Team Vet HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Turn 1 Thread

5 posters

Go down

Turn 1 Thread Empty Turn 1 Thread

Post  TheDemon Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:21 pm

Its turn 1 and there's not much to discuss, but here's a thread anyway.

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Turn 1 Thread Empty Re: Turn 1 Thread

Post  TheDemon Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:31 pm

I should mention the mercs for this turn are the Ship Wreckers, 20 men, 150 gold. War Shamblers if I recall.

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Post  lingchih Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:30 pm

They are the only top quality underwater mercs, and are available but once a game. That said, I can't mess up my turn 1 strategy to take them now.

lingchih

Back to top Go down

Post  DrPraetor Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:35 pm

I won't be buying them either.

Sending 136gp to Ashdod, nothing else to report.

DrPraetor

Back to top Go down

Post  atul Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:14 pm

Everything seems to be as expected.

Can't buy Ship Wreckers either, beginning preparations to kill the noob on the left as per discussion with TheDemon earlier.

atul

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDemon Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:41 pm

I can afford up to 430 on ship wreckers if I want. Alternately, I can buy a mage for 270 (the plan was to send him out with my army and sitesearch early) and donate 160 to someone. I certainly don't need a turn 1 mage, I'm not too worried about losing a turn on sitesearching. The full bid on the mercs might be worth it to keep the noobs out of the water, but we need early donations to Eriu for early forts, and constant donations to Ashdod or Vanheim, so I'd like some opinions first.

e: My current orders are a 400 merc bid and a spy for 30. Atul and Lingchih didn't object when I ran this by them on IRC but they aren't the ones who need donations so please pipe up if you do.

TheDemon

Back to top Go down

Post  atul Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:54 pm

Vanheim's resource-constrained for the first few turns, so no need for immediate money.

I'd say go for the mercs now, feed me Seymor -part comes soon enough.

atul

Back to top Go down

Turn 1 Thread Empty prophet patrol 140tax recruit maxtroops(2) leftover cash=crappyworst mage (can't afford other)

Post  namad Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:55 am

prophet patrol 140tax recruit maxtroops(2) leftover cash=crappyworst mage (can't afford other)

the 2troops are enough to defeat the weakest neighboring province generally in tests

namad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down