Team Vet HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Turn 11 Thread

4 posters

Go down

Turn 11 Thread Empty Turn 11 Thread

Post  atul Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:12 am

Nice speech TheDemon.

My attempt at raiding #91 was met by Burning Ones and 2 Anathemant Dragons. Abysia has F9N4B4 bless, I'm betting on Moloch. Nothing else to report, except that I'm so researching Destruction before ever setting foot on that nation's lands again.

Got lucky and found Kelp Fort next to my capital. Also got a ND shaman so some small Death forging is now a possibility.

Can Niefel stop the Abysian troops at #93? If not, I'm starting to castle the forging province this turn so it would be relatively safe from Abysia. Sending Fire Ring and Snake Ring, forging a new pair.

Other than that, C'tis didn't attack. He's got 50 units in his capital (260), Sauromancer searching for sites at 259 and the rest of the troops "somewhere".

Sauromatia's coming up north with a group of six or so Hydras, currently at 221.

I'm 100 RP away from Const4, so please start to consider what you want/need forged immediately and what comes after that. Got water gems now, thanks guys, when I'll get back to that Conj4 target I'll have enough to cover my lan.... waters.

atul

Back to top Go down

Turn 11 Thread Empty Re: Turn 11 Thread

Post  TheDemon Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:35 pm

Abysia's moves this turn are solid defensively. I thought he would be more agressive but he obviously was operating under the assumption that Niefel's guys in 106 were an unknown. With his troops in a triangle, he can combine his armies defensively in any combo, or attack.

Unfortunately for him, this means I've had time to get all my EKs into position. So this turn's moves will be defensive against Lanka, and next turn I'll annihilate Abysia's forces.

My attacks 180, 169 and 172 were sucessful.

Lanka took 135, 127 and 126. 126 was with the Villains merc group (I did not see that coming).

I'll post more details later. QM if you don't mind give me that prov you clashed with me over by my cap, I kind of need it. If you leave no PD I can take it this turn with an indep commander I have nearby.

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Post  lingchih Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:38 pm

Well, no one was very aggressive at all, I guess. (except Lanka).

C'tis did not move any troops that I can see. Didn't even move his sauromancer out of 273. Gudlaug with his shiny new snake ring is moving back into 14 to support the Jarl already there. Next turn, I will probably use them both to attack 273.

Abysia went south of my castle and took the indies in 93. And I have a new neighbor in Lanka to the north of my castle in 127 and 126. My pd is of course awful, and since Lanka has flanked me and stands to drive south into my lands, I'm sending the new Jarl up that way to try and hold those provs.

I'm also attacking Abysia in 93 with my prophet and his army. The Jarls will mostly stay out of it with Abysia.

Atul, why don't you pop into 49 and take it. It looks like a bunch of the bear tribesmen died or something.

Last edited by lingchih on Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:37 pm; edited 2 times in total

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Post  lingchih Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:26 pm

And, oh, yes Atul, please castle the steel ovens. I am not sure that I can stop that raiding force in 93. I'm going to try to though.

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironhawk Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:17 pm

My two attacks were successfull, I'm not corralling all my indy fighters back to my fort in order to defend against the presumed Hydra attack coming from sauro. I'll be attacking CTis in province 259 - if I'm lucky maybe I will be able to catch his sauromancer unscripted and get a nice kill during the raid. Also attacking the indy prov at 254 with a bunch of helhirds. That prov will also give me a chance to see exactly what I'm up against in the Hydra force.

Speaking of the hydras, unless he hesistates, there wont be enough time to get a good amount of lizards up to fight, only 13. So I'll be fighting with a mob of archers, pd, huskarls and a rocking number of helhirds gathered up from the hinterlands. I figure that should do for 6 unblessed hydras pretty well, even tho I'd rather have taken my losses in lizards. *shrug*

Will be sending another raiding team up into CTis lands. And I have one assigned to counter-raid Sauro as well, once the Hydras pass. My fort comes online this coming turn as well so I'll have more raider commanders in the future. Oh - and I get to start researching this turn, can you believe it?? Smile

Ironhawk

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDemon Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:06 am

I did say Lanka had a huge army and that he was going to attack exactly where he did in the last thread. Can't be helped. I'm pretty sure he's gunning for me. What you see in 127 is actually his smallest army:

in 127, 77 total troops: 8 Anusaras, 16 Avati Archers, 27 Avati Infantry, 23 Markata Archers, 3 Longdead, 1 Bandar Commander Prophet
in 135, 153 total troops: 60 Ganas, 5 Kala-Mukha Warrior, 5 Anusara, 10 Asaras, 10 Bandar Warriors, 18 Avati Archers, 23 Avati Infantry, 21 Markata Archers, 1 Raksharaja commander.
in 158, scout report shows 130 units, mostly Ganas, Light Bandar Archers, and Avati Infantries
His bless is F4 W6 S4 N4
His armies are basically unscripted, they aren't laid out sensibly at all.

Other scouting reports:
195 - Sauro, 2 Hydras
197 - Sauro, empty
185 - Sauro, empty
189 - Sauro, 30 units, Androphags and Raiders
184 - Lanka, empty
156 - Lanka, 3 Archers
116 - Abysia, empty

In the East, I've finally discovered Fomoria, 6 Unmarked at 192.

Lingchih, you're going to be facing double the troops that are in 93 if you hit it now, plus some pretty tough PD. Abysia is pretty much guaranteed to move his army in 91 to 93. Can you take it?

I'll be ok if I stick to my strategy of ignoring territory wars and hitting armies when we're guaranteed to win. That's why I'm not worried that Lanka took a bunch of my provs.
Right now I'm massing my EKs and mammoths in 141. Next turn I can deliver a killing blow to either the Abysia or the Lanka armies.

Attacks this turn:
- Hit and run thunder strike attack on 127, 2 EKs
- Attack on 135. A gamble. Since it's not next to any of my territories, he'll move out first. Since it's next to his cap, and since his armies all have 2 mapmove, he won't move in. Therefore a 1 EK strike might work.
- 1 Commander to 118. Hinnom, don't build PD.

Pics this turn:
West https://2img.net/h/oi41.tinypic.com/2607vj4.jpg
East https://2img.net/h/oi42.tinypic.com/2nis1na.jpg

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDemon Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:17 am

Ironhawk wrote:Speaking of the hydras, unless he hesistates, there wont be enough time to get a good amount of lizards up to fight, only 13. So I'll be fighting with a mob of archers, pd, huskarls and a rocking number of helhirds gathered up from the hinterlands. I figure that should do for 6 unblessed hydras pretty well, even tho I'd rather have taken my losses in lizards. *shrug*

Huskarls set to fire are a good plan, but the main issue with Hydras is their stacked fear auras. Can you keep your army from routing?

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Post  lingchih Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:19 am

Demon, we would be better off if you hit IRC when everyone else is on. That's when we are making our decisions, for the most part. I'm not criticizing you, but it would be helpful.

Yes, I will probably get killed in 93, but I am willing to fight there. I have retreat provs open. Hopefully I can do some damage, and there is another Jarl with skinshifters coming up there.

And what happened in the north? I am now open to Lanka, who had no border with me last turn.

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDemon Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:50 am

Atul, what were the Anathemant Dragons in 91 casting?

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Post  atul Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:20 am

Flare.

Ling, without heavy support, you'll get slaughtered.

atul

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDemon Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:28 am

lingchih wrote:Demon, we would be better off if you hit IRC when everyone else is on. That's when we are making our decisions, for the most part. I'm not criticizing you, but it would be helpful.

Yes, I will probably get killed in 93, but I am willing to fight there. I have retreat provs open. Hopefully I can do some damage, and there is another Jarl with skinshifters coming up there.

And what happened in the north? I am now open to Lanka, who had no border with me last turn.

If you hold off a little, I have 9 EKs in the field next turn. I just simmed a few battles, and 9 EKs and my prophet can take on up to 60 mixed burning ones and abysian infantries with few/no losses. Unless Lanka puts my fort under siege, Abysia's army will be my first target.

In the north, Lanka just hit what he could, I hit what I could, and neither of us could defend.

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironhawk Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:46 am

lingchih wrote:Demon, we would be better off if you hit IRC when everyone else is on. That's when we are making our decisions, for the most part. I'm not criticizing you, but it would be helpful.

Heh, Ling - Demon, Q, and myself are basically on IRC more than anyone else. We just idle there all day. You cant really complain if one or the other of us goes missing for an hour or two even if its when the rest of the team just happens to show. After all thats why we have the forum, as a time independent way of making sure information gets passed around.

Ironhawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironhawk Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:50 am

TheDemon wrote:Huskarls set to fire are a good plan, but the main issue with Hydras is their stacked fear auras. Can you keep your army from routing?

Thats an excellent point, I hadnt considered the fear auras - I was mostly just focused on cutting off all the heads. And I think 50+ archers and my huskarls will be able to do that. Maybe I'll prophetize one of my commanders next turn so I have a SoC caster.

On that note actually - I need to pick a new prophet. Any suggestions?

Ironhawk

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDemon Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:36 am

I do read all discussion that happens on IRC when I'm AFK. Sorry I can't be there every time you need me but I'll try to get pics and writeups posted in the turn threads as the turns come out so you are up-to-date. Right now the plan is a) group EKs and b) eliminate the enemy armies 1 by 1. It'll take a few turns.

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Post  lingchih Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:35 pm

Sorry Demon. I get worked up sometimes when I'm playing. No offense to you.

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down