Happy

Ermor, as expected, attacked 14 with his large army from 11. He was annihilated, of course, though I lost a few more skinshifters than I would have liked. I killed 130 something of his men and summons, and two mages. About 90% of that army. I plan on counter-attacking from there, now that the need for defense is gone.

In the north, I won both 135 against Mictlan (lots of sacreds, no one to bless them, sigh), and 156 against Lanka. Lanka left me a nice present in the form of a still-standing Lab, and Enchantress's to recruit.

In the homelands, things are not so good. I got two rain of toads this turn, and unrest is up over 150. Also, C'tis snuck and extra army of 40 shades led by a black servant into 65, and took it. So now I have them right next to my cap. The already known army of shades took 49. Can you take one or both back for me Atul?
The Black Servant is carrying a rod of the leper king.

My cap is fairly safe, although kind of useless right now. Two shade killing equipped Jarls are patrolling there.

The Abysian army in 105 is now led (he may have been there before) by an Anathemant Salamander. He seems ripe for some seeking arrows.

I'll post more after I think about it a bit. I really have no idea where specifically to attack this turn.

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Post  lingchih Thu May 07, 2009 8:07 pm

OK. I'm attacking Ermor in 11, C'tis in 273, the Lanka cap in 158.

Freezing any or all of those provs would be nice. The prophet is staying put and preaching, since he is way out of Dom now and pretty weak. As far as my homelands, I'm just staying put and hopefully letting Atul and Ironhawk clear out those raiders for me.

Recruiting some Gygjas and Skratti, and whatever troops I can snag up. I have some money left over if anyone needs it. Atul, thistle mace is coming your way, and 10 water gems. I could use one more charcoal shield if you can manage, but that's all I need this turn.

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Post  lingchih Thu May 07, 2009 9:47 pm

Oh, and can someone seeking arrow 49 and 65? Need to slow down those shade armies.

thanks

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironhawk Thu May 07, 2009 11:27 pm

Turns out that the Banes are more problematic for Vanjarls than I'd expected. I wont be attacking the Sauro raiders. I'll just let them come up thru skull island if they want and face them with helhirds which is a sure thing, instead.

Also, it looks like Sauro is finally learning his lesson, he has only 10 pd in the circle master prov which is too few for my Wailing Winds trick (thank goodness I didnt press the attack last round!!). So I'm summoning up the longdead horse, buying some chaff and getting ready for a regular offensive.

On the CTis/Nief raiding front, I am attacking Nief's 47 to try and preempt one or both of the raiders. Wish me luck.

Atul - do NOT forge me the rime hauberk. I wont need it.

Oh, one last thing: the Wolfkin Reaver mercs are up for recruitment. Do we want them? Or better phrased: do we want to deny them to the noobs?? They are all stealth, arent they? Could be problematic if recruited into the right hands.

Ironhawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironhawk Thu May 07, 2009 11:30 pm

lingchih wrote:Oh, and can someone seeking arrow 49 and 65? Need to slow down those shade armies.

Ling if you pin the shades in those provs them my preemptive attack will only hit your PD since the enemy will not move. I'm fine with that if you choose that path, but please let me know so I can send my counter-raiders elsewhere.

Ironhawk

Back to top Go down

Post  lingchih Fri May 08, 2009 12:18 am

We have no idea if the enemy will not move, so please hit my prov. I would rather have friendly forces in the area.

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDemon Fri May 08, 2009 1:02 am

lingchih wrote:Oh, and can someone seeking arrow 49 and 65? Need to slow down those shade armies.

thanks

I can do this, but seeking arrow will not hit armies that hide or sneak away. It'd only be effective against armies who can't sneak. Also I need specifics (hitpoints and #s) on both armies' commanders.

And one other potential seeking arrow target: Lanka moved his army of Bandar (77 total bandar of varying types) to 184 to deal with a raided prov. It has one commander, a 23-hp bandar. If I kill the commander, Lanka won't have any wall defenders at all in his cap except this turn's recruitment.

lingchih wrote:The Abysian army in 105 is now led (he may have been there before) by an Anathemant Salamander. He seems ripe for some seeking arrows.

That's part of the PD, unless he is on your scouting report.

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Post  lingchih Fri May 08, 2009 6:53 pm

Yeah, forget the seeking arrows. Bad idea. Thanks though.

And yes, I did not realize the anathemant was part of the PD, but it is.

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDemon Fri May 08, 2009 7:51 pm

some pics since it's been a while

West (Lanka, Mictlan, Sauro):
https://2img.net/h/oi41.tinypic.com/2heeefd.jpg

As you can see, Mictlan is right after Lanka's cap with summons and sacreds, Lanka's army moved out of his cap but might move back. I don't think arrowing it is worth the cost, it isn't a very big or challenging army.

East (Vanheim, TC)
https://2img.net/h/oi44.tinypic.com/v4nd3o.jpg

Vanheim's armies are sneaking around, so I'm going to set up some traps. The TC lightning immune army pictured can fly, so it's a nasty piece of work. I'm working on a solution, I might even win if I were to engage it now, but who knows for sure. Frozen Heart, Freezing Mist, quickened Panic spam, and False Horror are all in the works.

I plan on going hard on the offensive against Vanheim not this turn but next turn. Caelum as good counters for glamored troops as you can get.

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down