Team Vet HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Turn 5 Thread

5 posters

Go down

Turn 5 Thread Empty Turn 5 Thread

Post  TheDemon Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:44 am

Sucessfully took 162, 138, 120. Attacking 177, 163, 149, and 125 this turn.

Good job hiring ship wreckers Atlantis. Mercs for this turn are the incredible City Guard. Ugh.

Scout report:
205 - Vanheim's Cap
201 - vanheim ownership
166 - mictlan ownership
157 - enemy dominion
Other provs surrounding 190 are currently indep.

I'm sending my scout to 124 this turn to check the south side, then towards my western front.

I have 200 extra gold. Post if you need any.

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Turn 5 Thread Empty Re: Turn 5 Thread

Post  TheDemon Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:54 am

Also I might add that poor Septimius Severus is having the worst luck this game. First turn, bad luck on cap patrolling or event. Now he's lost his army to indeps.

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Post  atul Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:42 am

C'tis capital is at #260.

I just took a province next to it, too bad no accidental smashing of his troops. As the NAP is still in effect, I'm just raising taxes to 200% there and move away. Basically C'tis has almost all of the farmlands around #260 so he's going to be rich.

Other enemy sightings are just dominion, #91 has a single candle with Order/Production/2Heat/Misfortune, I've got candle as far as in #31 but nothing borders it.

#67 I just took for its indy mages (Wolf Tribe) also has an added bonus of Steel Ovens (20% Const discount), which is really handy.

It seems #61 has 7 Krakens, 17 Water Trolls and a Troll mage with Wave Breaker. Guess I won't be taking that province any time soon.

Moving to #276, #20, and, due to lack of any better immediate target, #79 unless Niefel wants it.

Starting to construct required temple at #67, won't be having much extra money on this or next turn (building a lab and King to forge a Dwarven Hammer then).

atul

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironhawk Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:14 pm

My attacks were all successfull with no losses. Should be able to make 3-4 attacks this round as well. I should be able to take the chokepoint at 267, its just full of hoburgs. If possible I will go for the scripted site north of it, too. However, the province connecting to the skull island to the south is guarded by the most hated Lizardmen and thier curses. I may try and take that with my starting army of regulars supported by Helhirds but thats two turns out, at least.

Have the money needs of Hinnom and Neifel been covered for this turn? With the added production I'd like to step up Helhirding output.

Ironhawk

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDemon Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:13 pm

The nice thing about hoburg militias is that they come with a lab-only nature mage, whose only disadvantage is mapmove 1.

That should give helheim and I the nature splash we need to get site searching.

No idea about their money needs, but I have enough gold to cover both this turn. I'm holding off until we hear from them though.

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironhawk Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:43 pm

atul wrote:#67 I just took for its indy mages (Wolf Tribe) also has an added bonus of Steel Ovens (20% Const discount), which is really handy.

I completely overlooked this until TheDemon pointed it out to me. Thats great!! Since you are already our designated forger it just makes it that much easier. I dont have the map handy - do you think you will be able to protect that province?

Ironhawk

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDemon Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:03 pm

Ironhawk wrote:
atul wrote:#67 I just took for its indy mages (Wolf Tribe) also has an added bonus of Steel Ovens (20% Const discount), which is really handy.

I completely overlooked this until TheDemon pointed it out to me. Thats great!! Since you are already our designated forger it just makes it that much easier. I dont have the map handy - do you think you will be able to protect that province?

Looking at the map, if Niefel can take 96 and 90, he basically shelters that entire 5-province mountain range. Plus it's adjacent to Atlantis's capital. I don't think there'll be problems holding it until we're losing quite badly.

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironhawk Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:23 pm

TheDemon wrote:I don't think there'll be problems holding it until we're losing quite badly.

Until!!! Surely you mean unless!

Ironhawk

Back to top Go down

Post  quantum_mechani Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:27 pm

I'll want 100-150 gold.

quantum_mechani

Back to top Go down

Post  lingchih Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:41 pm

I took 96, 58 and 35. No losses. Moving on 111, 60, 47, and 24 this turn. I'm not going to move on 90 just yet. There are elephants in there. Elephants are bigger than Jarls. I'm basically heading out in all directions, going for farmlands and special sites. Still recruiting a jarl a turn, and my economy seems to be in good shape, since I have so many farmlands. Making over 800 a turn right now. I'll still take money if anyone wants to send some though. I should probably castle up somewhere soon.

Still have not seen a Noob nation yet. strange. but then, I only have one scout.

Big congrats on finding the Ovens Atul. That's awesome news.

I'm probably going to leave the next Jarl home to research. I have not even started researching yet.

And that's the news from Neifelheim.

Last edited by lingchih on Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:54 pm; edited 3 times in total

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Post  lingchih Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:49 pm

Oh, and I've got heroic strength on the one Jarl in the hall of fame. Kind of overkill, but it's nice to whip out 60 damage in one hit Very Happy

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDemon Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:54 pm

Ok, so I'll supply qm's 150 gold. According to the score tables niefel's income is over 900, so I think you'll be ok. That'll let me drop my tax rate to a safe level.

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Post  lingchih Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:05 pm

Yeah, I'm doing fine now. You guys keep your money, or send it elsewhere.

I'll take some luck amulets though, whenever you can make them. For the Jarls.

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down