Team Vet HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Turn 23 thread

4 posters

Go down

Turn 23 thread Empty Turn 23 thread

Post  lingchih Mon May 04, 2009 11:25 pm

Well, I destroyed the Lankan army, when they decided to attack me in 127. I am splitting my forces there, and attacking Lanka in 156, and Mictlan in 135.

C'tis is raiding me pretty well in the south, but Hawk and Atul are coming in to help. I do not think he can siege my cap.

Got another rain of toads on the cap. Still can't get it under 100 unrest, but I am recruiting patrollers, and researching domes.

Making a thistle mace for Atul this turn, and a skull staff for whoever needs it. I will use the skull staff myself if no one claims it.

Good turn overall.

A Hammer would be nice.

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Turn 23 thread Empty Re: Turn 23 thread

Post  atul Tue May 05, 2009 7:10 am

Abysia went down, I'll move on 133 and if Caelum can take 105 we'd get the guy out of the game for good.

Took last remaining underwater prov at 191, should Helheim require it I can cut Sauro's retreat by attacking 188 with my Wyrm.

So, the question is, where next? I can attack Agartha with my Abysian armies and reinforce them a bit from the seas, or divert some troops to attack C'tis at any time.

Sending hammer to Niefelheim, Const6 next turn.

And please, someone clear 57 pd for me this or next turn, I've got a scout nearby.

atul

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDemon Tue May 05, 2009 4:46 pm

I'm not sure if I can clear 105 this turn, it'll have tons of PD and archers and I have 4 EKs and zero chaff in range.

However he can't recruit a commander there so the archers aren't going anywhere. He'd only be able to get back into the game if they fed him the gold for a fort and he built it with his slayer.

Anyway, currently I'm pretty removed from the western front. I plan on harassing Sauro some, and continuing to raid mictlan and lanka.

In the East, I have a big army trapped by Tien Chi. He's brought out 30 celestial hounds (100% lightning immune flying) and 6 celestial masters kitted with lightning immune and air shield gear. His script is air elementals (also lightning immune) and paralyze spam. That army is in 134.

My army is in 117, consisting of 10 mammoths, 7 EKs, 61 archers, 9 yazads, 2 A2 W1 mages. It's surrounded by TC provs, including two forts with at 100 and 129. The fort at 100 has 150 units, Footmen, Warriors of the Five Elements and Archers. His cap at 129 has 70 units, Footmen and Warriors of the Five Elements. Also large complements of Celestial Masters (EA TC Celestial Masters fly).

I could do one of two things:
Plan 1
Cloud Trap in some Freezing Mist casters, spam false fetters and thunder strike (which will default to ghost wolves in case of lightning immunes), trap the mammoths in the back where they won't get hurt. Cloud trap in a retreat path.

Plan 2
Fly out everything that flies, suicide the mammoths with retreat orders. I'll probably lose 4 to 10 mammoths, but everything else will be safe.

I'm not really sure which plan is riskier, input?

Vanheim is also threatening my Eastern fort with small armies of glamor troops. I plan doing a quick test of seeking arrow, I'll use seeking arrow if I can and lightning if that doesn't work.

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Post  lingchih Tue May 05, 2009 7:28 pm

OK, a little more detail and some requests for Niefelheim.

Ermor has built up about a 200 strong army in 11, next to 14, which I am trying to fort. I have a strong force in 14, but anything anyone could do to thin down those ranks would be great. I have 4 equipped Jarls, 3 priests, 10 skinshifters, 20 locally recruited hvy infantry set on guard commmanders (priests), and about as much as I am ever willing to spend on PD with Nief (20). I should be able to hold, but it's taking a while to build that mountain citadel.

Atul, freezing 135 and 156 would be most helpful for me. But if you are strapped, I can go without. Those are the Lanka and Mictlan provs that I am attacking.

thanks

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironhawk Tue May 05, 2009 9:41 pm

https://i.servimg.com/u/f87/13/77/31/44/helhei19.jpg

Pushed back Sauros Hydras out of 254 with a successfull Wailing Winds + Vanjarls attack. Only lost one helhird, so that was a treat. I'm moving in the Hydra-killer defense to lock down that province. In the meantime I'm sending every able-bodied glamour troop up to the 276 area. The plan is to move from there on to the CTis cap in stealth and then attack it while his men are off gallavanting over by the river.

Ling, I know you need to staff for your defense in 14, but if you can keep as low a profile as possible that would be great. The less threatened he feels in that area, the more likely he is to misallocate his troops. Currently the CTis main army is at 247.

Got raided by Sauro in my south at 188. His raiders consists of:

2 unkitted Banes
3 Amazons
20 or assorted archers (some andros)

Atul - I dont need a retreat cut as I plan to retreat myself. Plan is to attack that force with a cloud trap'd kitted Vanjarl. Should be a pushover, except the chill aura of the Banes has me a little worried as it turns out my guys have no cold res (thought they did??). However, atul, if you want to take that province and arent worried about that force or the unusually high PD that sauro likes to play - feel free.

As for clearing prov 57 for Atul, I can do that. QM said its only 1 PD, so I will cloud trap in a vanjarl - he should be more than a match for the single giant commander.

Oh I almost forgot the raiders in the north. I am attacking the ctis raiders who are hitting ling. The target province is 35. However, I will not be able to get them without them being pinned by Seeking Arrows. Demon, I know you have a critical situation going on with your army so that takes priority - but let me know if its possible for you to shoot arrows at 35?

Ironhawk

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDemon Wed May 06, 2009 12:15 am

I have EKs available, how many arrows?

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDemon Wed May 06, 2009 1:52 am

Ok, 4 arrows on 35, 2 arrows to deal with the vanheim situation as it turns out they hit glamored commanders on defend or attack but not commanders with hide or sneak-move orders, gonna sacrifice my mammoths with a 50/50 of a 50% retreat, pull out everything with flying, and move my west army east and EKs to labs. Raiding a bunch of provs as well deep in Lanka/Mictlan territory.

Air gems would be nice to have but it looks like you guys sent me everything last turn.

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Post  atul Wed May 06, 2009 8:05 am

lingchih wrote:
Atul, freezing 135 and 156 would be most helpful for me. But if you are strapped, I can go without. Those are the Lanka and Mictlan provs that I am attacking.
Winters incoming. You need one or two per province?

atul

Back to top Go down

Post  lingchih Wed May 06, 2009 7:24 pm

atul wrote:
lingchih wrote:
Winters incoming. You need one or two per province?

One each should be good. Of course two would be most helpful if you can afford it.

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down