Team Vet HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Turn 29 thread

4 posters

Go down

Turn 29 thread Empty Turn 29 thread

Post  lingchih Mon May 18, 2009 9:13 pm

First of all, took the Lanka cap. Mictlan tried to hit my army there with a horror spamming little army before the storming, but it backfired on him, since his horrors attacked him instead of my troops. My jarls then killed the horrors easily.

C'tis finally left 65, and is raiding again with his shades. He took an unimportant prov from me, and looks like he took 125 from someone else (Caelum??).

Ermor took the bait in the south, and sent his whole army against my mountain citadel in 14. Good luck with all that, Ermor. Walls are holding at 650. Anyway, you are free to waltz in there if you like, Atul.

Domes in the cap turned back two toads, but a third got through. Still at 127 unrest, but hopefully I can get it down now.

Oh, and Lanka was nice enough to leave me his lab in his cap.

Thanks for all the donations.

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Turn 29 thread Empty Re: Turn 29 thread

Post  TheDemon Tue May 19, 2009 12:31 am

Took back provs from TC and Vanheim. Pressing the attack on Vanheim. C'tis has an army of 20 ghouls and 50 shades in 125. I think the shades will likely sneak out. Going to instead hit the forces in 65, then deal with the stealth army. Forging a Bag of Winds for Atul.

I'm still a little short on gold income, up to 300 in donations would be appreciated.

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironhawk Tue May 19, 2009 10:41 am

As I said in IRC, the battle at CTis was pretty rough. Foul Vapors and high protection fire resistant thugs really worked me over. Lost about 30 helhirds, tho no commanders. I couldnt repel another attack with only the 13 or so valks I have left so I will have to abandon the seige and fall back to the mountain pass.

While CTis's new team-empowered tactic comes at an awkward moment I dont think it represents a serious resurgence. His last attack lost him a third of his remaining army and his lands are in ruins from 5 turns of 200 taxes. We just need to brainstorm some new tactics to throw against him. Vanjarls with poison rings is the first one that comes to mind, to counter the Foul Vapors. More longdead horsemen too, I suppose - however the wastefulness of that spell apalls me.

Ling, when can you go on the offensive in the CTis warzone? If there was ever a time to help, this is it.

Sauro's circle master fort surprisingly didnt break this turn. Probably will next turn since I have a good amount of guys there and the only thing he is threatening me with is what appears to be a single bane? He's building more hydras but for the time being, I'm keeping them running around chasing raiders instead of forming a cohesive counter attack. I need a tactic to bring down Hydra teams too - perhaps False Fetters + Lightning Bolts spam?

Ironhawk

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDemon Tue May 19, 2009 11:30 am

It occurs to me his brands and charcoal shields may have came from dead jarls.

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Post  atul Tue May 19, 2009 1:49 pm

I'm sending Caelum 300 gold, a hammer (or do you need 2?) and 2 living water bottles. Got 2 shields of gleaming gold too, wonder whether to use them myself or not.

Agartha killed my chaff at 87 but my second army sieged his capital. I'm pulling the remaining chaff to his unmanned 2nd fort at 56 that's currently under siege, leaving 2 thugged basalt kings to kill whoever tries to break siege. I hope he brings magma children, they've got nothing on my kings.

Pic: https://i.servimg.com/u/f89/13/89/61/11/kuva_111.jpg

I'm marching on C'tis, starting on Ermor army at 14 and hopefully continuing to C'tis capital. Putting a lot of mages into that, hope it works. My idea would be to IH keep the south, Ling to get the coast and me going from the middle.

Ermor took 7 again, going to take a turn to recruit troops to flush him out.

Mictlan's bothering me a bit up north too, raided 131 this time.

Pretender's sitting on 189 (Sauro fort) again, I'll move him away to escape skellyspam.

atul

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironhawk Tue May 19, 2009 3:15 pm

So, it looks like I'm going to need more poison rings. Ling - it was posed in the channel that you might have poison rings left over on your Jarls that you were no longer using. Can you send those to me this turn?

Ironhawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironhawk Tue May 19, 2009 3:18 pm

BTW - I talked with a few people in IRC about anti-hydra strats. Heres what they came up with:

False Fetters + Orb Lightning, for the straight-up kills (might take a bunch of jarls)

Confusion, to get them to turn on each other / pd (might be hard to break thier MR?)

Air Elemental spam, since hydras dont have magic attacks (not sure if they can make the kill tho)

What do you guys think?

Ironhawk

Back to top Go down

Post  lingchih Tue May 19, 2009 8:54 pm

Ironhawk wrote:So, it looks like I'm going to need more poison rings. Ling - it was posed in the channel that you might have poison rings left over on your Jarls that you were no longer using. Can you send those to me this turn?

Yes, I'm not really fighting C'tis anymore. I'll send you those I am not using (2 or 3, I think).

OK, 3 snake rings sent to you, Hawk.

I wish you would quit insisting that I attack in the south. I have two Jarls left down there, and no way to recruit any more. They are helping to research falling frost, at which point I can get back in the battles down there. I'm not going to throw two more away against Ermor's idiotic 50+ PD. Atul is on the way... he should be able to help you while I get my evocation up. Rant over Very Happy

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Post  lingchih Tue May 19, 2009 9:29 pm

OK, if I can get a couple shields of gleaming gold on those two Jarls in the south, I will send them out to take Ermor's coast turn after next. I really need some kind of crowd control on them, to take out his stupid high PD.

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Post  atul Tue May 19, 2009 10:23 pm

Currently I've got 3 gold shields in my lab, and as orders (now) are I'm using 1 myself, sending 1 to Hel and 1 to Nief. Better allocations can be demanded. Going to forge more this turn.

atul

Back to top Go down

Post  lingchih Tue May 19, 2009 10:26 pm

Well. My Jarls aren't going anywhere this turn, but two would be good for the turn after this.

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Post  atul Tue May 19, 2009 10:38 pm

Okay, miscalculated turns. Sending 2 shields to Hel, as Nief isn't moving next turn. Currently forging shields a lot.

atul

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironhawk Tue May 19, 2009 11:34 pm

Cool thanks. I think having all the firepower we can bring to bear together on that front will make it collapse all the quicker.

Atul, I sent you 8 earth and 15 or so nature this turn. Thanks again for the equipment.

In other news, I'm doing a controlled retreat from CTis. Set up a couple of Hydra traps on my way out, hopefully I will bag a couple. Otherwise, I'm leaning all my weight on the circle master fort of sauro in the hopes of breaking it this turn before he can mount a counter attack. Should work out.

Ironhawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down