Team Vet HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Turn 9 thread - are they gonna attack or what?

+2
TheDemon
lingchih
6 posters

Go down

Turn 9 thread - are they gonna attack or what? Empty Turn 9 thread - are they gonna attack or what?

Post  lingchih Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:02 pm

Still no attacks from either Pyth or Ctis. Ctis brought all his little armies together into one big army. Pyth moved around a bit and took an indy prov.

Meanwhile, my undead forces grow.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f86/13/76/96/87/ermor_14.jpg

udpate: Bidding a little over 300 on the Farstrikers

Last edited by lingchih on Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Turn 9 thread - are they gonna attack or what? Empty Re: Turn 9 thread - are they gonna attack or what?

Post  TheDemon Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:12 pm

https://2img.net/h/oi30.tinypic.com/2ihwd9k.jpg west - caelum, ulm VS eriu, marignon

https://2img.net/h/oi29.tinypic.com/2vnf061.jpg south - jotunheim VS marignon, vanheim

Ran into Caelum's and Jotunheim's armies on my new borders. Scouting reports in the post. My expansion armies are small, I could win in a defensive fight vs caelum, or take indeps, or raid him. Gonna withdraw from jotunheim. I notice atul has struck this turn so hopefully he'll be concerned with defense.

Ulm spotted north of Caelum. Still nothing in the East. Sending my newest army that way.

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Turn 9 thread - are they gonna attack or what? Empty i didn't get attacked either even though it was correct to attack me

Post  namad Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:29 pm

this is before bidding on mercs... and i think i want the boar mage to use to search for nature sites. i could spend 900 on temple/lab to recruit tribal n1 mages. given this information what should i bid on the boar mage? i don't really need the troops at all

shinyuma could bring a reinforcement army and defeat either of my two armies 2on1 with his armies...

pan's gorgon could surprise me anytime anywhere but i figure a scout building a fort won't give away it's location... i could instead hang back and wait there to defend the fort and win the battle (perhaps)

Turn 9 thread - are they gonna attack or what? Th_33665_ashdodturn9_122_16lo

namad

Back to top Go down

Turn 9 thread - are they gonna attack or what? Empty Re: Turn 9 thread - are they gonna attack or what?

Post  DrPraetor Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:50 pm

Attacking 255 and 193.

Sending one pair of bracers to Ashdod.

Making for Ashdod this turn: Fire Brand, Winged Shoes, Amulet of MR, Snake Ring, Dragon Helmet.

Making for Eriu this turn: Frost Brand, Shield of Gleaming Gold.

That's a lot of Fire(!), some Earth, Nature, Water, Astral, and I'm out of Air.

Turn 9 thread - are they gonna attack or what? TCT_9

DrPraetor

Back to top Go down

Post  atul Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:52 pm

Pick first, I need to think about moving. Wonder if it's safe to attack that capital with just 56 skinshifters?

https://i.servimg.com/u/f89/13/89/61/11/kuva_710.jpg

atul

Back to top Go down

Post  DrPraetor Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:21 pm

Is there an advantage in hitting his capital?

Send a probe force large enough to take out the PD. I bet that he's trying to build up some spell or item to give him a better chance of fighting you off and turtling in his capital while he does so.

Keep your other troops moving for a couple of turns while you bring in reinforcements, take the rest of his territories. If he sits in his capital while you do that, great. You may even simply retreat from his army when he emerges Smile.

DrPraetor

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDemon Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:52 pm

I should mention I'm looking for Baalz's input on what to do about the caelum force in 147. Maybe you think you can take care of it this turn, in which case I would probably attack 134 to cut the retreat. Otherwise I'd sit tight and buy PD.

I've also decided to send my new army to the Caelum border instead of East. Its mapmove 2 whereas most of my other armies are mapmove 1.

And I should mention my attacks:
75, 78

The spy reports:
116 - Caelum, 2 PD
Plus previously scouted:
114 - Caelum, 0 PD

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Post  Baalz Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:46 pm

Sorry, I'm a bit out of touch this week, no internet where I'm staying so I have to run over to download turns and check messages then take my turns later that night, run out again to upload them. Haven't seen the current turn yet so I can't comment, you make a call I'll try and check messages via my phone before taking my turn to see if anybody calls in for an air strike.

Baalz

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDemon Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:02 pm

Gonna sit tight then, buy PD. Its the safe move.

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down