Team Vet HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Turn 10 Thread

3 posters

Go down

Turn 10 Thread Empty Turn 10 Thread

Post  atul Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:40 am

So, turn 10, the month lights are shut off all over Orania (or whatever this map was called).

For some reason I'm unable to make an account on that image hosting site (it doesn't allow gmail?), so a verbal description is all you get for now.

I took the last remains of my starting ocean, netting a border with Abysia who has #91. The whole northern coast is still in the hands of indies from that province to Hinnom's lands (#40).

South, C'tis capital (#260) has 50 hostile units, Serpent Dacers, City Guards, LIs and Elite warriors. Also, C'tis just took #275 which contains about 60 units (Serpent Dacers, LIs and Elite warriors). C'tis has whole coast to that province, but I can't see any other of his troops.

West from C'tis along the coast is Ermor, he just conquered #2 (had already #264). He's just got both the mercs he has recruited in #2.

I also border Fomoria, who has #237 and #262, no troops to be seen in either.

I took #203, putting me next to Sauromatia who has #204 and #189. No troops in former, latter (#189) has 20 poison archers and Raiders.

This turn I'm forging Snake Ring for Niefelheim and searching for the land provinces I know I can keep for Water sites (got Conj3 and voice of apsu). Conj4 and Voice of Tiamat coming up in 2 turns, after that I hopefully have enough gem income to start churning items for when I reach Const4. Recruiting Deep Ones so that they're ready when you guys are.

atul

Back to top Go down

Turn 10 Thread Empty Re: Turn 10 Thread

Post  TheDemon Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:19 am

Abysia's cap is 114. He owns all surrounding provinces, and has just taken 105. His armies are:
20 units in 105, Burning Ones and Abysian Infantries
20 units in 115, Burning Ones and Abysian Infantries
10 units in 114, Burning Ones

Burning ones are tough nuts to crack as with their berserk they ignore awe, and they'll be difficult to deal with if they have a regen bless.

I'm thinking a hit and run thunderstrike attack on 105 this turn, in an attempt to prevent an attack on Niefel's fort under construction in 106. I'm moving 3 more EKs to this front and summoning another batch of Yazatas. Hopefully I will be able to get 6+ EKs and 18+ Yazatas in the field here in addition to archers and mammoths.

Lanka has pulled their main army back to their cap at 158. 220 units, Ganas, Avati Infantries, Avati Archers, Markata Archers and Asaras. They also have 40 units in 156, Avati Infantries, Markata Archers, Avati Archers, and Anusaras.

If I were to guess the enemy's moves this turn, I'd say 116 -> 119, 105 -> 106, 158 -> 135, and 156 -> 148. And Sauro will be doing 189 -> 186.

My moves will probably be: 3 EKs 127/128 -> 105 with retreat orders, and 145 -> 172.

I'll post a pic later.

Atul, is your army in 73 up for raiding 91?

Last edited by TheDemon on Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:26 am; edited 1 time in total

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Turn 10 Thread Empty Mercs

Post  TheDemon Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:21 am

Oh, and I can afford a 300+ bid on the Elephant Corps, and am starting a 3rd fort. Got gold coming out the wazoo.

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Post  atul Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:31 am

TheDemon wrote:Atul, is your army in 73 up for raiding 91?

It has 27 light infantries and scout-prophet as a smite support. So unless Abysia's putting up high PD sure, why not. I won't be crying myself to sleep if I lose that group anyway.

edit: what's up on Sauro front? I've got my Wyrm parked up there, could just keep on taking seas but can raid a bit. Though, the lances and raise dead spells aren't Wyrm's best friends...

atul

Back to top Go down

Post  lingchih Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:07 pm

Well, I just spent 15 minutes typing up my sit report, and then the site went down when I tried to post it, and I lost it all. I am beginning to hate this site.

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Post  lingchih Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:13 pm

Ok, one more time, much shorter this time I am afraid.

New Jarl with a snake ring moving into 14 to take on C'tis. Old Jarl in 14 moving back to the lab to get his snake ring. More Jarls on the way. I now have a pathway into C'tis in 273, but attack will not come until next turn.

Prophet and his skinshifter army are moving into 106 for support. Castle walls will be up this turn before any attack. Skinshifters should be better against Abysians than Jarls.

20 water gems being sent to Atul.

If anyone needs money, I have about 230 left over. If not, I'll spend it on skinshifters.

Let's hope it doesn't crash again when I try to post (but at least I copied my text to the clipboard this time).

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Turn 10 Thread Empty turn 10 pic

Post  TheDemon Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:01 pm

https://2img.net/h/oi39.tinypic.com/21m9mi0.jpg

As you can see, I'm worried about the Abysia and Lanka fronts. Gonna move everything west to support here. Right now I have 3 EKs + bodyguards in the field. Next turn I'll have 6 EKs, 12 Yazads, and my starting army. Turn after, even more stuff.

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDemon Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:34 am

So after discussion on IRC, we've decided to let Abysia hit 106 as Niefel can probably defend, and I'll take on Lanka more directly. I'm hitting 180 and 169 with an EK and guard each, and 172 with two EKs and 6 Yazads. All EK teams this turn are scripted to melee spellcasting (shockwave). I'm also attacking indeps at 118.

I'm sending one EK (with an earth random, yay!) to 141 to get started on the lab and temple there as the fort finishes this turn. My army is going to 141 as well. Pretender is summoning more yazatas. My 2 EKs in the East are headed to 174 this turn and then to the Lanka front. I started a new fort in 165. I put a bid for 320 gold on the Elephant Corps. Recruiting mammoths.

I'm expecting to lose 135, 119 and 127 this turn, although Lanka might not take 127 and might go for 148 instead.

Next turn that means I'll have 7 EKs and 9 Yazads in range of the Lanka/Abysia borders if necessary. My army, 20 Avati Archers and hopefully a total of 10 elephants/mammoths for defense.

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down