Team Vet HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Turn 25 Thread

5 posters

Go down

Turn 25 Thread Empty Turn 25 Thread

Post  lingchih Fri May 08, 2009 10:43 pm

Well, good news and bad news, what do you want first? OK, I'll start with the good news.

Lanka cap has been taken, and is under siege, but I cannot harm the wall. I should be able to make that force hard to dislodge, though. So I just need some siegers sent over there. I made a few of my own (hurlers), and they will be moving that way. Some gate cleavers would be helpful though.

Also, the mountain citadel will be going up in 14 this turn, which should cut off any further expansion into my territory from Ermor/C'tis.

Now for the bad news. Two equipped Jarls were killed in 11 when they attacked. Super heavy PD, plus, Ermor moved about 70 good troops into there. The Jarl solution in the south has pretty much been countered. I can't count on them to provide my main offense down there anymore.

My cap is down to 140 unrest, but got another Toads. The C'tis shade army did not move, or hide, in 65. Atul did attack it, but he lost to very heavy PD. My guess is he is castling there. I think it is time for some seekers now. There is only one commander there. Atul did take 49 back, but he went back to sleep before I could question him about the battle.

Conclusion...? I think we need some help vs. Ermor/C'tis. I'm ashamed to say it, but I can't do much but defend against them for now, with no recruiting in the cap.

I'll post some screenshots later.

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Turn 25 Thread Empty Re: Turn 25 Thread

Post  lingchih Fri May 08, 2009 11:06 pm

Screenshots:

Nief North:
https://i.servimg.com/u/f86/13/76/96/87/nief-n13.jpg

Nief Midland/homeland:
https://i.servimg.com/u/f86/13/76/96/87/nief-m10.jpg

Nief South:
https://i.servimg.com/u/f86/13/76/96/87/nief-s14.jpg

I'm probably bidding on Master Gibur this turn.

And, also, switching tactics. I will get Thaum 2 and blood three this turn, but I am then switching to evocation. I have plenty of falling frosts casters. Why not use them as such.

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Post  atul Sat May 09, 2009 1:35 am

There are 2 Sauromancers, 25 shades and 21-30 PD at 65. 49 had only PD so that I was able to take.

Took 55 from Agartha without losses, now I've also got another army at his border at 115. QM, I'd like some input how you are faring against him, it seems you're losing ground a bit.

I've also got a bit of a problem with Mictlan having about 80 units at 139, he might start coming my way. I'm taking 131 from him this turn.

Ermor's sieging Fomoria's castle at 237, he has troops all over the coast. 30 barbs at 11, 60 varied units at 6 are the ones closest to you.

Can't see any of Sauromatian troops except the stand-off with Vanheim.

Lingchih, I'd think you should invest in archers. They can't hurt your Jarls, but are stellar against barbarians and other stuff that hurt your Jarls. You shouldn't play as one-trick pony when the trick is being countered.

Sending 4 water bracelets to Caelum, starshine skullcap to Hinnom, girdle of might and shield of gleming gold to Helheim and charcoal shield to Niefelheim.

And I assume I'm not to take 57 yet this turn?

atul

Back to top Go down

Post  quantum_mechani Sat May 09, 2009 2:01 am

atul wrote: QM, I'd like some input how you are faring against him, it seems you're losing ground a bit.
Gamble that didn't pay off this turn- put all my forces in the one spot he didn't attack. I have a half dozen melquarts and misc troops that I'm pretty sure can defeat those armies, but I'd much rather do it with PD support, so it takes some guesswork.

quantum_mechani

Back to top Go down

Post  atul Sat May 09, 2009 2:50 am

Ok. I was thinking of moving to 69 and 101, the former is right next to his capital so it ought to draw him back a bit. A bit of a gamble since he might turn on me and annihilate at least one of the armies. I'm open to suggestions should you have them.

atul

Back to top Go down

Post  atul Sat May 09, 2009 2:09 pm

And replying to myself, but:

Lingchih, if you're sure you cand hold&storm Lanka capital I can send you one Gate Cleaver this turn and two next, it should do the trick. Need them back soon though, going to breach some other castles.

atul

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironhawk Sat May 09, 2009 2:41 pm

Things are looking promising for my attack on CTis. While unfortunate, lings loss of Jarls in the north will make him relax further on that front, which is where my attack will come from. On the SE side of his empire, CTis attacked my mountain pass at 256 and spotted my Sauro Army. Presumably, he will assume its coming to attack CTis, since he cannot communicate with Sauro, and will reinforce his position at 256 or fall back and reinforce at 247. So, hopefully I'll be catching him with his pants down at his cap.

The main attack is coming from my stealth army in 272, into the CTis cap at 260. 40 Helhirds, 13 valks, 15 huskarls, backed by Wailing Winds. My prophet and a smattering of Vanjarls are present for banishing and some flanking.

In terms of territorial control, I am attacking:
273: vanherse + helhird raiding party
265: ethereal awed vanjarl (this is the 2nd ctis fort)
244: awed vanjarl
246: unkitted vanjarl

On the Sauro front, Sauro is bumping up the PD in the circle master prov - very foolish because it makes them vulnerable to the Wailing Winds trick again. However, I am reinforcing my main army there with 60 longdead horse so I dont think I'll need a trick. Instead I will launch a regular attack next turn where I expect to kill a bunch of hydra and capture the fort prov.

Lastly about counter-raiding: I need to recall my counter-raiding party to the front lines with CTis. I'm bound to take losses in my biggest ever attack and I need that 2 turns of helhird production out on the front, not in the backfield. I will, however, keep one Dis on cleanup duty.

Atul: Can I get wolven winters on the CTis cap at 260?

Last edited by Ironhawk on Sat May 09, 2009 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ironhawk

Back to top Go down

Post  atul Sat May 09, 2009 2:55 pm

Hold the press!

Ermor pretender spotted! Septimus Severus the Great Sage is at 261, leading a group of 20 units mostly Retiarius. Low PD in that province too.

Please, Seeking Arrows in that general direction!

And, C'tis capital frozen as requested.

atul

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDemon Sun May 10, 2009 2:05 am

So this turn,

Vanheim and TC did nothing in the East. But Vanheim has an army of ~60 Archers visible and could have up to 100 glamor troops with it, one turn from the border in 168. I'm hitting where it's likely to be next turn (170) with 10 EKs, 17 mammoths, 70 archers, various other casting support.

Sauro attacked 163, so I am counterattacking with a force of EKs/Yazads, supported by storm and wind guide.

Due to heavy EK commitment to combat I can't spare any for seeking arrow this turn. I've been tracking Ermor's pretender for 3 turns now, I have a good idea of where he'll move to, so I should be able to hit either it or the sauromancers next turn.

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down